Huse gets second commit for 2014

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Huse gets second commit for 2014

Post by mslacat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:27 am

Ghassan Nehme a 6-3 combo guard from from Cheyenne Mountain HS in Colorado Springs Co. has committed to play for the Bobcats. He will sign during the early signing period this November and put on the blue and gold next fall. Additionally, 6-6 Albert Almanza of St. Stephen's Episcopal HS in Austin TX (16pts 5rb) is on a official visit to Montana State. Bobcats stand an excellent chance landing him also. I will have more later.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Huse gets second commit for 2014

Post by CelticCat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Sounds like a good get.

I am feeling optimistic today for some reason. Welcome to the family Gus!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Sounds like Huse and his new staff are gettin' it done. According to Mslacat's Twitter feed we actually beat out a few D-1 schools for this kid.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Sounds like Huse and his new staff are gettin' it done. According to Mslacat's Twitter feed we actually beat out a few D-1 schools for this kid.
I certainly hope we are signing players someone else in D-1 wants!

rtb

Post by rtb » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:10 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Sounds like Huse and his new staff are gettin' it done. According to Mslacat's Twitter feed we actually beat out a few D-1 schools for this kid.
Who else would we be competing against for recruits? I would hope we have our sights set on our own division, but maybe not. :shrug:

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Gidal Kaiser
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Gidal Kaiser » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:29 pm

More on Ghassan Nehme committing to MSU http://bobcatblog.bozemandailychronicle.com/?p=11932 &http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... 963f4.html … Sounds like a good kid, and his coach was very plain in what Nehme needs to work on between now and next year. J'on St. Clair said Nehme has to work on his defense, if only because MSU wants him to become a combo guard

Info for preps, MSU men's basketball & MSU Olympic sports shows up here first: http://twitter.com/gidal_kaiser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blue & Gold Blog: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

For those who asked: Ghassan Nehme took official visits to Montana State, Idaho State, U. of Portland and Santa Barbara all of who had offered him. Additionally he held offers from Northeastern, Wyoming and Northern Colorado. Additionally it it is reported that at least 6 other schools were showing a lot of interest. The most interesting thing was that Wyoming did not get a official visit from him (although he took an unofficial trip there over the summer.). They were considered a favorite early and were recruiting him pretty hard. He also has an uncle (Bill Garnett) who played for them. In the end his final two were Idaho State and Montana State, I was told proximity to Colorado Springs helped but also he liked the coaches at MSU and ISU.

Here is a quote from Rivals.com
"Nehme said he enjoys the beauty of the Montana State campus and surrounding area of Bozeman. He also likes the Bobcats' style of play."
What I like most about Nehme, though, is he has a reputation as a tough hard working kid, and this is what kids need to be to excel in Huse's system. These thin skinned Southern California recruits just do not survive in Bozeman for many reasons.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Agreed on your last comment. I keep expecting huse to sign more hard nosed carlos taylor, mecklin davis type players that really thrive under huses system.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:11 pm

wbtfg wrote:Agreed on your last comment. I keep expecting huse to sign more hard nosed carlos taylor, mecklin davis type players that really thrive under huses system.
Wow. Irony anyone?

Mecklen Davis #24
2007-2008 Senior
Position: Guard
Height: 6-2
Weight: 195 lbs
Home: Atascadero, CA

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:49 am

Update On Gus Nehme

Yesterday (Saturday) Gus was played in a preseason Colorado All-Star that featured the top 20 boy's basketball players (Nehme is rate 3 or 4 depending on who you ask) in the state. Nehme scored 35 points on his way to being named named MOP (I am assuming Most Outstanding Player) of the game.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:22 pm

This guy could be a stud for the Bobcats

Link:

http://d1nation.com/2013/10/18/rocky-mo ... ame-recap/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rocky Mountain Fall Showcase: Top 20 Game Recap

(Game MVP Ghassan Nehme)The Top 20 Game featured the cream of Colorado basketball. No less than 8 players are already committed to Division One schools participated. They were:

2014 Dylan Clark Colorado Springs/Sand Creek Air Force

2014 Dominique Collier Denver, CO/East Colorado

2014 Ghassan Nehme Colorado Springs/CO/Cheyenne Mountain Montana State

2014 Ibrahim Sylla Denver , CO/South Northern Colorado

2014 Jeremiah Paige Highlands Ranch, CO/Rangeview Colorado State

(At right:) 2014 Ronnie Harrell Denver,CO/East Creighton

2014 Zach Braxton Highlands Ranch, CO Weber State

In addition Colorado’s top player in 2015, Brian Carey is here and 2016 Deron Davis a Top 10 National prospect are in the mix as well

TOP PERFORMER RECAP

The clear MVP of the game (unanimous amongst us scouts) was 2014 Ghassan Nehme (Colorado Springs,CO/Cheyenne Mountain. He’s committed to Montana State and wow, they’ve snagged a good one. He shot the ball extremely well, defended hard and just really knows how to play. He has a great feel for the game. Chalk one up for the Bobcats who are in the Big Sky Conference.

(At left): 2014 G 6’3″ Dominique Collier (Denver, CO/East) is committed to Coach Tad Boyle and the Colorado Buffs of the Pac 12. He was without a doubt the smoothest and most talented player in the house. He took a lot of shots and didn’t hit a high percentage of them on this day but the Colorado Gatorade Player of the Year is a jet with the ball. He’s almost John Wall-like. He’s long and has the capability of being a great defender at the next level.

2014 Ronnie Harrell (Denver, CO/East) has committed to Creighton. I texted the Creighton staff after I saw him. Loved him! A long, athletic shooter with deep range. At 6’7″ he’s going to get his looks anytime he wants at the next level, but especially so off the catch and shoot.