MBB: Huse gets a Montana kid

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

MBB: Huse gets a Montana kid

Post by mslacat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 am

This was published in the Missoulain today, and I admit I no idea we were recruiting Colt Idol
BRIEFS: Whitefish's Idol commits to MSU
By the Missoulian and Associated Press

Colt Idol of Whitefish announced Wednesday that he will attend Montana State University to play basketball for the Bobcats next season.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound guard led the Northwestern A in scoring last season, averaging 22.3 points per game on his way to earning his second consecutive all-state selection.

“Colt is a tremendous athlete who most certainly could play football, basketball or track at the NCAA Division I level, but basketball is his passion,” Whitefish basketball coach Eric Stang said, adding that Idol should make an immediate impact at Montana State.
Idol is also a high jumper on the Whitefish track and field team and boasts a 4.0 GPA in the classroom.
Maybe more later

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB: Huse gets a Montana kid

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Colt Idol: That's a movie star name if I ever heard one.

I think the last Whitefish guy we had was Scott Peiper.

Any kid averaging over 20 ppg in Class A is certainly worth a look-all the best to him and glad he's a Bobcat.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 pm

And he's smart and a high jumper ... those are qualities that certainly show promise of potential.

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Welcome to MSU, Colt :D Sounds like a good get by Coach Huse. Young Mr. Idol probably has a chance to grow another inch or two and put on 20 lbs by the end of his redshirt year. Good stuff, Coach. Go Cats!

BTW, The real question is: Can he make free throws? :shock:

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Best High Jumper in the State: 6-8 as a Junior: Very good hops!!

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:27 pm

rollo_tumasi wrote:Best High Jumper in the State: 6-8 as a Junior: Very good hops!!
Wow. That's definitley some raw athleticisim that can be worked with.

If only MSU would have signed Foran as well ... they sound like similar players with similar athleticism.

AGRBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by AGRBobcat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:47 pm

You are not showing a little Winifred Red Raider Bias are you? [-X Where did Foran end up going to school at?

The field looks great! Thanks to all who donated.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:50 pm

AGRBobcat wrote:You are not showing a little Winifred Red Raider Bias are you? [-X Where did Foran end up going to school at?
Absolutely ... it's just what we do! :D

He's at Northern. I think he's redshirting this year to ease the transition from being a "big guy" to more of a 2 or 3.

c.falls cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by c.falls cat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:56 pm

I heard this a couple weeks ago but had not read anything since so I was thinking it was just small town rumors. I have watched Colt for a couple years and I think the kid is a stud. He is very athletic, a good shooter and I think his biggest asset is his demeanor, his expression never changes. He can have a bad call go against him or throw down a dunk and he does nothing more than hustle to the other end of the court, it's rather impressive for a kid his age. I am excited to see him in the blue and gold.

by the way...the 6' 3" is a stretch (surprise surprise) I would guess 6' 1" is more accurate.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm very excited to see this kid play here. I think players like this out of MT will help Huse and the program a lot.

futurebobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by futurebobcat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:29 pm

i watched him play last night against corvallis. he pretty much single handedly beat the bluedevils. he dunked twice, and had a goaltending call which i didnt know was possible in mt highschool basketball.. he looks good out there. he will be a good asset to bobcat basketball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVXaaCHSNo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;