BSC Men's BB will be Tight Race

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MinusTheBear
BobcatNation Letterman

BSC Men's BB will be Tight Race

Post by MinusTheBear » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 am

As we approach the mid-final stretch in BSC play the Bobcats seem to be on the fence right now at 4-4, but only 3 games out of first place. The game against Portland State on (Superbowl) Sunday and the Cat-Griz match the week following could be absolutely huge for our club. If we could pull off two big home wins I honestly feel like we could have a shot. I realize how good Portland State is as a team, but they could possibly fall into a funk if we can give them another loss. I don't think the Cats have played their best basketball yet. The last few years we've had solid teams that peaked entirely too early in the season. Hopefully Coach Huse can bring these guys together and make a strong push to get some wins during the remaining games. I would like to see a good turn out for the next couple home games! This would definitely help things. These next two games against the current #2 and #3 teams in the conference will let us know exactly where we stand in conference play. We need to win these critical home games. I know we got beat fairly bad by the Griz in the first game, but you never know how these rivalry games are going to end up. I've attended and/or watched most all of the games this year and all the road games on BSTV. I really do see promise in this team, I just hope they can find a spark and make a run to stay in the top part of the conference. Anyone else have any thoughts about our team or how the conference is shaping up?

Image MinusTheBear - MSU Bobcat Alumnus (2007)

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Re: BSC Men's BB will be Tight Race

Post by bozbobcat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:25 pm

As of right now, just past halfway, the Cats are sitting in good shape. They have 7 more to go (3 home, 4 road) and each one is big. If they can play like they did today (knocking off Portland State), they'll be fine. The league is mighty tight right now, and it'll be a race to the finish. I'll try to make a projected prediction about how the league will finish a little bit later.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Three at home and four on the road.

Home: UM, ISU and WSU.

Away: SSU, NAU, PSU and NCU.

Three of the four toughest games are at home. If we continue to come together, beating SSU, NAU and NCU on the road is doable. By come together I mean continue to play aggressively without having the other team counter that strategy. I think it was the NCU game that Huse went off on the guys for letting the Bears take it to them. The last two games have shown a different approach and one that this team seems to take to. It's very intriguing. These guys seem like they have been searching for their identity. Maybe that loss to NCU helped them find it. If they have, they need to stay focused on it and good things will happen.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

MinusTheBear
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinusTheBear » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:35 am

I would like to see us win out at home (3) and then at least 2 on the road. WSU in Bozeman and PSU will be very tough in Portland. I think we played our best basketball the other day against PSU. We had that extra sense of fight on the court with a slice of confidence. If we play like we did yesterday we can beat anyone. Big game this Saturday against the Griz. Could make or break our season.

Image MinusTheBear - MSU Bobcat Alumnus (2007)