Cat-Griz playoff video highlight reel

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Will_Holden
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Cat-Griz playoff video highlight reel

Post by Will_Holden » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 am

I know this is a bit late coming out, but here's a look at the game for those of you not fortunate enough to be there: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/bobcat-blog/?p=960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://twitter.com/will_c_holden" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cat-Griz playoff video highlight reel

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22 am

Will,
Thanks for putting that together and posting it. Good stuff.

GO CATS

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27 am

Great job, Will. That was fun to watch.

*Btw, how in the hell was that not a foul on UM at the :21 second mark before the end of the game? He basically tackled our player.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:43 am

longhorn_22 wrote:Great job, Will. That was fun to watch.

*Btw, how in the hell was that not a foul on UM at the :21 second mark before the end of the game? He basically tackled our player.
I tried Big Sky TV and the video was good, but I had to give it up early because I couldn't stand to listen to Holien and the time diff between BSTV and radio was about 20 seconds so just listened to most of the game. Laskey and Lamberty both went ape (along with Huse according to radio play) on the lack of that call.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Will_Holden

Post by Will_Holden » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:50 am

GOKATS wrote:

I tried Big Sky TV and the video was good, but I had to give it up early because I couldn't stand to listen to Holien and the time diff between BSTV and radio was about 20 seconds so just listened to most of the game. Laskey and Lamberty both went ape (along with Huse according to radio play) on the lack of that call.
I can attest to Lamberty losing it: http://bozemandailychronicle.com/articl ... 20will.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And as far as the nice spear from Jack McGillis late in the game, they were letting that kind of stuff go. It was a really physical game late and I like that the officials let them play. However, the call that does stand out was Staudacher getting touched on the back going for an rebound and getting free throws out of the deal with 57 seconds left. It was the clip on the video of Huse losing his mind. I sympathize with him on that one. If you're going to let the guys beat each other up late, that's fine. But then don't call that tick tack foul either.

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Will_Holden wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

I can attest to Lamberty losing it: http://bozemandailychronicle.com/articl ... 20will.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And as far as the nice spear from Jack McGillis late in the game, they were letting that kind of stuff go. It was a really physical game late and I like that the officials let them play. However, the call that does stand out was Staudacher getting touched on the back going for an rebound and getting free throws out of the deal with 57 seconds left. It was the clip on the video of Huse losing his mind. I sympathize with him on that one. If you're going to let the guys beat each other up late, that's fine. But then don't call that tick tack foul either.
Good article Will, with the exception of one line. Near the end, you write that you are still not a Bobcat fan. I guess that pains me a little to know that someone who has covered Bobcat football so feverishly the past year does not feel any passion for the program. Your objectively is greatly appreciated from those of us who wear the Blue & Gold blinders, but I would have thought a little of that love would have rubbed off on you by now. We hope you continue your excellent reporting on all things Bobcat athletics, and we will continue working on changing the color scheme of your current apparel. :wink:

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Will_Holden wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

It did seem like the refs called a different game the last couple minutes. As you said, it was a very physical game and up until the end I thought the refs did a great job of letting the players play the game, but all of a sudden all the calls went in the griz direction. Oh well...............Cats won!!!

FTG!!

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:Will,
Thanks for putting that together and posting it. Good stuff.

GO CATS
I agree Will-that was sweet to watch! Thanks very much!

Will_Holden

Post by Will_Holden » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
Will_Holden wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote: Good article Will, with the exception of one line. Near the end, you write that you are still not a Bobcat fan. I guess that pains me a little to know that someone who has covered Bobcat football so feverishly the past year does not feel any passion for the program. Your objectively is greatly appreciated from those of us who wear the Blue & Gold blinders, but I would have thought a little of that love would have rubbed off on you by now. We hope you continue your excellent reporting on all things Bobcat athletics, and we will continue working on changing the color scheme of your current apparel. :wink:
This is what I'll say about still not being a Bobcat fan. To a certain extent I am. I'm a fan of the players, the coaches and the people who work with Montana State athletics. After reading my article myself in the paper today I thought I should have mentioned that. I love watching them succeed and root for it because I think they're all great human beings and I know how hard they work.

But as far as me cheering or showing up to a game or press conference wearing blue & gold, it's not going to happen. I'll continue to cover all aspects of Bobcat athletics to the best of my abilities and hope the Bobcat men and women do well between the lines and beyond them. But my best cheering is reserved for the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets and Puget Sound Loggers (who are a No. 1 seed in the D3 Sweet Sixteen baby! http://www.d3boards.com/playoffs/mbbbracket2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) :D

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Will_Holden wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
Will_Holden wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote: Good article Will, with the exception of one line. Near the end, you write that you are still not a Bobcat fan. I guess that pains me a little to know that someone who has covered Bobcat football so feverishly the past year does not feel any passion for the program. Your objectively is greatly appreciated from those of us who wear the Blue & Gold blinders, but I would have thought a little of that love would have rubbed off on you by now. We hope you continue your excellent reporting on all things Bobcat athletics, and we will continue working on changing the color scheme of your current apparel. :wink:
This is what I'll say about still not being a Bobcat fan. To a certain extent I am. I'm a fan of the players, the coaches and the people who work with Montana State athletics. After reading my article myself in the paper today I thought I should have mentioned that. I love watching them succeed and root for it because I think they're all great human beings and I know how hard they work.

But as far as me cheering or showing up to a game or press conference wearing blue & gold, it's not going to happen. I'll continue to cover all aspects of Bobcat athletics to the best of my abilities and hope the Bobcat men and women do well between the lines and beyond them. But my best cheering is reserved for the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets and Puget Sound Loggers (who are a No. 1 seed in the D3 Sweet Sixteen baby! http://www.d3boards.com/playoffs/mbbbracket2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) :D
Broncos........... :yuck:

Sorry Will, you just lost a reader......................... :wink:

Raiders fan :yes: :thumbup:

FTG!!

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:40 pm

like raiders fans can read :wink:

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Nice. Thank, Will.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:12 pm

catamaran wrote:like raiders fans can read :wink:
be vewy, vewy, caweful....................,

there are three of us here, one with the power to ban your ass....................... :) :yes:

FTG!!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:24 pm

GOKATS wrote:

there are three of us here, one with the power to ban your ass....................... :) :yes:
Damn straight! Us Raiders fans can read good and do other stuff good too. :wink:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 pm

So are you a griz fan, then? I might have missed it but I never gathered where you are from or what your affiliations are.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:So are you a griz fan, then? I might have missed it but I never gathered where you are from or what your affiliations are.
Are you asking Will? He says in a couple posts above...
But my best cheering is reserved for the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets and Puget Sound Loggers (who are a No. 1 seed in the D3 Sweet Sixteen baby! http://www.d3boards.com/playoffs/mbbbracket2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm

coachouert wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:So are you a griz fan, then? I might have missed it but I never gathered where you are from or what your affiliations are.
But my best cheering is reserved for the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets and Puget Sound Loggers (who are a No. 1 seed in the D3 Sweet Sixteen baby! http://www.d3boards.com/playoffs/mbbbracket2009.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Could be wrong, but seems like when Will first came here he also mentioned being a Buffs fan which would tie in with the rest.

FTG!!

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:49 pm

coachouert wrote:
I saw that but other than UPS, I don't really see how that could deter him from being a Cat fan. Just curious.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 pm

coachouert wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Damn straight! Us Raiders fans can read good and do other stuff good too. :wink:

another raider fan?

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Will_Holden

Post by Will_Holden » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
coachouert wrote:
I saw that but other than UPS, I don't really see how that could deter him from being a Cat fan. Just curious.
Well it just so happens that I was accused of being a Griz fan the other day. A few people saw me working out at the Ridge in a maroon shirt. I was one of old baseball shirts (my UPS Loggers also wear the dreaded maroon - it is an ugly color). I've learned my lesson. No more dark pink in public :wink:

My dad played basketball for the Bobcats his freshman year (I believe 1972). He graduated from MSU and grew up in Helena. So rest assured, my roots are on this side of Homestake.