MSU men fall to 0-2 with loss at Grand Canyon

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

MSU men fall to 0-2 with loss at Grand Canyon

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Cats fall 61-45 in Phoenix on Monday night.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU men fall to 0-2 with loss at Grand Canyon

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:17 pm

45 pts scored against a school i didn't know existed. Gonna be a long couple years to right this ship.

scottlanz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by scottlanz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:07 am

I went to the game last night. I was one of 5 MSU fans in the stands.

Coach Fish is trying to do some good things. I could tell that the team has been focusing on Defense and defensive strategies. (Except for the strategy that you don't leave a kid with the name of Majarle open in the corner.....)

Offensively, they are confused and unsure about where to go. But, its a young team and from what I saw, he has poor senior leadership. Norman wants nothing to do with Coach Fish, at least that's what it looked like to me. Dison wanted to do everything himself, and had a few good plays, but he hasn't bought in to the system yet either....

It could be a long year, but I will say that the future looks pretty good. His younger players have some nice attributes and could turn this thing around.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:58 am

scottlanz wrote:I went to the game last night. I was one of 5 MSU fans in the stands.

Coach Fish is trying to do some good things. I could tell that the team has been focusing on Defense and defensive strategies. (Except for the strategy that you don't leave a kid with the name of Majarle open in the corner.....)

Offensively, they are confused and unsure about where to go. But, its a young team and from what I saw, he has poor senior leadership. Norman wants nothing to do with Coach Fish, at least that's what it looked like to me. Dison wanted to do everything himself, and had a few good plays, but he hasn't bought in to the system yet either....

It could be a long year, but I will say that the future looks pretty good. His younger players have some nice attributes and could turn this thing around.
Norman already graduated. Fish had to talk him into staying and you can certainly tell he wants to move on to the next phase of his life watching him play here early. I think they would have let him go his own way if not for Kavell Bigby-Wiliams being declared ineligible.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:50 pm

It was a tough game to listen to but I was really happy with the effort of some of the players, but this team is so out of balance I think a lot of players are just not comfortable playing the spots they are in. I think this does show a lot of room for improvement but still I think we need to get some rebounders on the roster before we start to scare anyone. Really impressed with Robison confidence and ability score around the basket. I was also pretty impressed with true freshman Green who perfect from the field and line and ended in double figures and rebounded well from the guard spot. He shows potential not to mention a high level of athleticism. Like I said I think this team could improve quite a bit (cut down on turnovers might be a good starting point) but even so that might just get us from the cellar to lower middle pack in the Big Sky