Big game Bigby

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big game Bigby

Post by mslacat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:42 am

In my opinion I think Bigby-Williams has moved on from the Bobcat. He is getting mare and more attention from High Majors basketball teams that it is probably something he feels he needs to pursue. If Gillette makes it into the NJCAA national tournament, which the are favored to do due you could see his recruiting take another major leap forward. As far as does SDSU have a chance I have no idea, but Bigby Williams is now being recruited nationally and SDSU does OK Nationally.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm still hoping for a change of heart from Kavell. I was thinking last night, if he comes to visit, we still have a chance. :) Today, I see he had his interest lowered from medium to low in regards to MSU. A bit sobering, but it still seems to me that the door is open a crack? I mean, why ask to have it lowered, and not just eliminate us from the picture? I think there is a little bit of hope in the fact that if he came here, he would be treated royally by the staff and the fans,.... And, there is always a chance to make it to the big time, even from a Big Sky team. I wish him the best, and I hope that is him coming here.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:21 pm

msu_agfan wrote:I'm still hoping for a change of heart from Kavell. I was thinking last night, if he comes to visit, we still have a chance. :) Today, I see he had his interest lowered from medium to low in regards to MSU. A bit sobering, but it still seems to me that the door is open a crack? I mean, why ask to have it lowered, and not just eliminate us from the picture? I think there is a little bit of hope in the fact that if he came here, he would be treated royally by the staff and the fans,.... And, there is always a chance to make it to the big time, even from a Big Sky team. I wish him the best, and I hope that is him coming here.
So you're telling me there's a chance...

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:40 pm

John K wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:I'm still hoping for a change of heart from Kavell. I was thinking last night, if he comes to visit, we still have a chance. :) Today, I see he had his interest lowered from medium to low in regards to MSU. A bit sobering, but it still seems to me that the door is open a crack? I mean, why ask to have it lowered, and not just eliminate us from the picture? I think there is a little bit of hope in the fact that if he came here, he would be treated royally by the staff and the fans,.... And, there is always a chance to make it to the big time, even from a Big Sky team. I wish him the best, and I hope that is him coming here.
So you're telling me there's a chance...

:lol: Ha, unlike others on this site, I don't have a clue about these things. There's always a chance though right?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Talked to Kavell yesterday.

Coveted JC big man says Montana State, Big Sky not in future plans
http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-stat ... c-big-man/

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Talked to Kavell yesterday.

@#!%

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Talked to Kavell yesterday.

ouch. I'm pretty sure we never really wanted him either. :kicksrock: It goes to show, you never really know what's in a person's mind until you know.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:12 pm

I have no issues with this kid trying to play in a bigger conference. more power to him. what I didn't appreciate was his comments about how he only committed here because we were his only offer, that he didn't like Bozeman, and that he never planned on joining the team at montana state. that doesn't come across well for me. it also seems weird he'd go public with comments like these right now when he's right in the mix of being pretty heavily recruited. I wish him all the best but could have done without those comments.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't realize that his text was going to be published (although he should have known otherwise). Agreed that he sounds pretty douchey in the tone of his texts.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:21 pm

SonomaCat wrote:I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't realize that his text was going to be published (although he should have known otherwise). Agreed that he sounds pretty douchey in the tone of his texts.
Maybe give the professional journalist the benefit of the doubt? I told him I would write a story quoting his messages and he said that was fine.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
SonomaCat wrote:I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't realize that his text was going to be published (although he should have known otherwise). Agreed that he sounds pretty douchey in the tone of his texts.
Maybe give the professional journalist the benefit of the doubt? I told him I would write a story quoting his messages and he said that was fine.
I wasn't doubting your professionalism at all (although I totally see how you would read it otherwise looking back at what I wrote -- bad writing on my part) -- just hoping for his sake that he was kind of clueless regardless. Seems like a very PR-unwise thing to put out in the universe on his part, but maybe it was strategic and he thinks that pretending that he's too good for the only girl that liked him in the first place in hopes of landing the prom queen is his best move ... despite everything we've learned from every 80s and 90s teen movie. :no:

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Not to be glib on this point but if that is truly the way he feels we don't want him. Jared Allen comes to mind. He was obviously a great player for Idaho State but has nothing positive to say about his time there. I would rather take a pass in a situation like that even if the player could help in the short run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:23 pm

imacat wrote:Not to be glib on this point but if that is truly the way he feels we don't want him. Jared Allen comes to mind. He was obviously a great player for Idaho State but has nothing positive to say about his time there. I would rather take a pass in a situation like that even if the player could help in the short run.

Well Allen did donate $200,000 for a new weight room at ISU in 2010.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:46 am

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:03 pm

Well Allen did donate $200,000 for a new weight room at ISU in 2010.[/quote]

I did not know that. Good to hear.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:13 pm

3/4 of our coaching staff were employees of the Oregon's men's basketball team a little under 2 years. Proably did not hurt. If your not going here how about over at Oregon!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Pecos24 wrote:http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... b6826edee9

He'd be a monster under Altman.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am

Wow, to think he was going to be a Bobcat.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:42 am

CelticCat wrote:Wow, to think he was going to be a Bobcat.
Bigby and Hall could have been a pretty deadly inside-outside duo for the next couple of years. As they say, if something seems too good to be true...

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:08 pm

4-star forward Kavell Bigby-Williams set to visit Oregon this weekend

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2016/4/8 ... is-weekend
The Ducks are coming off their first Elite Eight appearance since 2007, so expectations for next year's team will be sky high. Things are shaping out nicely, as many of Oregon's key players will be back next season as the Ducks are only losing Elgin Cook and Dwayne Benjamin. The rest, like Dillon Brooks, Jordan Bell and Chris Boucher, should all be back.

The Ducks could add another big man to join Chris Boucher in the paint. This weekend, 4-star power forward Kavell Bigby-Williams is set to visit Oregon. Bigby-Williams has already named Oregon his frontrunner and is ranked as the No. 1 power forward in the nation.

This year, Bigby-Williams averaged 16.8 points, 13.6 rebounds and 5.8 blocks per game at Gillette College in Wyoming. We have clearly seen the success Dana Altman has with transfers, including Chris Boucher, which has to be something that is appealing to Bigby-Williams.

As for the timetable? Bigby-Williams said it's all about when it feels right and comfortable, but that he's hoping to make a decision soon.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride