Cats vs. PSU today 2pm

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CATS2000
BobcatNation Letterman

Cats vs. PSU today 2pm

Post by CATS2000 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:56 pm

2pm tipoff today folks. Game is on Altitude TV as well. Hit the game and be back in time for the superbowl kickoff!

PSU is coming off a loss @ the griz and came in here last year and complety killed the 'Cats. We need this win to stay in the BigSky hunt. Let's get payback!

Wildfan
New Recruit

Re: Cats vs. PSU today 2pm

Post by Wildfan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:23 pm

For about the next 4 hours, I'm a HUGE Bobcat fan. Go Cats!

1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2007. 2009? Yup, 2009 too.
Make the world a better place. Punch a Griz fan in the face.

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Wildfan wrote:For about the next 40 years, I'm a HUGE Bobcat fan. Go Cats!
as you should be. :wink:

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:00 pm

MSU 38
PSU 35
at halftime

If MSU would stop having mental lapses every now and then they would be leading this game by a few more. They got lazy on a few passes and turned over the ball. Overall a good performance so far.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Pretty good first half so far. And a better crowd than I expected today. Keep it up in the second half Cats!

Gus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Gus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:35 pm

The blond ref is the worst I have seen all year

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Great win by the Cats. We needed this before Cat/Griz. The Griz are starting to play up to their talent.

Considering how tough PSU was playing early on, I didn't think any Big Sky team had a shot at them. This league is very balanced.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Strange team this year - they seem to alternate back and forth between utterly hopeless and very, very good. You have to be excited about the potential shown by Anderson & Brown so far. Huse has done a fantastic job, and I can't wait to see how good we are when Brown, Anderson, Howard, Rush, and Piepoli are juniors and seniors!

Just please, please, continue to work on the free throws! Argh. Fortunately PSU also missed more than their fair share of them today.

jmdcn
New Recruit

Post by jmdcn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 pm

I know Big Sky Tv is free but with these problems is it worth it...We have only been able to see about a half of a game, then is stalls. Thank goodness for the radio. Some of the away games have come in crisp and clear on their feeds. I guess I am glad there is no way to contact the Big Sky Tv folks.

Great game on the radio.......

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:41 pm

I didn't make the game, family in town (I was trying to impress them with BigSkyTV, but for some reason the MSU feeds are probably the worst in the conference), but the radio was on. Great win for the Cats and a sweep for the Cats this weekend on the court against PSU. Go Cats!!! Bring on the griz.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

catatonic1
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catatonic1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:05 pm

correct me if I'm wrong, but the Big Sky contracts the feed from the home teams own production department. The problem comes from MSU's facility manager and film and TV department if we even have one? :oops:

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:23 pm

That should put the cats in the thick of the BSC title. Now just take care of Montana.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:19 pm

GOKATS wrote:I didn't make the game, family in town (I was trying to impress them with BigSkyTV, but for some reason the MSU feeds are probably the worst in the conference), but the radio was on. Great win for the Cats and a sweep for the Cats this weekend on the court against PSU. Go Cats!!! Bring on the griz.
It was on Altitude if you get that channel.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:20 pm

That was some game. The Bobcats seemed to do quite a bit of things right (despite what the people behind me were saying; they'd never say anything positive). Will Bynum was damn impressive today scoring 24 points. And there seems to be a way to beat Portland State...drive right up the middle and score on them. We did that very well. They may have had a lower free throw percentage than the Cats today, and PSU is a mighty fine team that made this game interesting when the Cats looked to pull away. Erik Rush was good as well, and Mbunga seemed to do well also. As for the Vikings, does anyone know why Dominguez and their other big guy spent so much time on the bench today? That could have made a difference, but all in all, a great win for the Bobcats. At 5-4, the Cats have a good chance to make the tournament, but need to play solid ball, and mostly away from home.

As for the officiating, what was with that blond ref? He was awful.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:15 pm

A really nice win today. It would have been nice to put them away by making a few more free throws.

We were fortunate in that PSU missed a lot of free throws too.

I think the blond ref was mad because some fans called him Opie. He wasn't going to give us a call no matter what. It was border line comical.

Will Bynum was awesome.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:27 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
GOKATS wrote:I didn't make the game, family in town (I was trying to impress them with BigSkyTV, but for some reason the MSU feeds are probably the worst in the conference), but the radio was on. Great win for the Cats and a sweep for the Cats this weekend on the court against PSU. Go Cats!!! Bring on the griz.
It was on Altitude if you get that channel.
I do/did- cut it off after FB, knew it was available, but for $12/mo I'll save it for tournament time. I've watched BSTV to check out away games and for the most part they've been pretty damn good. I caught parts of four BSC BB games yesterday, Ladies on the road, griz game and the other two BSC men's games which were all pretty good quality- can't say the same for what I tried to watch today. Sad for a school with all the computer technology and a film and tv department. JMO

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:56 pm

my drunk grandmother would have done a better job officiating then that blonde ref..................... unbelievable how bad he was, he called horrible calls both ways, was that the first basketball game he has ever been too? Did the other refs think it would be funny, and just go grab one of those guys standing on main street holding a cardboard "looking for work" sign?.... besides that, it was a great game... but that ref should seriously find a new line of work, cuz he really, really, REALLY sucks!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 am

mslacatfan wrote:my drunk grandmother would have done a better job officiating then that blonde ref..................... unbelievable how bad he was, he called horrible calls both ways, was that the first basketball game he has ever been too? Did the other refs think it would be funny, and just go grab one of those guys standing on main street holding a cardboard "looking for work" sign?.... besides that, it was a great game... but that ref should seriously find a new line of work, cuz he really, really, REALLY sucks!
that guy seemed to have it in for us. I watched the replay after we got home and ran several plays back in slow motion and found that he made at least 5 bad calls from fouls to possessions to traveling. I did enjoy him getting run over by the PSU player after Bynum made that steal though!

2024 Resume dominance

MinusTheBear
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinusTheBear » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:39 am

Our best game of the year folks. It's time to get this bus a movin'. We need to keep up the defensive intensity and keep hitting shots. Looked great the other day Cats!

Image MinusTheBear - MSU Bobcat Alumnus (2007)

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 am

Very, very nice win by the Cats yesterday, and probably one that most of us never saw coming. After this weekend, we moved from 6th place in the conference (with very little margin for error) to 4th place. A couple more wins and our place in the Big Sky tourney should be secure. But WOW, wouldn't it be sweet to finish in either 3rd or 4th place and host a first round tourney game. Or better, get at least that second place spot and get a first round bye! I'm not sure we can get that first place spot - we're 3 games behind Weber and they're playing pretty damn well. But stranger things have happened! GO CATS!!!