WBB vs SFA

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs SFA

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Some Bobcat ties to their coaching staff. And then there's this: https://twitter.com/SFA_WBB/status/939543736014528514 Rebecca Alvidrez was a great player for the Bobcats back in the day.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs SFA

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:34 pm

This team is not making what looks like just routine shots, but they are grinding out wins by playing tough defense and refusing to give up. They've forgotten how to lose at the Brick! https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/939671241555722240

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:57 pm

As I said in another post SFU played very physical and contested almost every shot with a bump or swipe and the refs decided to let them play. Players though stepped up at big times to make big shots and I loved that. I just wish Binford had a press breaker type offence when we brought the ball up court. We were pretty successful most of the time getting the ball up the court but we never made them pay for pressing, so they pressed the whole game and that really took a toll on our guards. Panger had the right idea when we got the ball pass the mid-court line she slashed to the basket, they got her the ball once, but typically our bigs would stay on the wing and wait for a pass to start the offence, but not really press the action. I also would have liked to see them feed Smith more she was shooting over 50% and was just doing great things with the ball. Still a great game and the one thing you can tell by watching our women over the men, our women know who they are and what the team's identity is. They play with confidence and swagger! (to steel a football line)

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 pm

As mentioned before, and I saw it in this game, the bigs are still attempting a lot of shots with their off-hand and those account for a lot of the misses.

Smith has become a weapon, and Pranger is going to be a very good player with some experience. Sometimes I wish we could/would redshirt more of our first-year players. But players with high academic achievement may not want to do that.

Go Cats!!!

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Losing our Jr's took a heavy toll on red shirt availability. I think Martha is the only Junior and she has to sit out a year.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:01 pm

It seems for one reason or another Binford rarely has a full complement of 15 players to go with her 15 scholarships but by the same token she talks about it and she is not a big believer in filling the scholarship for the sake of a scholarship she wants players that can compete at the big sky level and doesn't always go for projects. Still if you recruiting strong enough that your freshman can complete has two freshman on a team that's a title contender that just says something about your strength of recruiting. I do wish though Anika Lia would've stuck around and we would have the opportunity to redshirt Coral Gillette. As far as I can tell Anika is not on the roster of any D1 or D2 school but I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk