Pro Day

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Pro Day

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:18 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:56 pm
Some just take a little longer to get goin'.
Yeah to me that's it. He's not explosive out of the blocks. He did get those huge holes to run through, and after 20 yards when he was up to full speed, it was too late.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:25 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:29 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:47 pm
Is anyone else surprised that Sean's 40 time wasn't better? Man, he torched defenders so many times and looked to be the fastest player on the field at times. Maybe he wasn't 100% on pro day or something.
Seems like sometimes there can be a big difference between 40 time speed and “game” speed…. Gonna miss watching this guy.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:29 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:29 pm
catatac wrote:
Is anyone else surprised that Sean's 40 time wasn't better? Man, he torched defenders so many times and looked to be the fastest player on the field at times. Maybe he wasn't 100% on pro day or something.
Seems like sometimes there can be a big difference between 40 time speed and “game” speed…. Gonna miss watching this guy.

Yeah. I remember fast track guys in high school that had big drop offs with pads on and other guys that seemed to get faster with pads on.
I think that TD is in the top 5 of my favorite Chambers runs. The other impressive thing about that run is #96 for Portland State. Watch where that guy is at the start (top of the d-line) of the play and where he ends up.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:09 am

catatac wrote:
I think one thing people miss is that 4.7 IS fast for the FCS…most players don’t run 4.7. That’s why Chambers is out running so many.

Very many high school prospects tout that they run 4.4 or 4.5. They don’t. Pretty much none of them that are going to the FCS at least.

Troy Andersen is world class fast. As fast as it gets. He runs 4.4. Nobody is as fast as Troy when they are in high school and if they are, they are going to Texas, Alabama or Ohio State…

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:47 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:09 am
catatac wrote:
I think one thing people miss is that 4.7 IS fast for the FCS…most players don’t run 4.7. That’s why Chambers is out running so many.

Very many high school prospects tout that they run 4.4 or 4.5. They don’t. Pretty much none of them that are going to the FCS at least.

Troy Andersen is world class fast. As fast as it gets. He runs 4.4. Nobody is as fast as Troy when they are in high school and if they are, they are going to Texas, Alabama or Ohio State…
I also think he uses his blockers and angles better than most. that always makes you look better on long runs.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back