Josh Huestis update

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Josh Huestis update

Post by mslacat » Tue May 19, 2009 11:42 am

I have posted an update on CMR's Josh Huestis on my blog this morning. Josh is the prime target for both Huse and Tinkle next year. Josh could be a big time player for either Big Sky program on the offencive and defencive end.

He is starting to get a lot more regional D-1 interest.

http://mslacat.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Josh Huestis update

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed May 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Didn't the moderators get after Pete for posting threads on here that just directed people to his website. Kind of like your posts lately?

*billings_griz runs for cover...*

FWIW, I do enjoy your blogs, just "flingin'" sh!t at ya. :wink:

c.falls cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by c.falls cat » Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 pm

mslacat wrote:I have posted an update on CMR's Josh Huestis on my blog this morning. Josh is the prime target for both Huse and Tinkle next year. Josh could be a big time player for either Big Sky program on the offencive and defencive end.

hey what are your thoughts on our chances of landing this kid. It might be a little early, but even your gut feeling would be helpful. thanks (i really dig the blog, keep up the good work)

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed May 20, 2009 2:04 pm

mslacat is welcome and encouraged to post anything he wants as often as he wants.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed May 20, 2009 2:06 pm

c.falls cat wrote:
mslacat wrote:I have posted an update on CMR's Josh Huestis on my blog this morning. Josh is the prime target for both Huse and Tinkle next year. Josh could be a big time player for either Big Sky program on the offencive and defencive end.

hey what are your thoughts on our chances of landing this kid. It might be a little early, but even your gut feeling would be helpful. thanks (i really dig the blog, keep up the good work)
I hear are coaches are "in deep" with Huestis. Now the term "in deep" is a recruiting catch phase that means they are very involved, but all of that said I do not know how many other Programs is "In Deep" with Huestis. I believe the Bobcats were the first d-1 program to offer Huestis, but I bet that the Griz were not that far behind. I know Huestis took several unofficial visits to MSU last year. One for football home coming and at least two to basketball games (I saw him at the Nevada Game). I hear that his mother is a MSU graduate (which is why they were down for last year’s home coming), and that Huestis is interested studying engineering in college. Josh also attended the Bobcat basketball camp last summer and was named MVP or outstanding camper along with Tyler Miller. Those are the entire thing that may work in Montana States favor, but with out knowing what is up with the other out of state programs it is hard to say.

From the Griz side I believe he also took at least two visits to Missoula one for football, that I know and I hear he may have taken in at least one basketball game. They have also offered him, and I believe are pushing the engineering though one of their satellite campuses.

As to the post by Billings Griz:
I have talked to the Mods and told them if they have ANY problem with me posting here, let me know and I will stop. That offer is still available. The Mods know how to contact me.

I only post hear when I think I have something that will interest Bobcat fans. The big problem that arises is do I cut and past info from my blog to a post hear, or do I summarize it on Bobcatnation. The option re-writing is not an option given what a terrible typist I am. My site is a non-commercial site. I do not make any money from it nor is really there to collect internet hits. It simply exists to share information in a form that I feel comfortable with.

If it is my signature that bothers you, I really could give a damn. If it bothers the Mods I do care and will listen to what they want. I have already cut back my posting here to deal with mainly just MSU Basketball recruiting, if enough people wish or the Mods do I will stop.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed May 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:mslacat is welcome and encouraged to post anything he wants as often as he wants.
Quoted for extra emphasis.

If anything, I demand that mslacat post MORE often and pimp his blog MORE. It's a great read and great resource for sports fans.

mslacat has provided us with his expansive knowledge and insights for years now, so he's the furthest thing from a spammer as one could find. Instead, he is perhaps the most informative poster on the board.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed May 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:mslacat is welcome and encouraged to post anything he wants as often as he wants.

If anything, I demand that mslacat post MORE often and pimp his blog MORE. It's a great read and great resource for sports fans.

mslacat has provided us with his expansive knowledge and insights for years now, so he's the furthest thing from a spammer as one could find. Instead, he is perhaps the most informative poster on the board.
:oops: :oops:

c.falls cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by c.falls cat » Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:

thanks BAC, the leeway he has been granted is much appreciated. =D^

Greg O
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Greg O » Sat May 23, 2009 1:30 am

The problem with pete is he was linking to other peoples stuff through his site just to get hits.....msla is linking to stuff he wrote so its all good.

Greg O
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Greg O » Sat May 23, 2009 1:33 am

p.s...... don't be surprised it Huestis ends up going outside of Montana for school. Last time I talked to him he was getting major interest from Ivy League schools. He is a very smart kid and a scholarship to Harvard or Yale is tough to turn down.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Greg O wrote:p.s...... don't be surprised it Huestis ends up going outside of Montana for school. Last time I talked to him he was getting major interest from Ivy League schools. He is a very smart kid and a scholarship to Harvard or Yale is tough to turn down.
Do Ivy League Schools give athletic scholarships now?

2024 Resume dominance

Greg O
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Greg O » Sat May 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Greg O wrote:p.s...... don't be surprised it Huestis ends up going outside of Montana for school. Last time I talked to him he was getting major interest from Ivy League schools. He is a very smart kid and a scholarship to Harvard or Yale is tough to turn down.
No - but he is smart enough to get an academic scholarship.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed May 27, 2009 7:38 am

Greg O wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
No - but he is smart enough to get an academic scholarship.

:lol: =D^ =D^ =D^

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Billings Cat » Wed May 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
I believe that the Ivy League schools do not give athletic or academic scholarships to students. Rather it is needs-based which I imagaine can be very good or a very bad depending on your family's financial situation. However, I suspect that being an athletic recruit can help with the admissions processs. A girl from Billings Senior is going to be playing basketball at one of the Ivy's this next year and this is what I heard from around the way.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 pm

In other words ... they don't give "athletic" scholarships ... but the chances of getting a [fill in the blank of what we want to call their discretionary scholarships from their bazillion dollar endowments] scholarship rise dramatically if you just so happen to be recruited for varsity athletics and don't happen to come from a family of old money blue bloods.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed May 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:In other words ... they don't give "athletic" scholarships ... but the chances of getting a [fill in the blank of what we want to call their discretionary scholarships from their bazillion dollar endowments] scholarship rise dramatically if you just so happen to be recruited for varsity athletics and don't happen to come from a family of old money blue bloods.
The Skulls are gonna be after you!!!! :lol:

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Billings Cat » Wed May 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:In other words ... they don't give "athletic" scholarships ... but the chances of getting a [fill in the blank of what we want to call their discretionary scholarships from their bazillion dollar endowments] scholarship rise dramatically if you just so happen to be recruited for varsity athletics and don't happen to come from a family of old money blue bloods.
From what I've heard, recruits do not receive any additional money for participating in athletics than they would if they applied as a student who isn't in athletics, but would be on a different track for gaining admission to the school. Besides the academics, that's one of the reasons that recruiting can be tricky for them. They can't simply offer a full-ride (no matter what bucket the money comes from) based on athletic ability, even if the student-athlete qualifies fully academically.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:36 pm

I just heard he got an offer from Oklahoma State. Lot of interest from some of the bigger schools

IYAACYAS

bballb
New Recruit

Post by bballb » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Info I got is Huestis headed to LA after Oklahoma--also heard OKS really showing interest in the MT boy :!: