COACHING CONTRACTS PART 1: Brad Huse

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

COACHING CONTRACTS PART 1: Brad Huse

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Editor’s Note: This is the first in a four-part series breaking down the contracts for the coaches of the revenue sports at Montana State University. The first installment addresses the recently terminated contract of former men’s basketball head coach Brad Huse.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: COACHING CONTRACTS PART 1: Brad Huse

Post by Bobcat Jim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Darn it Colter, I was just getting over the fact that Fields bought out Huse by agreeing to pay him his 2015 salary even though Huse (retired). Now I have to get all over it again. Interesting article though and looking forward to the rest of the series.

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: COACHING CONTRACTS PART 1: Brad Huse

Post by DicTater » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:12 am

I think that it is pretty clear that Huse was fired and given the option to resign and keep his salary. But, one way or the other he was going. It is just too bad that the administration wasted the money by giving him any extension, much less a 2 year extension when it was obvious to anyone paying attention that his teams were never going to improve. As can be seen by the quality of the names and the quantity of the numbers applying for the vacancy that, 1. MSU isn't a basketball wasteland, and 2. There are only so many Div. 1 head coaching jobs available, so any opening is desirable for a lot of talented assistants looking for a chance.

It is a shame that MSU wasted 8 years killing the program with a guy who turned out to be the Earle Solomonson of basketball.(Successful in No. Dak., in Big Sky, not so much)