TV or Not to TV...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SenorWeezer
BobcatNation Team Captain

TV or Not to TV...

Post by SenorWeezer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Why is the CAT-fizzle game not going to be televised this weekend? I am interested to hear your thoughts... is it because of the economy and the broadcasters couldn't find enough ad money OR is it because both teams aren't that talented and interesting to watch.

(p.s. can't wait for the first fizz fan to jump on the Bobcat Athletics board and answer this question by telling us all how great their team is and the grass is always greener and and and... go to the Smack board for any of that...)

"I was Bobcat before Bobcat was cool."

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Re: TV or Not to TV...

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 pm

My hunch is because of the effort involved in planning the production. It's difficult (and costly) to throw a televised event together in one week. Couple that with the challenge of selling air-time in that same 5 day span for a game that won't exactly set any Nielson viewing ratings, and I think you've got your answer.

And isn't this pretty much smack itself:
(p.s. can't wait for the first fizz fan to jump on the Bobcat Athletics board and answer this question by telling us all how great their team is and the grass is always greener and and and... go to the Smack board for any of that...)

Just sayin.....

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm

SenorWeezer wrote:Why is the CAT-fizzle game not going to be televised this weekend? I am interested to hear your thoughts... is it because of the economy and the broadcasters couldn't find enough ad money OR is it because both teams aren't that talented and interesting to watch.

No big loss, it would have been kpax (or cw) out of fizzoula anyway which has mediocre 70's vintage tv quality. The game will be on BSTV which is always a gamble, but maybe better than nothing. I watched the earlier Cat/griz game in fizzoula on BSTV and it wasn't all that bad.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Wonder why MAX MEDIA doesn't step up to the plate when has a chance?

But,thank gawd we don't have to watch a Big Sky game thats produced by who ever it is in charge of the MSU feed :oops:
The feed from U of M has been pretty decent all year. :?

just sayin'

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am

catatonic1 wrote:Wonder why MAX MEDIA doesn't step up to the plate when has a chance?

But,thank gawd we don't have to watch a Big Sky game thats produced by who ever it is in charge of the MSU feed :oops:
The feed from U of M has been pretty decent all year. :?

just sayin'
\
Except that you get Holien !

2024 Resume dominance

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:49 am

maybe so, but not only do you get a picture, you get sound too!
Neither of which has ever happened at the same time, on a the feed from MSU's film and TV school? [-X

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:30 am

catatonic1 wrote:maybe so, but not only do you get a picture, you get sound too!
Neither of which has ever happened at the same time, on a the feed from MSU's film and TV school? [-X
Maybe so, but at least no one has to listen to Holien. I don't even like him and he roots (announces) for my school. He would ruin whatever feed you get. He's the opposite of feed.

Go Dark Brandon!!