Rumor: Huse gets another commit

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Rumor: Huse gets another commit

Post by mslacat » Mon May 11, 2009 11:35 am

I have heard that Montana State’s head coach Brad Huse has received a commitment from Bryan Louff of Marshalltown CC in Iowa. Bryan is a 6-1 point guard who will have three years of eligibility with the Bobcats. Huse has done a great job of picking up some really great walk-ons. I really think Colt Idol is good enough to be a Pete Conway type player, and Louff should help reight away with the lose of Hennessy.

http://mslacat.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rumor: Huse gets another commit

Post by gtapp » Mon May 11, 2009 12:17 pm

What are the odds that this will be Huse's last year if the team does not do well?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 pm

gtapp wrote:What are the odds that this will be Huse's last year if the team does not do well?
:shock:

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon May 11, 2009 12:34 pm

gtapp wrote:What are the odds that this will be Huse's last year if the team does not do well?

What ever odds you get I will take those. The only way he is gone is if he decides to leave or Fields leaves.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I'd guess about a million to one. Yea, they struggled a bit, but they beat the griz in fizzoula, thumped WSU at Ogden at the BSC tournament @ WSU, and lost the title game to PSU by 2 points. Mbunga is a tough loss, but the only senior. Looking at the team coming back and the recent recruits I see things looking very positive this next year.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Well gtapp it looks like you're in a betting mood so I suggest you check out this thread as GiW and I have a bet going on JD Quinn:
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi ... 16&t=18293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue May 12, 2009 11:09 am

TIrwin24 wrote:
Well gtapp it looks like you're in a betting mood so I suggest you check out this thread as GiW and I have a bet going on JD Quinn:
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi ... 16&t=18293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is the bet about how many DUI's he will get before the season starts? Put me down for 6.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue May 12, 2009 11:14 am

GOKATS wrote:
I'd guess about a million to one. Yea, they struggled a bit, but they beat the griz in fizzoula, thumped WSU at Ogden at the BSC tournament @ WSU, and lost the title game to PSU by 2 points. Mbunga is a tough loss, but the only senior. Looking at the team coming back and the recent recruits I see things looking very positive this next year.
At the end of last season (pre-tournament) this site had many posters speculating if Huse could survive another year like the 2008-09 season. Yes he won 2 tournament games but I still consider last year to be a bad year based on the expectations going into the year and the fact that it was his third year (impact year). I have no idea if Huse is a good coach or not but I thought if he had another 15+ loss season that it could be his last. Hopefully he will win 20 games so it will be a moot point anyway.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue May 12, 2009 2:20 pm

gtapp wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
At the end of last season (pre-tournament) this site had many posters speculating if Huse could survive another year like the 2008-09 season. Yes he won 2 tournament games but I still consider last year to be a bad year based on the expectations going into the year and the fact that it was his third year (impact year). I have no idea if Huse is a good coach or not but I thought if he had another 15+ loss season that it could be his last. Hopefully he will win 20 games so it will be a moot point anyway.
I get where you're coming from, and yes there will always be some posters calling for the head coaches head regardless of how the season goes. Coach Huse had a good comment in an article by Will Holden yesterday which is in the Blue & Gold Thread;
WH: You mention that your guys always believed in themselves, but how much do you think the final run helped them find out even more about themselves as a basketball team?

BH: Going into the season we knew it could take us a while. We had the second least experience in the league and were picked to finish near the bottom. We had a ton of unknowns and we knew that meant we had a potential for some interesting stretches and that’s kind of how it panned out. But as long as there was another game to be played, this group had hope. And they finished with a flurry. Now these guys expect that kind of success going into the offseason and next year and we are really going to have to work hard to deliver it. We have to become more consistent as a basketball team.
The link to the entire interview.........

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/bo ... og/?p=1132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Brad is a great guy and a great coach and things will be on the upswing this year and in years to come. Besides player development he had some assistant coaching issues to deal with (nothing big, just guys moving on for the most part) and I'm really glad to see Scott Carson back on board.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....