WBB- Lady Cats/ Lady Bengals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

WBB- Lady Cats/ Lady Bengals

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:59 pm

Ladies had a great home win against WSU on Thurs. Need a home sweep. Go Lady Cats!!!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Re: WBB- Lady Cats/ Lady Bengals

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:03 pm

This game should be a good one. Idaho State is still trying to find their identity. If the Cats can avoid burying themselves in too deep of a hole in the first half, like they were able to do against Weber, they should do well tonight. It would be nice if they can just come out strong and win it wire-to-wire. But it should be a fun and entertaining matchup.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Nice sweep by the Ladies at home. 71-55 :thumbup:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

bpcats
Member # Retired

Post by bpcats » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:26 pm

The Cats had the advantage most of the night. Idaho suited up nine players and then lost their leading scorer in the first half. The ladies need these last two wins before they go on a 3 game road trip.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of getting the Lady Cats back to playing the way that they are capable of.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:32 pm

This really was a great win for the Cats. They came out, played strong in the first half, and really beat up on the Bengals in the second half. Sarah Strand had close to 20, as did Katie Bussey. These are two youngsters getting it done. And the ladies played very good defense, holding ISU to 52 points. It was very sad to see the player for Idaho State go down; it looked like a really bad knee injury and I hope she's ok. However, this may have been one of the most complete games that the Bobcats have played all year. It was just a great game overall for the Bobcats.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 am

I thought the interior players were fairly weak and small. After seeing the game on Thursday it appears as if they can hold their own against most teams. Nubia Garcia is a force, it just too bad she is the only one who knows how to score down low and is atholetic enough to do it with a defensive presence there. the others are either too slow, too small, or too hurried to make the shots count.

I noticed that the reason Jenny Herriger gets so many rebounds is that everyone puts a body on the big girls from the other team and Jenny sneaks in and gets the rebound. This must be because she can judge where the ball is coming off the rim or backboard. I seems to work great. I didn't get the stats from the ISU game but she had around 9 bounds in the Weber game, her second in a row leading the team. She hit her first shot, a three, and then didn't score the rest of the game. She sort of just hangs around the outside and shoots a three now and then, and tries to creat offense with passes once in a while. Not the creator role she played earlier in the year. She also is hurrying her shots and fading on them. Not getting her feet under her. I noticed that several of the girls ar doing the same thing.

Sara Strand seems to be tall enough (which gives her the confidence) to take the extra time to square up to the basket before she shoots. It looks like she is becoming the new designated three point shooter! Generally they take a lot of shots at the basket from the key area....and if they would take time to use the board and look at the rim, they might be more successful. Just my take on the team.

2024 Resume dominance