Opportunity For Redemption

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SenorWeezer
BobcatNation Team Captain

Opportunity For Redemption

Post by SenorWeezer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:46 pm

The Bobcat men's basketball program has a unique opportunity to save an otherwise lackluster, dismal, and far below expectations (c'mon, getting schooled by Idaho State... at HOME!) with a BSC Tournament matchup against the fizzles... let's hope Coach H has them ready to play ball. I NEVER thought I would be reminiscing about the good old days with Coach Durham!

Go Cats!

"I was Bobcat before Bobcat was cool."

MaZooLaGriz
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Opportunity For Redemption

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 pm

You don't understand the meaning of "sweep"? Do we have to keep showing you, over and over and over again?

It's gonna be fun! Hope to see a lot of you downtown Saturday night.

Everything is always on its way somewhere.

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriftCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:42 am

MaZooLaGriz wrote:You don't understand the meaning of "sweep"? Do we have to keep showing you, over and over and over again?

With the majority of UM graduates in the janitorial field, we do understand that you have a better understanding of the term "sweep". However, the lobby is clean enough for now, you don't have to keep showing us.

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I am still considering which way to go with this team. a.) Follow my heart and stick with them no matter the bus is going off the cliff. OR b.) forfeit the Weber game and just give the team the entire time off until the Cat/griz game.

The real problem appears to be their defeatist attitude with no will to win (both coaches and players). The players are responsible for playing well and winning. The bigger duty goes to the coaches who are ACCOUNTABLE to the players and fans for ensuring the team plays well and wins.

I will make my decision later this week. Until then; GO CATS!!

oldcatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by oldcatfan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:21 pm

I guess that just matches the defeatist attitude of all the fair weather fans on these threads ready to write the whole team and coach off as a bunch of failures. [-X

TrueCat

Post by TrueCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:30 pm

=D^ well said...this negativity is really brutal

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:48 pm

BwanaCat wrote:I am still considering which way to go with this team. a.) Follow my heart and stick with them no matter the bus is going off the cliff. OR b.) forfeit the Weber game and just give the team the entire time off until the Cat/griz game.

The real problem appears to be their defeatist attitude with no will to win (both coaches and players). The players are responsible for playing well and winning. The bigger duty goes to the coaches who are ACCOUNTABLE to the players and fans for ensuring the team plays well and wins.

I will make my decision later this week. Until then; GO CATS!!
I wouldn't wait too long...................., the WSU game is a little over 5 hours away. :wink:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:18 pm

oldcatfan wrote:I guess that just matches the defeatist attitude of all the fair weather fans on these threads ready to write the whole team and coach off as a bunch of failures. [-X
Well, what have you seen in the past half-dozen games that gives you any hope we can beat the best team in the Big Sky? Sure, we beat them a month ago in their house, but that was before the injuries and the complete loss of confidence that was most of February... I'm listening...

One other thing - never call me a fairweather fan. I bleed blue and gold, and would still go to games if they were winless on the season, but there comes a time when you have to face facts, and the fact is that we just aren't very good. I have no explaination for what happened to this team, other than MSU Mens Basketball is cursed after the first week of February, and has been for almost a decade...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

GoKats, I was waiting to see if our guys would play with some heart and pride tonight. Down by 15 with about 2:00 minutes to go at Weber. I guess the the Cell Bitch mentality is still king at MSU. The Wildcats are certainly grunge f@#!ing the Cats tonight. :oops: Our guys can do better. Go Cats!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 pm

BwanaCat wrote:GoKats, I was waiting to see if our guys would play with some heart and pride tonight. Down by 15 with about 2:00 minutes to go at Weber. I guess the the Cell Bitch mentality is still king at MSU. The Wildcats are certainly grunge f@#!ing the Cats tonight. :oops: Our guys can do better. Go Cats!
I guess you forgot about the b) part of your post................and I did do the :wink: thing.

The result sucked, but I think the guys played hard. I can't imagine any Cat fan being happy with the way the season turned out, but there's still a chance to beat the fizz. [-o<

Go 'Cats!!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

MaZooLaGriz

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 am

MM7CAT wrote:the lobby is clean enough for now.
A thorough cleaning is required whenever a Bobcat is present!

What an amazing Saturday this is going to be in the Zoo... another Griz/Cat show following the Girls' championship game at 2:00. Gets close to any given football Saturday.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:03 pm

MaZooLaGriz wrote:You don't understand the meaning of "sweep"? Do we have to keep showing you, over and over and over again?

Here is your broom beeyatch, now go sweep the floor.

IYAACYAS

MaZooLaGriz

Post by MaZooLaGriz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:17 pm

CPACAT wrote:Here is your broom beeyatch, now go sweep the floor.
Yup, it's my turn. A great game and you guys came out on top, that's for sure. Now go kick everyone else's butt!