MBB: vs. NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB: vs. NAU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Good win tonight-maybe even season saving.

NAU runs their stuff real well and shoots from out about as good as anyone. They didn't replace Landry inside though.

We shot the ball well from out too-especially in the first half. Rush was 4-4 from three land.

Bynum made himself a fan favorite tonight. He was a terror-with steals, dunks, and general mayhem.

Abysmal freethrow shooting kept them in it a little longer than necessary and we didn't handle their full court pressure well at all. But other than that it was a great performance and probably the season's most entertaining home game so far.

Nice crowd too-with the students still gone.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Re: MBB: vs. NAU

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 pm

This was a nice game. The Cats made 8 3-pointers, hit many good shots, and got quite a few steals. They allowed 10 to NAU, and couldn't quite break their traps at certain points. The free throw shooting still isn't where it should be. They are getting closer on that point. However, the Cats got the job done again and put together a solid win. I was really impressed with Will Bynum. He's going to be a good one here. Erik Rush is starting to find a rhythm and may soon be our best player. It was a fun game and good momentum heading into a tough road trip to Weber State and Idaho State on Thursday and Saturday.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

IrishBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by IrishBobcat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:59 pm

This seemed like the Cats best all around performance at home this year. With the exception of free throw shooting. Luckily that wasn't a factor.

Team was tenacious tonight. Was a fun game to watch.

Disagree a little about the crowd. I still miss the days right around 95-96 with consistent sell out crowds and rowdy atmosphere that helped win games. I would love to see that happen again.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:49 pm

It was a great game tonight! The team chemistry seemed to really flow tonight which led to the comfortable win. Great job 'Cats!

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

CATS2000
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CATS2000 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah the first half just cruised by. Both teams were on fire. Great game by the 'Cats and way to hold onto the lead. NAU was hitting some clutch three's to keep it close in the 2nd half.

Does it seem that Hennessy is getting a little more playing time at the point? He seems to come in for Navarre like 5 or 6 minutes into each game now and seems to get more playing time. I haven't looked at the box score yet. Bynum and Rush also played huge. I really hope the 'Cats can continue this and play well on the road.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:55 am

The crowd always gets better after school starts up again and the conference season really gets going. I agree I wish it was like it used to be but I think we are near or at the top of the conference in attendance figures and game atmosphere. MSU, UM and Weber are in a tier of their own in the BSC.

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:29 am

longhorn_22 wrote:The crowd always gets better after school starts up again and the conference season really gets going. I agree I wish it was like it used to be but I think we are near or at the top of the conference in attendance figures and game atmosphere. MSU, UM and Weber are in a tier of their own in the BSC.
i agree. for being the last weekend of break i was fairly happy with the crowd. still had a small core of students, with the same ones standing up and being loud all game. always nice to see. as for my thoughts on the game, i think nau is pretty good. if they had a good big man i think they'd be near the top of the standings. they simply are forced to live and die by the three because it's not an option throwing it down low. in the first half they lived...but you're not always gonna be able to make 70% of your shots! as for the cats, i felt we could have gotten it to mbunga more for those same reasons. against their two big men i think he could have went for 20 and 10 last night. in nau's defense they knew they didn't have the bigs to match up, and they helped on defense very well and made it difficult for us to feed the post. i think i like this team more after every game. they play so unselfish, and they work harder and harder on defense. still think we need some work on our press-breaker, but all in all i was impressed. still very worried about the free throws though. i can see them costing us some crucial games. although, maybe like they'll be like last years memphis team where they missed them all year, then come conference tourney and national tourney time made all of them! until the title game at least. #-o

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?