Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by Montanabob » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:07 am

coachouert wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:30 am
kmax wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:52 pm
coachouert wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:14 am
Crane was on the south side of the stadium on my way into work today working on the smaller scoreboard. Will try to grab some pictures if there's any visible progress.

I failed. Will try to swing by at lunch today.
which client do you bill you travel voucher to?
Or would disclosure lose you a client?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:41 am

That’s easy, just add an extra hour to your biggest pain in the ass client, they are usually the most cash flush. I kid, kind of. :D

If your left, you aren’t right.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:56 am

Are there rules or guidelines on what can be shown on the video board during field goals and extra points? I can think of a lot that could be up there for the visiting teams.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:35 am

St George wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:56 am
Are there rules or guidelines on what can be shown on the video board during field goals and extra points? I can think of a lot that could be up there for the visiting teams.
Well, despite the violent nature of the game, swearing, drinking, and questionable fan behavior at football games, it is still considered a family friendly event, so I’d suspect there are some guidelines on what should and should not be put on the video board.

Students could do some tasteful distractions in the Sonny Holland zone though, if that’s what you mean. Kind of like what is done during basketball games.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:35 am
St George wrote:
Well, despite the violent nature of the game, swearing, drinking, and questionable fan behavior at football games, it is still considered a family friendly event, so I’d suspect there are some guidelines on what should and should not be put on the video board.

Students could do some tasteful distractions in the Sonny Holland zone though, if that’s what you mean. Kind of like what is done during basketball games.
I think he meant more of if there can be anything ON the video board while the other team is kicking. I believe that there are rules, and that video board must be off by time huddle is broken.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:37 am

SACCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:35 am
St George wrote:

I think he meant more of if there can be anything ON the video board while the other team is kicking. I believe that there are rules, and that video board must be off by time huddle is broken.
Yeah, I know what he meant and that he is also joking in his comment about distracting kickers. I was kidding with him, although my humor is more dry about the other distractions and that the university probably wouldn’t put risqué stuff on the board, and thought that the student section would also work as a good distraction area if the opposing team was kicking in that area, much like they do on a basketball free throw.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:49 am

I don’t know that it has to be off. Maybe just not a moving image? Minnesota famously has the “dramatic gopher” on screen during kicks.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:54 am

kmax wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:49 am
I don’t know that it has to be off. Maybe just not a moving image? Minnesota famously has the “dramatic gopher” on screen during kicks.

Haha this is great. Considering they can't even play music once the huddle is broken, I'd imagine there are some pretty strict rules about the video screen during kicks. It would not be hard to create some sort of optical illusion with a screen that big and really mess up a kicker.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:57 am

kmax wrote:

Now, that’s funny, not risqué, and something I could definitely see on the video board.

Could they put up a image of goal posts off to the far right or left of the board?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:42 pm

coachouert wrote:

I'm just kidding. You are awesome to be doing this.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:50 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:42 pm
coachouert wrote:

I drove by and it looks basically the same as the last one

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:09 pm

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:50 pm
AFCAT wrote:
coachouert wrote:

It does look basically the same. They are starting to put the actual screen in place and are making quick progress on that. The smaller scoreboard is in and brought to you by Billings Clinic. Will take pics going to/from campus when I can as visible progress is made.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:57 am
kmax wrote:

Now, that’s funny, not risqué, and something I could definitely see on the video board.

Could they put up a image of goal posts off to the far right or left of the board?
Doesn't TCU do the Hypno Toad video on their screen.

Sports is not bigger than life

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:37 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:14 pm
AFCAT wrote:
kmax wrote:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:50 pm

coachouert wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:37 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:14 pm
AFCAT wrote:
kmax wrote:

Much like I was thinking, maybe less noticeable like the image of our goal posts slowly moving in one direction or the other. Or one like the cat that knocks around the guy's golf ball that is trying to putt.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:10 pm

coachouert wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:09 pm
damnyoutuesday wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coachouert wrote:

It does look basically the same. They are starting to put the actual screen in place and are making quick progress on that. The smaller scoreboard is in and brought to you by Billings Clinic. Will take pics going to/from campus when I can as visible progress is made.

Trying to remember what the SEZ scoreboard looked like before. NEZ scoreboard looks good.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:16 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:10 pm
coachouert wrote:
damnyoutuesday wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coachouert wrote:

Trying to remember what the SEZ scoreboard looked like before. NEZ scoreboard looks good.
It looked pretty much like that.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:40 pm

Looks like the play clock that was hanging down the bottom edge center still needs to be added.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:57 pm

Hopefully the darker colors in the background on the south east end zone will make it easier to see when the sun is getting low in the west

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:57 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:16 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:10 pm
coachouert wrote:
damnyoutuesday wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coachouert wrote:

It looked pretty much like that.
Do we need to get some grown up goal posts now?