BIG SKY FOOTBALL ALL CONFERENCE SELECTIONS

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

A Griz 4ster
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by A Griz 4ster » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:
Born2BaGriz wrote:
BigSkyCat wrote:
Born2BaGriz wrote:
BigSkyCat wrote:How good do Swogger and the O-Line look on this play versus our "Honorable Mention LB"???

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatgalle ... 6.JPG.html

Daly is a great young LB, and if he plays as well next as he did this year, I betting he gets to be 1st team. Yet, unless I'm missing something the picture you picked is of him hitting Swogger after the ball is gone. Not that Daly wasn't capable of getting to Swogger, just that this seems to be a poor example.
As Swogger how he felt after the hit. I thought it was a better example of how poor the supposed first team OL was basically lost and not blocking anyone. Every Griz fan I know says this was their biggest weakness and worst line in at least 15 years.
This is just an example of sour grapes on your part. This isn't about Swogger or our OLine, this is about Daly not being named to the first team. How many Griz games did you watch? Are you aware of the injuries and youth on our OLine? How qualified are you or your "Griz fan" friends to judge the play of the OLine?

I have no problem saying the OLine was the weakest link in the chain this year, but they have made incredible strides and you cannot go undefeated in the Big Sky with "the worst line in 15 years". I explained all this in detail earlier, but any unit should not be awarded the all conference award. It recognized two individuals as having the best season in comparison to their peers. It had nothing to do with fans beliefs who is the best because of how many yards the produced or how many sacks they gave up. Do you really watch OLine play? In the picture, what blocking scheme was being called? Where did Daly come from? Be pissed that Daly didn't make the team, but don't downgrade the play of others in your poor attempt to make your point.

Besides, just be glad you guys made it to the playoffs because I'm not sure if you saw, but we only lose 9 players this year. Next year, if injuries are not a factor, we will have the best OLine in the Big Sky, plus we get Hillard back. Be glad that "one of the worst Olines in 15 years" and without Hillard was who you faced this year.
if i am not mistaken you are getting back a hillard after a knee break. face it he is not going to be the player he once was
You are mistaken. Achilles.

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Yeah, but an Achilles rupture? Makes you wonder why that happened.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:17 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:Yeah, but an Achilles rupture? Makes you wonder why that happened.
It was strange. Happened at practice and there was no hit. Very weird....

http://www.grizzoulian.com/tags/lex-hilliard/

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Actually Catamaran, I think we lose 8 starters, 9 if you count Hastings.

Looks like we both lose some pretty good quality, with UM losing a bit more than MSU. Fortunately, based on what we lost last year, we’re finally in more of a rebuilding mode like the Griz have been for several years.

Griz lose:

Van Cooper
Dustin Dlouhy
Brady Green
Tuff Harris
Tyson Johnson
Matt Lebsock
Jeff Marshall
Kerry Mullan
Mike Murphy
Josh Swogger
Ryan Wells

Cats lose:

Brant Birkland
Ryan Force
Jeff Hastings
Joe Hirst
Mike Jefferson
Marcosus Leblanc
Clive Lowe
David Siataga
Donnell Wheaton

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:23 pm

I forgot the O-linemen and kicker

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:40 pm

If Van Cooper graduates he will be back.

info197176
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by info197176 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Tyson Johnson is back next year...redshirt this year..

Born2BaGriz wrote:
2506 is like the guys who bitches about Hugh Heffner having three girlfriends and goes home alone to his dog every night