MBB: Great Falls in tonight

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

MBB: Great Falls in tonight

Post by mslacat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:07 pm

I did not seem this posted, but Great Fall College will be in town this evening to fave Brad Huse's team, no way I am going to be able to make it down tonight, but I am expecting to see Huse substitute early and no matter the score. Yes Huse does want to win, but I think he will be willing to sacrifice the win margin to get playing time for the bench. This will especially true at the forward /center spot where we have been playing mainly 3 players (Johnson, Howard, and Mbunga). I would expect to see Huse try to give Henderson and Anderson significant minutes, to try to develop some depth. Austin Brown should also see some extended minutes, although I think Brown has done a better job so far of developing a spot in the rotation. It could get a little sloppy at times.

Our first conference game will be this Saturday in Cheney against Eastern Washington, so the games become real important real quick.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB: Great Falls in tonight

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:21 pm

mslacat wrote:I did not seem this posted, but Great Fall College will be in town this evening
Ahem...we're playing the University of Great Falls. Sounds a little more impressive anyway.

http://www.ugf.edu/Athletics/MensBasket ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4everacatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 4everacatfan » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
mslacat wrote:I did not seem this posted, but Great Fall College will be in town this evening
Ahem...we're playing the University of Great Falls. Sounds a little more impressive anyway.

http://www.ugf.edu/Athletics/MensBasket ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Friends of mine in Great Falls refer to it as UBT (University Behind Target).

I am sure they will come out ready to play tonight so I hope the Cats do not come out with a let's just show up attitude. I realize Huse has a bigger game Saturday in Cheney and if possible is going to need to get some guys some rest tonight but we need to come out of this on upswing heading over to EWU.

HUNTERCAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HUNTERCAT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Looks like this game will be on Big Sky TV tonight. Go Cats!

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:30 pm

When I lived in Great Falls many moons ago we called it 10th Ave Tech.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

To all U of Great Falls fans I humbly apologize. I had a friend who played for the College of Great Fall (as it was known then) many many moons ago and that is what I was thinking .... but I did not even get that right!

Old Skool Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Old Skool Cat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:04 pm

4everacatfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

I am sure they will come out ready to play tonight so I hope the Cats do not come out with a let's just show up attitude. I realize Huse has a bigger game Saturday in Cheney and if possible is going to need to get some guys some rest tonight but we need to come out of this on upswing heading over to EWU.
:lol:

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:12 pm

4everacatfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

This came up in Huse's postgame interview. Jeff Lasky brought up the idea that the Cats might overlook Great Falls and look to Eastern Washington on Saturday. Brad Huse made it VERY clear that they would not be overlooking Great Falls. (Side note: Huse then told the radio listeners that he was having Thanksgiving for the team, and suggested that if Jeff Lasky wanted a good dinner, Perkins should still be open. It was quite funny and it shows Huse has a sense of humor.) The Cats should use this game to continue working on their weaknesses, such as defense and free throw shooting, and keep honing and polishing their strengths. I expect a strong effort out of the team tonight.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:27 pm

the griz beat UGF 101-57. Not that comparitive scores mean anything-especially in early season basketball, but looking at that result plus several other games UGF played in leads to me believe the game absolutely should not be close-no matter who is in our lineup. For me-I'll be paying attention to the defensive end-our team hasn't really shown the ability to lock someone down-that and free throws appear to be our weaknesses at this point.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:43 pm

30-28 UGF right before half... ewww!

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:45 pm

The Pie-Guy hits a tre before the buzzer! 31 - 30 'Cats at the half.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:46 pm

the cats must be distracted by the UGF "Tickle Dance"

:bag:

This space for rent....

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:

It is "The University of the College of Great Falls"!!!!!!! How you get university status by putting up a new sign is beyond me!!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm

78-66 Cats, final score.

Just as mslacat stated, huse subbed early and often in the first half, and the Cats turned the ball over 9 times. The second half was much better, both offensively and defensively, and the Cats took much better care of the ball. Once again, it was a balanced scoring attack from the Cats. They only shot about 36% in the first half. Much better production in the second half, and a lot of lesser-used players saw minutes.

I can't stress it enough that this team is young. They will make mistakes. Hopefully they will learn from those mistakes and be a better team down the stretch as a result. They do have a lot of fun...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 pm

That was a massively terrible outing-beyond massively terrible in the first half.

As Mslacat predicted-Huse experimented with dozens of different combinations and played the young/new guys a lot-even when the game was tight.

Navarre, Rush, and Howard really stunk it up. Rush is pressing way too much offensively instead of letting the game come to him. He needs to dial it down a little. Howard is no worry-he has a way of playing bad against these kind of teams and then lighting it up against better competition.

Brandon Johnson had a nice second half and really was the catalyst to put the game out of reach.

Great Falls played well and hit a bunch of circus three pointers at the end to get it to the final margin.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Pug ugly............I would not want to be a player in the locker room at halftime (and it probably wasn't all that great after the game). It's assinine to be playing a conference game a month ahead of schedule this weekend on the road (there's no way the team wasn't thinking about it).

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:14 am

vike_king wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

It is "The University of the College of Great Falls"!!!!!!! How you get university status by putting up a new sign is beyond me!!

Just as an FYI, you get to be a "university" (vs. a "college") by offering graduate level programs and degrees, somthing "colleges" do not.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

RobocopCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RobocopCat » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:07 am

For most of us folks living in Great Falls, it really is UBT. "University Behind Target"

TrueCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by TrueCat » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:18 am

[quote="GrizinWashington"][quote="vike_king"][quote="BelgradeBobcat"][quote="mslacat"]I did not seem this posted, but Great Fall College will be in town this evening[/quote]

http://www.ugf.edu/Athletics/MensBasket ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

It is "The University of the College of Great Falls"!!!!!!! How you get university status by putting up a new sign is beyond me!![/quote]

Just as an FYI, you get to be a "university" (vs. a "college") by offering graduate level programs and degrees, somthing "colleges" do not.[/quote]

Are you sure about that? I have a friend who attended the Graduate Business Program at Providence College...

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 am

TrueCat wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:
vike_king wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Just as an FYI, you get to be a "university" (vs. a "college") by offering graduate level programs and degrees, somthing "colleges" do not.
Are you sure about that? I have a friend who attended the Graduate Business Program at Providence College...
Guess Rocky Mountain College needs to get a new sign then too.... http://www.rocky.edu/academics/Masters.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon