Sid & Frosty's Girls Excellence Camp

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

baller_23
New Recruit

Sid & Frosty's Girls Excellence Camp

Post by baller_23 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:16 am

Hello Cat fans!

This is Scotta Morton, and I am a former basketball player for MSU. I am now in my third year as a doctoral student in sports psychology at the University of Missouri and currently consult for the women's gymnastics, volleyball, and basketball teams within the Athletic Department. I am also a speaker/presenter for the Missouri Institute for Posiitve Coaching. In fact, our Institute is hosting a national positive coaching workshop later this June. I am returning home the end of July to host our 4th Annual Sid & Frosty's Girls Camp August 5th-8th at ASMSU Recreational Sports & Fitness.

We are opening this year's camp to ALL girls in sport. This is our EXCELLENCE EDITION! We are welcoming all girls from all performance arenas: swimming, basketball, softball/baseball, soccer, track, volleyball, dance, etc. By fostering a strong sense of community and building important personal resources for success (mental skills for optimal performance, goal setting for goal attaining, positive character construction, intrinsic motivation development, etc.), we assist athletes in realizing their potential and achieving PERSONAL EXCELLENCE!

This camp is not just applicable for young athletes, but for varsity athletes as well! I will be teaching the same mental skills for optimal performance that I teach to the college-athletes here at Mizzou. Wrong thoughts hurt performance. Right thoughts help performance. We coach athletes in building the skills of positive self-talk, concentration, confidence, and composure. In the heat of the moment, when the game is on the line, they will have developed the skills to help them CHOOSE to "THINK RIGHT" and deliver their best! We also plan to incorporate exercises designed to improve their well-being. We believe strong individuals are a pre-requisite for strong performers!

Our lessons are a great supplemant to what is currently being taught in sport specific camps. We are not looking to make profit, but instead, make a positive impact on as many young athletes as possible! Do you have a daughter, sister, niece, or girl ninja in your life? Please consider signing her up for S&F camp August 5th-8th.

Brochure and registration materials can be downloaded at http://www.montana.edu/getfit/Docs/Summ ... 202013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your time! GO CATS!

Thanks for your time! Please let me know if you have any questions.