SKYLINE AT TEN - anniversary content

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

SKYLINE AT TEN - anniversary content

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:45 am

Houghton had a fun idea....let's make monthly posts with links to all the best stories about all the memorable figures we've covered as Skyline Sports celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.

Here's the first three posts. You'll find links to all sorts of stories. I think you'll enjoy the trip down memory lane. We've had the great pleasure of profiling pretty much all the unforgettable Bobcats of the 2010s, including some fun stories from March past about Tyler Hall, Harald Frey, Jasmine Hommes, Riley Nordgaard and more.

Also, plenty of national championship coverage, stories on Sonny Holland & Tommy Mellott's Mining City Connection, coaching changes, the Pillars of Choate and more.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/skyline-tur ... -10-years/

Here's January's installment:

And here's February:

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: SKYLINE AT TEN - anniversary content

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:26 am

Love it Colter. I chuckle remembering Riley Nordgaard in the first picture….I chuckle because I am surprised she didn’t have an opponents arm hanging off her as she cut down the nets because when she was in a scrum for a loose ball (and it was often) she came out of the pile with the ball and an opponents body part.

And for you trivia buffs, if ever asked who has the best 3point shooting percentage for their career as a Lady Bobcat, you should answer Riley Nordgaard at 38.9% just topping Hannah Caudill’s 38.6%! I never really thought of Riley as a 3 point shooter….always just loved her all-in style of play!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: SKYLINE AT TEN - anniversary content

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:07 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:26 am
Love it Colter. I chuckle remembering Riley Nordgaard in the first picture….I chuckle because I am surprised she didn’t have an opponents arm hanging off her as she cut down the nets because when she was in a scrum for a loose ball (and it was often) she came out of the pile with the ball and an opponents body part.

And for you trivia buffs, if ever asked who has the best 3point shooting percentage for their career as a Lady Bobcat, you should answer Riley Nordgaard at 38.9% just topping Hannah Caudill’s 38.6%! I never really thought of Riley as a 3 point shooter….always just loved her all-in style of play!
Nordgaard was for sure one of the most infectious players we ever covered. All out, all the time, such a competitor.

Back at the beginning of Skyline, we lived in a rental over by campus and several women’s basketball players were our next door neighbors. Nordgaard was just as competitive playing cards or lawn games as basketball. You do not want to play cards with her 🤣