Cats picked 5/6 in Media/Coaches' polls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Cats picked 5/6 in Media/Coaches' polls

Post by coachouert » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:19 am

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/10/ ... 35834.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Media Preseason Poll

Team First-Place Votes Total Points
1. Weber State 31 370
2. Montana 3 322
3. North Dakota 308
4. Northern Colorado 251
5. Montana State 220
6. Eastern Washington 188
7. Northern Arizona 161
8. Sacramento State 140
9. Portland State 116
10. Southern Utah 92
11. Idaho State 65

Coaches' Preseason Poll

Team First-Place Votes Total Points
1. Weber State 10 100
2. North Dakota 86
3. Montana 1 84
4. Northern Colorado 77
5. Eastern Washington 55
6. Montana State 54
7. Sacramento State 39
8. Portland State 38
9. Northern Arizona 32
10. Idaho State 22
11. Southern Utah 18

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Cats picked 5/6 in Media/Coaches' polls

Post by Cats15 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Middle of the pack to start the season. Should be down by the bottom by the end of the season. Sound about right...

Man, sorry for the negativity. I wish I could get excited for basketball, I really do!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:00 pm

right in the middle is not too bad. i'd love to see these guys get rolling this year and creep up with the elite in this conference. und looks like they are going to be tough this year which I guess I didn't know.

TrueCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by TrueCat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:20 pm

[quote="Cats15"]Middle of the pack to start the season. Should be down by the bottom by the end of the season. Sound about right...

Man, sorry for the negativity. I wish I could get excited for basketball, I really do!!![/quote]

:roll:

dwainegf
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by dwainegf » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:41 am

Sometimes not commenting at all serves you best.
I understand why people are skeptical about the basketball program. I do not understand why some people find it necessary to drag everyone in the area down with them. The whole "I am miserable therefor I want everyone to be miserable." attitude is really unwanted and not required.

I think the Cats will surprise a bunch of folks this year. I am looking forward to seeing how they play.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:57 am

dwainegf wrote:Sometimes not commenting at all serves you best.
I understand why people are skeptical about the basketball program. I do not understand why some people find it necessary to drag everyone in the area down with them. The whole "I am miserable therefor I want everyone to be miserable." attitude is really unwanted and not required.

I think the Cats will surprise a bunch of folks this year. I am looking forward to seeing how they play.
then we could all sing Kumbaya. What you are saying is if you don't have anything good to say then keep quiet. Of course you do this by posting a negative type of comment. So let me get this straight, if you don't like the way the basketball program is going STFU, but if you don't like the people that post the bad comments it is okay to bash on them. Did I get that right?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 am

Then how about we at least give the student athletes on the team a little support and respect for busting their rears on a Div I basketball team? And at least give THEM an opportunity before burning the house down. ](*,)

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am

KittieKop wrote:Then how about we at least give the student athletes on the team a little support and respect for busting their rears on a Div I basketball team? And at least give THEM an opportunity before burning the house down. ](*,)
Ok, let me know who is bashing the athletes and I'll start making really ugly faces at them. (That is really fairly easy for me to do).

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:49 am

call me an idiot but I am once again excited for bobcat basketball. my son attended their camp again this summer which he had a blast in and he loves the players. huse does a great job in those regards. and while i'll be as vocal as any throughout the season if things go in the pisser...it's a new year and you never know what might be in store. this team might just surprise some people. that's my hope anyway.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:51 pm

ilovethecats wrote:call me an idiot but I am once again excited for bobcat basketball. my son attended their camp again this summer which he had a blast in and he loves the players. huse does a great job in those regards. and while i'll be as vocal as any throughout the season if things go in the pisser...it's a new year and you never know what might be in store. this team might just surprise some people. that's my hope anyway.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast