PODCAST: MSU men's basketball preview with Coach Fish (FREE)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

PODCAST: MSU men's basketball preview with Coach Fish (FREE)

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:38 pm

First-year head coach Brian Fish takes over the Montana State men's basketball team after eight seasons under Brad Huse. The Bobcats were 14-17 a year ago, including 9-11 in the Big Sky. MSU missed the league tournament for the first time under Huse, leading to his departure. The Bobcats return three seniors in guard Michael Dison, forward Eric Norman and center Blake Brumwell. MSU also has two-year starter junior guard Marcus Colbert back to play alongside Dison. The Bobcats are young - three true freshmen will be called upon heavily - and don't have many expectations. Montana State was picked to finish 11th in the 12-team Big Sky by both the coaches and the media. Here's what Fish thinks of his team's prospects this season. Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: PODCAST: MSU men's basketball preview with Coach Fish (F

Post by DicTater » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:05 pm

I loved the interview. Man, is Fish a breath of fresh air! He's talking about helping guys develop their game, making basketball fun again and getting guys' confidence back. All Huse ever talked about was getting the plays in his system down. Its sad, but when he was talking about guys like Norman and Robison not wanting to even play anymore and guys having no confidence or not seeing themselves as total basketball players, its so obvious how beaten down the program was under Huse. The Cats may not win a lot of games this year, but at least they'll be playing basketball instead of Huseball.

LZCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by LZCAT » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:40 pm

I also loved the interview. I can see why he is considered a great recruiter. His way of speaking had my total attention. He got me excited to go watch the Cats play. I have a feeling that come January the Cats might start to jell and who knows might do better than most people think. The fact that he said he wanted to score at least in the mid seventies per game as opposed to the previous sixty-something per game, will be a lot more exciting and fun to watch. He talked a lot about developing the players basketball IQ. I can't wait for the season to start. Does any one know if the games against UCLA and Kentucky will be televised somewhere?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Great Interview Colter, it was one of the best Bobcat preseason previews (written or audio) that I have ever heard/read. It hit on getting to Fish's philosophy on winning at MSU, you and fish addressed every player and really took us into the program. Great Job!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:55 pm

The way Fish talks about his players and the program reflects the values of master teachers. Per his comments, he's putting belief back into his players and is challenging them in different ways. After listening to the podcast, and thanks Colter for your work, it is absolutely refreshing to feel that whether we win or lose this year, our team is in good hands. Fish got me fired up! He's the coach that will love his guys and challenge them- sounds like he has visions for them that they can't even see themselves. I'm excited. :-)

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie