Kane Ioane

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Kane Ioane

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:05 am

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 86d6c.html

Kane is a great person and a great coach. I think he will do a great job as the Nevada-Reno DC.
Last edited by duelalumnicat on Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Kane Ioane

Post by gtapp » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:37 pm

I really like Kane. I hope he does well at Nevada. His time in Boise did not go real well. Not sure how much of that was him or the head coach.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:27 pm

Kane is one of my all time favorite players and coaches. I wish him nothing but success.

Coordinators tend to have short tenures with Choate. I certainly hope Kane is the exception.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:29 pm

imacat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:27 pm
Kane is one of my all time favorite players and coaches. I wish him nothing but success.

Coordinators tend to have short tenures with Choate. I certainly hope Kane is the exception.
Not too surprising given that Choate himself tends to have rather short tenures at his jobs. I'll be rooting for Kane to do well, he's at the point in his career where this could be a good job to get hired from into a Power 5 coordinator job or FCS head coaching position if Nevada can get things turned around. If Vigen continues to have success and moves on within the next 2-3 years, Kane will be a strong candidate to come back to MSU if he's interested.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:54 am

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:29 pm
imacat wrote:

Not too surprising given that Choate himself tends to have rather short tenures at his jobs. I'll be rooting for Kane to do well, he's at the point in his career where this could be a good job to get hired from into a Power 5 coordinator job or FCS head coaching position if Nevada can get things turned around. If Vigen continues to have success and moves on within the next 2-3 years, Kane will be a strong candidate to come back to MSU if he's interested.
I think Kane is a lock if interested... But I'm not sure we'll be able to afford him by then.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:54 am
MSU01 wrote:
imacat wrote:

I think Kane is a lock if interested... But I'm not sure we'll be able to afford him by then.
He wasn’t interested last time, why would he be this time?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:42 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
imacat wrote:

Probably depends on why he wasn’t interested last time. Perhaps that issue has been resolved.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:42 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
imacat wrote:

Probably depends on why he wasn’t interested last time. Perhaps that issue has been resolved.
I also think things just change in terms of career paths. Maybe three years ago he thought that by say, age 45, he'd be in a power 4 coordinator position, or at least a front-runner for one. If he's 45 and not on everybody's short list for a power 4 coordinator position, there may be a chance he decides that taking an FCS head job is a better path to where he wants to get. Plus, who knows what the smaller FBS landscape will look like in 2-3 years. I'm not saying either of those are the case, but I think they could be a reason why he might consider that move.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:41 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 am
TomCat88 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
imacat wrote:

I also think things just change in terms of career paths. Maybe three years ago he thought that by say, age 45, he'd be in a power 4 coordinator position, or at least a front-runner for one. If he's 45 and not on everybody's short list for a power 4 coordinator position, there may be a chance he decides that taking an FCS head job is a better path to where he wants to get. Plus, who knows what the smaller FBS landscape will look like in 2-3 years. I'm not saying either of those are the case, but I think they could be a reason why he might consider that move.
You guys are both wrong and only one person knows why and its not Kane Ioane.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:09 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:41 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 am
TomCat88 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
imacat wrote:

You guys are both wrong and only one person knows why and its not Kane Ioane.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
I literally said I'm not saying these are the case, but that they COULD be a reason he MIGHT consider it. I'm talking about the future and it appears you know the future, so if you feel the need to tell me I'm wrong, vaya con dios.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:06 pm

I don't see any reason he won't take the same road as Vigen. A coordinator at a Mountain West team to head coach at an FCS school.
He was faced with a choice of waiting to see if he would get the MSU job or taking the Boise DC job. He had an offer from Boise...not MSU....so, A bird in hand....Just good sense! I guess a lot depends on how he does at Nevada.

2024 Resume dominance