Cats vs. PSU today 2pm

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Cats vs. PSU today 2pm

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:01 pm

one thing is for sure....we'll have to play better on the road then we have so far, and we must win at home. let's pack the place saturday and keep this momentum going!

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

msusportsinfo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msusportsinfo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Just an FYI to catatonic1 and others about the Big Sky TV feed. We send the feed from here and the problems have all been on the Big Sky TV end this basketball season. We haven't had any equipment troubles this season at all. I think the majority of the complaints here are about the actual consistency of the web stream, not the production here on our end. Once the production leaves here, unfortunately, we can't control what happens.

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:12 pm

msusportsinfo wrote:Just an FYI to catatonic1 and others about the Big Sky TV feed. We send the feed from here and the problems have all been on the Big Sky TV end this basketball season. We haven't had any equipment troubles this season at all. I think the majority of the complaints here are about the actual consistency of the web stream, not the production here on our end. Once the production leaves here, unfortunately, we can't control what happens.
Ignore catatonic -- he's not a Bobcat fan; just another efizzer over here trying to stir up the pot.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Old Skool Cat wrote:
msusportsinfo wrote:Just an FYI to catatonic1 and others about the Big Sky TV feed. We send the feed from here and the problems have all been on the Big Sky TV end this basketball season. We haven't had any equipment troubles this season at all. I think the majority of the complaints here are about the actual consistency of the web stream, not the production here on our end. Once the production leaves here, unfortunately, we can't control what happens.
Ignore catatonic -- he's not a Bobcat fan; just another efizzer over here trying to stir up the pot.
Regardless of that fact, the fact still remains that watching a game on Big Sky TV that is coming from MSU is significantly below par. I have watched several bball road games and as has already been mentioned they are actually very good quality and very nice to watch. The few I have watched (or tried) when games were in Bozeman have in order: 1. not worked at all, 2. had the women's game audio with the men's game video and 3. had blocky trails with all motion in the video such that after about 10 seconds it looked more like a Picasso than a basketball game. Whether this is MSU's fault or Big Sky TV's fault I do not know, but it is quite obvious that somewhere along the way there is something different about games coming from Bozeman over Big Sky TV than from the other venues and because of this it reflects poorly on MSU.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:23 pm

For the record, I thought the game looked pretty good for being on TV. I have a widescreen HDtv and it looked decent for being on my TV and not being an HD broadcast. Could be worse. The only thing I would fix would be the tint/contrast. It seems to be more "yellow" and not as bright as other game broadcasts I see.
Last edited by longhorn_22 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:28 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:For the record, I thought the game looked pretty good for being on TV. I have a widescreen HDtv and it looked decent for being on my TV and not being an HD broadcast. Could be worse. The only thing I would fix would be the tint/contrast. It seems to be more "yellow" and not as bright as other game broadcsts I see.
Agreed, I was not referring to the Altitude broadcast as I think they did a great job so probably good that I should clarify. My comments for the record were simply in reference to recent Big Sky TV broadcasts.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm

kmax wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:For the record, I thought the game looked pretty good for being on TV. I have a widescreen HDtv and it looked decent for being on my TV and not being an HD broadcast. Could be worse. The only thing I would fix would be the tint/contrast. It seems to be more "yellow" and not as bright as other game broadcsts I see.
Agreed, I was not referring to the Altitude broadcast as I think they did a great job so probably good that I should clarify. My comments for the record were simply in reference to recent Big Sky TV broadcasts.
Yeah I gathered that you were. I was just adding my input on the game from the actual TV standpoint. I haven't even bothered with Big Sky TV at all this season.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 pm

kmax wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
Regardless of that fact, the fact still remains that watching a game on Big Sky TV that is coming from MSU is significantly below par. I have watched several bball road games and as has already been mentioned they are actually very good quality and very nice to watch. The few I have watched (or tried) when games were in Bozeman have in order: 1. not worked at all, 2. had the women's game audio with the men's game video and 3. had blocky trails with all motion in the video such that after about 10 seconds it looked more like a Picasso than a basketball game. Whether this is MSU's fault or Big Sky TV's fault I do not know, but it is quite obvious that somewhere along the way there is something different about games coming from Bozeman over Big Sky TV than from the other venues and because of this it reflects poorly on MSU.
I've experienced all three scenarios in the past. Yesterday was definitely the #3 variety, kinda like trying to watch a BB game thru a kaleidoscope.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 pm

kmax wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
Correct. I'll add that a good portion of the other school's have some sort of scoreboard and clock up for the entire broadcast. We have to wait for a break or for Lasky to update us on the score.

I will not be paying for this kind of production/quality next season, but I would have no problem paying for the quality I have seen on a few other school's streams.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 pm

kmax wrote:
Old Skool Cat wrote:
On one women's game they had about 1.5 minutes broadcast everytime you switched to it. It was the same 1.5 minutes...it was like Groundhog's Day

2024 Resume dominance

syvie5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by syvie5 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 pm

msusportsinfo,
Please check into the technical difficulties in MSU feed of BigSkyTV.
I have watched several games from different Big Sky schools and
the quality actually wasn't to bad on any of them.
MSU's games have all been bad to terrible, sometimes you can't
even make out the players on the court.
Another thing is it is all filmed from one spot in the Feildhouse, where
at other venues it has shots from all angles, even up close to the court.
Thank you!
Go Cats!

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 pm

syvie5 wrote:msusportsinfo,
Please check into the technical difficulties in MSU feed of BigSkyTV.
I have watched several games from different Big Sky schools and
the quality actually wasn't to bad on any of them.
MSU's games have all been bad to terrible, sometimes you can't
even make out the players on the court.
Another thing is it is all filmed from one spot in the Feildhouse, where
at other venues it has shots from all angles, even up close to the court.
Thank you!
Go Cats!
I'm not one to piss & moan, but I think enough of us have posted the same things that maybe MSU should take a more serious look at BigSkyTV, especially the Cats games. I watch a lot of games to see how other BSC teams stack up, both men and women, and so far the MSU feed is way below par. As someone else mentioned, most hosting schools have a score board and time clock on screen, but even if they don't the video/audio stream is pretty good. As has also been mentioned, most schools have mutiple cameras with the ability to zoom the play action- MSU seems to have one that goes back and forth from the nosebleed section.

As I said, I try to stick to 'constructive' criticism, but in this case I think I think it goes beyond just saying that MSU provides the feed to BSTV and the end product is out of 'their' hands. JMO Go CAts!!!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....