Big game Bigby

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big game Bigby

Post by wbtfg » Tue May 19, 2015 12:48 pm

He had to look up to see your hat? Are you a goddamn giant?

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue May 19, 2015 1:15 pm

wbtfg wrote:He had to look up to see your hat? Are you a goddamn giant?
He was looking down at a girls butt in front of him, so "Looking up" was more of a saying.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Wed May 20, 2015 11:38 pm

:)

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Just a little summer time update on Bigby-Williams

One thing that just may have helped the Bobcats in their efforts to re-sign Kavell Bigby-Williams is the fact that he chose not to stay in the States and participate in dozen or so JC summer recruiting events, instead he went back to Europe and played for the British Nation under 20 team in the European championship. Bigby Williams was the star for the Great Britain team averaging a double double through out the tourney. On the down side GB finished 15th out of 20 team to compete. Still the tournament kept him out of the national recruiters eyes over the summer. As I have said before if the Bobcats hope to sign him look for him to sign this November during the early period before the JC season really gets into full swing. If he waits that tells you he is looking for the biggest offer he can and will wait until more schools have a proper chance to evaluate him during Gillette's basketball season. If he is comfortable signing with the Bobcats he really is not going to gain much by waiting until next spring to sign so why not do it?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:04 am

The University of Miami has started to show more interest in Kavell but still no offer yet.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Bigby gets more interest from mid to high majors and I am told the Bobcats are not in his future plans, period.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:00 pm

mslacat wrote:Bigby gets more interest from mid to high majors and I am told the Bobcats are not in his future plans, period.
I was told Shaka Smart came to watch him a few weeks ago...

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:40 am

mslacat wrote:Bigby gets more interest from mid to high majors and I am told the Bobcats are not in his future plans, period.
I was smart to divorce my interest of him last year. I knew this wouldn't ever come true.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Well. that sucks.

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Haven't talked to Fish this week but as of last week Bigby was still saying he was going to honor his commitment and would be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks???

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 am

desmond1957 wrote:
Haven't talked to Fish this week but as of last week Bigby was still saying he was going to honor his commitment and would be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks???
Trying not to sound too obnoxious but, my direct sources was better than Fish

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 am

mslacat wrote:
desmond1957 wrote:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:02 am

VimSince03 wrote:
mslacat wrote:
desmond1957 wrote:
:lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am

mslacat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacat wrote:
desmond1957 wrote:
:lol:
Just some light-hearted fun. But it would make sense if Bigby doesn't end up at MSU.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:51 am

Lets be honest if we were in the same position and all of a sudden PAC-12 and SEC schools are offering I would say 70-90% would jump on it! No hard feeling for the kid at all and I wish him best.

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:35 pm

I agree. I wish him the best. But it still sucks.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Saw he was just named national juco player of the week for the 2nd time I believe.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:55 pm

I wish I knew the story of why the Bobcat's did not sign him this fall. At one point on Twitter that it looked like Devin Kirby was the Bobcats top big man choice for the fall signing period. When I tweeted it I meant top high school prospect but that 140 character thing always has you thinking keep it short. Well that upset Bigby-Williams as he thought the Bobcats were not interested in him anymore! I know this because I got scolded by 2 people who work in the Field house contacted me, including a phone call from Fish. I am not suppose to say/Tweet who in my opinion, I think is a top Bobcat prospect anymore. I heard from another recruiting source who knows the Wyoming JC scene very well that Bigby was ready to sign/commit last October. I said this earlier that if we did not sign him last Fall we would have a chance at him this spring. He is right now better than even in my wildest dreams expected him to be. 18pts a game leading the NJCAA in rebounding, block shots and double doubles, not to mention 6-10 and athletic as hell.

I think I am going to go to my room and pout!

BTW Folks I have/get no inside info what so ever from Fish or anyone else in the Basketball program. They keep me out of the loop. What I get in info is from sources outside of the field-house % 95% out of Bozeman.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:39 am

mslacat wrote:I wish I knew the story of why the Bobcat's did not sign him this fall. At one point on Twitter that it looked like Devin Kirby was the Bobcats top big man choice for the fall signing period. When I tweeted it I meant top high school prospect but that 140 character thing always has you thinking keep it short. Well that upset Bigby-Williams as he thought the Bobcats were not interested in him anymore! I know this because I got scolded by 2 people who work in the Field house contacted me, including a phone call from Fish. I am not suppose to say/Tweet who in my opinion, I think is a top Bobcat prospect anymore. I heard from another recruiting source who knows the Wyoming JC scene very well that Bigby was ready to sign/commit last October. I said this earlier that if we did not sign him last Fall we would have a chance at him this spring. He is right now better than even in my wildest dreams expected him to be. 18pts a game leading the NJCAA in rebounding, block shots and double doubles, not to mention 6-10 and athletic as hell.

I think I am going to go to my room and pout!

BTW Folks I have/get no inside info what so ever from Fish or anyone else in the Basketball program. They keep me out of the loop. What I get in info is from sources outside of the field-house % 95% out of Bozeman.
Eesh. That's unfortunate. Seems kind of petty to banish you like that, in a sense.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

sandiegocat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sandiegocat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:12 am

I don't follow basketball recruiting to hard but know many are interested in if there is still a chance for Bigby to honor the commitment to the Cats. Here is an article that appeared in the San Diego Union Tribune about the San Diego State Aztecs pursuing him the past few weeks. (http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... ecruiting/) Before people jump on and try to claim MSU would be a better landing spot then SDSU I'll tell you that Fish and the Cats will have a very difficult time fending off SDSU. I've adopted the Aztecs as my defunct second team, and honestly with how bad Bobcat basketball had become before Fish they were the college program I followed. The Aztecs are probably the third best program in the West. They have a 12,000 seat arena that absolutely rocks. One of the best places I've ever watched a game.(Maybe with the exception of the Brick in the late 80s and early 90s for Cat-Griz.) They also just built a basketball only practice facility that each player has a card to for all hours practice with pre-set music for each when they come in. Finally, they have a coaching staff that is known for coaching up guys like Bigby (see Kawhi Leonard). Steve Fisher is one of the best in the business. Bottom line, SDSU will prove a real challenge to the Cats getting Bigby to sign. If he would honor his commitment it would appear to be a huge get for Fish and the program.

(On a side note for college basketball fans, SDSU has one of the craziest stats ever in college basketball. Last night they won there 164th consecutive game when leading with 5 minutes left in a game.)

Go Cats!
MSU '94