MBB: Cats @ UNC

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB: Cats @ UNC

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Well in our illustrious Big Sky tourney history (you can just about count the wins in the last 30 years on one hand) it seems like we had a freshman come out of nowhere to light it up. I remember Johnny Mack just about single handily beating the griz in a Big Sky game in Boise in the early 90's. And of course there was Danny Sprinkle hitting everything he threw up against Weber in 1996. So this year maybe it will Austin Brown, coming off the bench to light it up in Missoula...???

Oh who am I kidding? It's going to take a miracle.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:54 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Well in our illustrious Big Sky tourney history (you can just about count the wins in the last 30 years on one hand) it seems like we had a freshman come out of nowhere to light it up. I remember Johnny Mack just about single handily beating the griz in a Big Sky game in Boise in the early 90's. And of course there was Danny Sprinkle hitting everything he threw up against Weber in 1996. So this year maybe it will Austin Brown, coming off the bench to light it up in Missoula...???

Jeeeez, as a past pres. of the Noon Optimist Club in Bozeman, do they have a Pessimist Club in Belgrade? Are you a current officer, or just running for pres.?

:unsure:

Go Cats!!!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:55 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:ALL - MY "buddy" LONGHORN 22,

The season is coming to an end.... Probably not fast enough. Coach Huse has some real problems and the last two games - the Cats need to step-up our does Huse and staff make some serious decisions and blow this thing up. I back in pre-season told you the JUCO back court would hurt this team. Navarre and Bynum, are not good shooters from 15' out and recruiters should know this. Navarre, that is Coach Starr's bring in player and he is not the answer for next year. Bynum great athlete - cannot shoot a lick from the outside or the FT line.

Look at this box score and this tells the story of the season. Like last year, Bob Howard has ran out-of-gas and hit the wall. Great kid but check last season - however was a true freshman. Piepoli inconsistent and Rush a major disaapoitment, especially when some were talking pre-season accollades. Inside very disappointing.

Question as many of you may wonder --- who will get runoff or quit? With "NO" available offers the roster you have now is pretty much the same for 2009-10. Second one could be made available " Were is Hennessey?"

I was off one slot and predicted 2 games under.500. Heck with the knock off's of Oregon State and Colorado, which would not happen today they have improved--- this program could have been more like 5-6 games with two left. Huse is the right guy --- he needs to evaluate and clean his staff out and find recruiters who can bring in talent. Starr is too young, Preibe, heck look at Loyola Marymount that was his program, and Carnell, comes as a volunteer from a poor D2 program.

Inclosing, Huse might have to make some serious decisions on his roster for next year. Count on it players will leave or asked to leave.

Take a look at this horrible game:

VISITORS: Montana State 12-15, 6-9 BSC
TOT-FG 3-PT REBOUNDS
## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
33 PIEPOLI, Danny...... f 2-8 1-6 0-0 0 0 0 2 5 0 2 1 1 17
42 JOHNSON, Branden.... f 0-2 0-1 0-0 0 3 3 1 0 0 0 1 0 22
32 MBUNGA, Divaldo..... c 2-4 0-0 4-5 7 2 9 3 8 2 1 0 0 23
03 NAVARRE, Marquis.... g 2-4 1-1 4-4 0 2 2 0 9 0 3 2 1 28
20 BYNUM, Will......... g 3-9 0-0 2-5 1 3 4 3 8 2 4 0 3 24
01 BROWN, Austin....... 1-4 0-1 2-3 1 0 1 4 4 0 1 2 0 23
15 HOWARD, Bobby....... 3-11 0-4 3-4 1 3 4 1 9 0 1 0 0 23
21 HENDERSON, Cameron.. 1-2 0-0 0-0 1 2 3 2 2 1 2 0 0 7
23 RUSH, Erik.......... 1-6 0-0 1-2 0 2 2 3 3 0 3 0 2 21
34 ANDERSON, Cody...... 1-2 0-1 0-0 1 0 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 12
TEAM................
Totals.............. 16-52 2-14 16-23 12 17 29 20 50 5 18 6 7 200

TOTAL FG% 1st Half: 8-24 33.3% 2nd Half: 8-28 28.6% Game: 30.8% DEADB
3-Pt. FG% 1st Half: 0-5 0.0% 2nd Half: 2-9 22.2% Game: 14.3% REBS
F Throw % 1st Half: 7-10 70.0% 2nd Half: 9-13 69.2% Game: 69.6% 3
omg. the problem i have with you dawson is you are the guy who likes to pad himself on the back at the end of the season when he can look at his "bold" predictions and see which ones were close to correct. you were wrong about the colorado game and the oregon state game. yet you didn't show your face here. you were wrong on the long beach state game, but again, no where to be seen. but the cats get blown out by unc and shocker...here you are. ya, you idaho state pick getting a bye, and nau making the tourney were spot on. :roll: oh ya, and how about the cats missing the tourney? last i checked they were in. was it pretty? far from it. but they are in, and your genious predictions had them out. i mean come on. we're a 9 team league and 6 make the tourney. you could blindfold me and let me pick 6 randomly and i'd have a good shot at nailing whose in the tourney. what is your deal? you do realize that you look like an ass when you come here with the "i told you so's" after the season is over right? i don't understand what your mission is, but it seems to be bashing the cats...but only after they lose. it's really annoying. #-o

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:11 pm

GOKATS wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Well in our illustrious Big Sky tourney history (you can just about count the wins in the last 30 years on one hand) it seems like we had a freshman come out of nowhere to light it up. I remember Johnny Mack just about single handily beating the griz in a Big Sky game in Boise in the early 90's. And of course there was Danny Sprinkle hitting everything he threw up against Weber in 1996. So this year maybe it will Austin Brown, coming off the bench to light it up in Missoula...???

Jeeeez, as a past pres. of the Noon Optimist Club in Bozeman, do they have a Pessimist Club in Belgrade? Are you a current officer, or just running for pres.?

Go Cats!!!!
Sorry. I'm just terribly jaded.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Go Cats!!!!
Sorry. I'm just terribly jaded.
I'm with ya............try rolling out of bed on the other side tomorow (if that means pissing off the wife don't do it)................., don't eat Cheerios (because someone might piss in them)................

j/k We're all a bit disappointed right now, but................... Go 'Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring ball for football begins on Saturday.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:It's not fatigue-it's simply lack of skill-coupled with incredibly poor execution. I think earlier in the season some teams made the mistake of not playing zone against us. Once everybody figured out we didn't have any shooters all we've seen is zone.

Piepoli wouldn't have to be pulled constantly if he wasn't such a liability on defense-but he is-thus Huse resorts to a lot of situational substituting.

Our two guards-Navarre and Bynum have no range. Guards need to hit from out...even the Bulls had to have Steve Kerr for crying out loud!
Losing makes it feel like fatigue...but it's depression! They looked like they were feeling sorry for themselves in the second half. UNC didn't feel sorry for them...why feel sorry for themselves!

They have nothing to lose now! That should make them dangerous...especially a team that has beaten the best in the league. I feel if they come out and play like they did in Colorado (like whipped puppies) this week, they should look for another sport to compete in, because they've given up!

But if they come out and play like wounded BOBCATS...maybe the shots will start going down! They have to have some fire in their bellies!

2024 Resume dominance