Craig Finberg- pancreatic Cancer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Craig Finberg- pancreatic Cancer

Post by vike_king » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 pm

We have known for over a week that Bobcat great Craig Finberg was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. RTB and I decided that we shouldn't put anything on this site until it was public knowledge through the family or the media. The Montana Standard has an article on Finny's diagnosis.

I would attach but I am attachment challenged. Go to http://www.mtstandard.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by vike_king on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Craig Finberg- pancreatic Cancer

Post by GOKATS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 pm

I wish him the best of luck.

Here's the article:

Finberg

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Craig Finny Finberg has always been my favorite Bobcat BB player ever. He was one year ahead of me at MSU and his HS, Columbia Falls, was in our conference (Hamilton). He was amazing. I have seen him hit four in a row from around 30 ft with a hand in his face. We never missed a home game back then even though the Cats were not usually very good because we wanted to see the Mick and Finny show (as it was called). Great player, great guy and I will be cheering for him again in his battle with cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 pm

I work for the same company as Craig's father-in-law, and we are going to be starting some sort of fund raiser to help out the family with the treatment. I will try to keep everybody posted when I get more information.

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:24 pm

This is the cover of the NCAA's 1979 Official Collegiate Basketball Guide. Finny made the cover! God bless, and here's to a successful recovery!

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Please note in the Montana Standard article there has been an account set up for Finny to help defray the enormous expenses in his fight against this terrible disease. Anyone who has ever been in contact with Finny knows he is one of the best people one could ever meet. Let's all do whatever we can to help him in his most challenging fight ever.
If you didn't read the article here is the account info:
State Bank and Trust
Attn: Craig Finberg Account
PO Box 1257
Dillon, MT 59725

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Did he used to coach in Flaxville? I'm sure there was a Finberg that coached there.

Anyway, best of luck.

Cancer sucks.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:55 pm

I HATE CANCER!!!!!

My Mother in Law has been dealing with it for 10 months and it flat out SUCKS...

My prayers go out to Craig and his family as they deal with this horrible crap called cancer.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Ohhh man. Pancreatic cancer is about as bad as it gets. Very sad. Best wishes to Craig and his family.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 pm

What a fun player to watch. A class act (remember him from both his Wildcats and Bobcats days). Turned into a great teacher and a heck of a coach. Craig, hang in there, buddy. This is a tough one. Best to you and your family.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I hope he gets better - he has impacted the lives of plenty of Montana's youngsters in a good way :D

This space for rent....

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 am

I remember watching him play...he averaged over 20 points a game when there was no 3 point line. He regularly was in the 30's! My prayers are with him in his fight against cancer.

2024 Resume dominance

dalimata
New Recruit

Post by dalimata » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Craig's sister created a CaringBridge site to keep you up to date on Finny. CaringBridge is a nonprofit organization that helps friends and families stay connected.
You can visit Craig's CaringBridge site at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/craigfinberg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
If your e-mail program does not allow you to click on the above link, just copy and paste the address into your web browser's address (or URL) location.
Please visit our CaringBridge site anytime. You can use the site to check in on Craig, read the journal entries and send messages by signing his guestbook. When you register with CaringBridge and sign his guestbook, you will automatically receive e-mail notifications each time his journal is updated. Or, you can subscribe to receive these notifications even before you sign the guestbook. (Of course, you can unsubscribe from these e-mail updates at any time.)

Ponycat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Ponycat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:28 pm

I f'n hate cancer.
Finberg was great coach and was fun to watch play, and I only saw him in those coaches vs. campers games at Bobcat Basketball camp.
My dad always said that the three point line actually brought the game closer to the rim, and he would always use Finberg as an example.

They passed the hat last night at the Three Forks/Manhattan and Belgrade/Bozeman game. Does anybody know if they are planning something similar at the Cat/Griz game?

The devil made me do it the first time... the second time I done it on my own.

bfbobcat24
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bfbobcat24 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Finny - My heart goes out to you. You were one of my favorite baseball allstar coaches and I loved watching you play BB in Bozo. Hang in there.

I SAID A BUD LIGHT