MBB: Last Home Game/Senior Night/Roll Call

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB: Last Home Game/Senior Night/Roll Call

Post by longhorn_22 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:20 am

Huse should at least get one more year, but if things do not start looking up after next year, I think some changes might have to be made.

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:39 am

Went to the game last night - here's my observations:

-- We played with a lot more heart last night than I've seen the last few weeks. There were some moments where it looked like the guys were about ready to give up, but they fought back hard and I'm proud of their effort.
-- Even if we had played our best game of the season last night, we still may not have beaten Weber. They played lights out - not just their shooting, but their passing, rebounding, etc. It was a big time team effort and you could tell they came out with a lot of fire to avenge the earlier loss to us. McCoy and Lillard are the real deals. McCoy should nab MVP easily and Lillard should win Freshman of the Year - can't imagine having to deal with him for another 3 years.
-- We are the walking wounded. Reminds me too much of our football team. The effort Branden gave going into the bleachers after the loose ball was just outstanding, but he hit so hard I was afraid he was gonna be out for the remainder of the game. I have to ask, considering we have some excellent physical fitness facilities - do our athletics teams have a problem with conditioning and training that needs to be addressed?
-- The crowd really gave Mbunga a great ovation before the game when he was announced for Senior Night. It may have been one of the best sendoffs to a senior I have ever seen in the Fieldhouse. Made me happy for Divaldo and proud to be a Bobcat.
-- Speaking of Mbunga, teams have really found out how to play the Cats. Double team Mbunga whenever he gets the ball, and force us to hit from the outside. Right now, we're just not knocking down any shots. Another 38% effort last night.
-- On the radio post-game Jeff Lasky mentioned that many of these guys, Rush, Piepoli, Bynum, will knock down their shots all day long in practice, but just get cold as ice come game time. To me, that's not a talent issue, rather it's a lack of confidence in the shot. These guys just need to relax, don't force the issue, and just let it fly.

One more game to go, and with all the issues we have I just don't see how we can get it done. It would be great to beat those guys on their home court, it's just probably not gonna happen. Our youth has really showed up this last month. Hopefully these guys will take this experience with them into next season, get pissed, and come out with a fire the next 2-3 seasons and show everyone just how good they can be.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 am

WSUWILDCAT wrote:Good luck vs the Griz Bobcats.

Oh oh. Looks like someone might be fearful of facing the Griz.....

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:
WSUWILDCAT wrote:Good luck vs the Griz Bobcats.

Oh oh. Looks like someone might be fearful of facing the Griz.....
Or could it be that other "Cat" fans hate the Griz, just as much as we do????

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:23 pm

Why should I be fearful of my team playing the Griz? Weber handed UM rather easily twice this year, and 5 times in a row.

John K has the right Idea.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Apparently the MSU-UM game is not going to be televised, which is disappointing. Even though I'm not optomistic about the outcome, I still wanted to watch it on TV.