Big game Bigby

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big game Bigby

Post by PapaG » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Bigby-Williams commits to Oregon after weekend visit. Imagine had he been able to get into MSU. Big Sky MVP type player.
Kavell Bigby ‎@Kavell6ft10
Been a lot of hard work and a tough decision but doing my research on every school I feel Oregon is the best fit
10:34 AM - 10 Apr 2016
75 75 Retweets 167 167 likes

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Man this is frustrating not getting Kavel. The radio guys here in Eugene are gushing over his film. He's going to be good here. Shame it didn't work out in Bozeman.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed May 25, 2016 10:18 pm

CatBlitz wrote:Man this is frustrating not getting Kavel. The radio guys here in Eugene are gushing over his film. He's going to be good here. Shame it didn't work out in Bozeman.
I've heard from two Pac 12 coaches who think he's a first-round pick already. Crazy he almost came to Montana State.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed May 25, 2016 11:22 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:Man this is frustrating not getting Kavel. The radio guys here in Eugene are gushing over his film. He's going to be good here. Shame it didn't work out in Bozeman.
I've heard from two Pac 12 coaches who think he's a first-round pick already. Crazy he almost came to Montana State.
Agreed.
Same goes with Lillard and Ali Farokhmanesh. Both almost came here if I recall correctly.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 pm

I think you guys dodged a bullet....https://www.dailyemerald.com/2017/06/21 ... l-assault/

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Yikes - crazy to think that could have been under investigation for the whole year and Oregon's AD and coaching staff somehow weren't informed.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:27 am

MSU01 wrote:Yikes - crazy to think that could have been under investigation for the whole year and Oregon's AD and coaching staff somehow weren't informed.
I don't buy that line from the athletic department whatsoever. They knew that the police department was looking for his contact information. What did they think the police were going to do with it? Ask him for an autograph? This stinks of the coach wanting plausible deniability and it just doesn't work. Sounds kind of like Rick Pitino saying he didn't know that an assistant coach was buying recruits hookers and strippers but I don't buy that for a second either.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:59 am

This could be bad for Altman. Would be the 2nd such incident in 3 years.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 am

MSU01 wrote:Yikes - crazy to think that could have been under investigation for the whole year and Oregon's AD and coaching staff somehow weren't informed.
I said this on twitter, I find the release of this information pretty suspect. The investigation has been going on since last September and yet it only hit the press the day after it is announced that he is leaving the program. WE the Oregon based reporters sitting on this, or did someone only wispier in their ear now that he is no longer with the program. Everything stayed quite through the season but now that it is June we will let it slip. As mentioned before a similar incident happened 2-3 years back under Altman, but again nothing hit papers until June then also after the season was well in the rear view mirror.