MBB: Cats beat Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB: Cats beat Sac State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Nothing pretty about it, but an 18 point win was definitely needed.

It wasn't that we played all that well-Sac State played terrible. Our team is doing okay defensively, but offense is a real struggle at times.

The NAU game is pretty important-going on the road for to Weber and ISU afterwards. We lose Saturday and we be in quite a hole.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB: Cats beat Sac State

Post by GrizinWashington » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 am

Weber took it to PSU tonight, so they look as though they could be very tough. I'm not looking forward to that road trip. Eastern is also playing pretty well.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Good win by the Cats. I've said it before, but I don't care how it gets done, any conference win is a good win. The way the Cats beat Sac last night will probably be the model for any other conference wins we earn this season. We definitely won't outplay anyone in a scoring fest, but if we shut teams down playing gritty, stingy defense and just manage to make few mistakes on offense, we'll be okay. NAU on Saturday - the griz got a win against them last night, so let's send the Jacks home back to Flagstaff 0-for-2 in Montana!!!

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:31 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Nothing pretty about it, but an 18 point win was definitely needed.

It wasn't that we played all that well-Sac State played terrible. Our team is doing okay defensively, but offense is a real struggle at times.

The NAU game is pretty important-going on the road for to Weber and ISU afterwards. We lose Saturday and we be in quite a hole.
I agree with what you say here; in fact, you hit the nail right on the head. I didn't see anything too special about the win, but it is a win, and that always makes me happy. Will Bynum is quite the defensive player and had a good game last night. The team held Sacramento State very well. They weren't that good, that's for sure. I think the Cats can come out and beat a "down" NAU team on Saturday.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 am

NAU game is huge for both teams. NAU could go 1-4 and MSU could go 1-3. Neither can afford a loss especially with the tough next seven games for the Cats. This game will go down to the wire and both teams are poor at the charity stripe. MSU by 3.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:49 am

bozbobcat wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Nothing pretty about it, but an 18 point win was definitely needed.

I agree with what you say here; in fact, you hit the nail right on the head. I didn't see anything too special about the win, but it is a win, and that always makes me happy. Will Bynum is quite the defensive player and had a good game last night. The team held Sacramento State very well. They weren't that good, that's for sure. I think the Cats can come out and beat a "down" NAU team on Saturday.
I don't know how "down" NAU is, they led the griz 37-24 at halftime and the griz didn't take the lead until the final seconds and won at the FT line.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 am

One word Anthony Johnson killed them and UM continually at the strip the second half. NAU it is about stopping Josh Wilson and N. Johnson at the guard spots. Divaldo will have a field day against Johannson.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:46 am

GOKATS wrote:
bozbobcat wrote:

I don't know how "down" NAU is, they led the griz 37-24 at halftime and the griz didn't take the lead until the final seconds and won at the FT line.
guess it depends on your interpretation of the word "down". i didn't understand it as he was saying they were bad...but rather "down", as in feeling bad about losing a game they should have won. confidence is huge, and losing a game like they lost to the griz could do one of 2 things to this team. either they throw the loss out of their heads and come to bozeman fighting for a must-need win, or they walk into the brick still semi-stunned from blowing a huge lead thursday, and play to not lose tonight, rather than to win. don't think anyone thinks that nau is down this year. perhaps that's why the quotations? "down".....

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:30 am

GOKATS wrote:
bozbobcat wrote:

I guess the word "down" could have two meanings here. I was looking at their record, and it's a very tough start to the year for them. Losing two heartbreakers in conference doesn't help either. We'll see how NAU comes out against MSU tonight. Whichever team loses will be in quite a hole. And I put "down" in quotation marks because NAU is better than their record, so it's not really that they're having a horrible year, but the record doesn't show it.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:56 am

bozbobcat wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
bozbobcat wrote:

I guess the word "down" could have two meanings here. I was looking at their record, and it's a very tough start to the year for them. Losing two heartbreakers in conference doesn't help either. We'll see how NAU comes out against MSU tonight. Whichever team loses will be in quite a hole. And I put "down" in quotation marks because NAU is better than their record, so it's not really that they're having a horrible year, but the record doesn't show it.
It looks like we're in agreement, I was also considering their record in my previous post. Non conference they lost to Stanford, Arizona and UNLV and their three conference losses were for a combined total of 4 points including back-to-back one point losses to PSU (in four OT's) and um. They're obviously a much better team than their record indicates.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 pm

GOKATS wrote:
bozbobcat wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
bozbobcat wrote:

It looks like we're in agreement, I was also considering their record in my previous post. Non conference they lost to Stanford, Arizona and UNLV and their three conference losses were for a combined total of 4 points including back-to-back one point losses to PSU (in four OT's) and um. They're obviously a much better team than their record indicates.
besides getting hammered by eastern, their other three big sky losses have come by a combined 4 points! ouch. gonna be a big test for the cats tonight.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?