MBB: Cats vs Wazzu Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

MBB: Cats vs Wazzu Predictions

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:14 pm

I wish I was going to this game as I have a lot of buddies from back home that went to Wazzu. Does anybody know the line spread for the game?

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB: Cats vs Wazzu Predictions

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm guessing the odds-makers will wait at least until MSU plays tonight's game.

But the line probably won't be pretty.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:I'm guessing the odds-makers will wait at least until MSU plays tonight's game.

But the line probably won't be pretty.
i agree. we'll have a tough time keeping this one within 20 i think. not saying we can't, or won't, but they'll have to play well. i'd say we'll be about 15-17 point dogs. probably have to wait a day or so to see.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 pm

Oh, at least 15. If the Cats break 40 points I will be suprised, as the WSU defense is giving up an average of 45 ppg.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

MinusTheBear
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinusTheBear » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:28 pm

15-17 point dog? try 20+ buddy

Image MinusTheBear - MSU Bobcat Alumnus (2007)

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm

MinusTheBear wrote:15-17 point dog? try 20+ buddy
ya it's definitely possible. but i've done a lot of betting over the years and teams that i expected to blow out the cats always seemed to be less than 20 point dogs. remember, they're not trying to predict the spread of the game, but rather make it a spread that people will bet on. wsu could beat the cats by 30. but the spread will be no where near that. they beat sac state and idaho state by less than 20. the spread for both of those games were less than 20. they're playing gonzaga as we speak and may not be 100% up for playing the cats. i won't be surprised either way, but don't be shocked if it's less than 20.......buddy.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Gonzaga is beating them up pretty good in the second half after a close game at halftime. Wazzu is very good...but they are not the team they were last year.

Cat in NC
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat in NC » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:44 am

74-52 Gonzaga for the final. Yikes. And this is after WSU went on something like a 10-0 run to end the game. First consecutive non-conference home losses for the Cougs in 23 years.

Travis Bickford
MSU '95

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:32 am

The Cats win it with a thunderous dunk as time expires (62-61) :D

Go Cats!

whizonthegriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by whizonthegriz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:13 am

I am excited to go to the game and fully anticipate a Cat win. We are heading down after my son's 1st grade basketball practice. It will be a great basketball day.

The Cats have more than a fighter's chance. The Cougs are not very good from the outside and have been cold for the last couple of games. The Cats just have to play patiently on offense, because the Cougs value every possession and are fundamental on D.

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious," Charles Shackleford.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:52 am

as i figured as of this morning the cougs are 15 point favorites. it's being played in seattle on a neutral court so they won't have the same home court advantage. i don't know if it's the snow or what, but i have a good feeling about this game. well, good enough where i bet on the 15 point spread. best of all we'll be able to watch it on tv! GO Cats!!!!

Old Skool Cat

Post by Old Skool Cat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:21 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:as i figured as of this morning the cougs are 15 point favorites. it's being played in seattle on a neutral court so they won't have the same home court advantage. i don't know if it's the snow or what, but i have a good feeling about this game. well, good enough where i bet on the 15 point spread. best of all we'll be able to watch it on tv! GO Cats!!!!
I wouldn't exactly call it a neutral site; WSU has a huge alumni base in the Seattle area. That's why they came up with the Cougar Classis; a chance to play in front of a "home" crowd in Seatown. If I'm not mistaken, the Wazzu football team usually plays one non-conference every year in Seatlle for the same reason.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 am

Old Skool Cat wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:as i figured as of this morning the cougs are 15 point favorites. it's being played in seattle on a neutral court so they won't have the same home court advantage. i don't know if it's the snow or what, but i have a good feeling about this game. well, good enough where i bet on the 15 point spread. best of all we'll be able to watch it on tv! GO Cats!!!!
I wouldn't exactly call it a neutral site; WSU has a huge alumni base in the Seattle area. That's why they came up with the Cougar Classis; a chance to play in front of a "home" crowd in Seatown. If I'm not mistaken, the Wazzu football team usually plays one non-conference every year in Seatlle for the same reason.
far more neutral than their home court. i've watched 2 games there when wsu was playing, and it is far from loud, and the wsu players have no "home-court" advantage. No different then if the game was played in billings. obviously we'd have a bigger fan base, but would hardly consider the metra a home court advantage.

BwanaCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BwanaCat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Is Seattle still the #1 destination for MSU grads? I will guess that around 50% of MSU grads move out of state for careers/jobs. It use to be around 65% back in the 1970s through the early 1990s. :oops: :( The big markets are (were?) Seattle, Portland, Denver & Minnepolis then probably California. Anyway, lots of MSU grads are in the Seattle area. GO CATS!

Here's hoping WSU "Cougs it" tonight :D