NDSU/Griz semifinals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: NDSU/Griz semifinals

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:07 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 am
The receiver was also masquerading that he was a ref as he did the fake throw the flag move.
:lol: =D^

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:25 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:37 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:17 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:46 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:03 am
The offensive player initiated the contact. It’s not DPI.
The rule, not in these exact words as I don't have my rule book in front of me, is that an eligible receiver is a blocker until he is no longer a blocker, at which time he is making an attempt to become or has become a receiver. At that time, the defender is no longer allowed to maintain, or make new contact with th eligible receiver, otherwise it is deemed rerouting said receiver, holding, illegal contact, or defensive PI depending on where the ball is at the time of said contact. The fact the TE initiated contact first, while blocking, makes no difference.
So he can be a blocker until he decides not to be a blocker and because he's decided not to be a blocker its now pass interference? There was never an attempt to run a route, they disengaged and he fell down. For the love of god... It wasn't DPI. It was the dumbest play call on the planet, guessing House phoned it in for them.
I don't know why you're so angry about it. If you want, take it up with the NCAA rules committee. If a TE blocks to sell he's blocking, then disengages because it's actually a TE screen, are you saying it's ok for the defender to continue blocking/holding/restricting him because he blocked him to start? If you are, you're incorrect. That's a penalty. I'm not arguing it was a stupid call, but by the letter of the law, yes, a receiver can be a blocker, then disengage and no longer be a blocker, giving the DB the same contact rules against them as a receiver running a route straight off the line.
Bingo!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:33 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:58 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:50 am
GoGriz1023 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:09 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:28 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:46 am
Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:39 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:14 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:53 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:35 pm
Look at the ndsu receiver on the right and tell me if that's a penalty or not.

The quarterback handed the ball off, and the “receiver” was masquerading as a blocker on the trick play. That will never be called a penalty.
Never? Then a good defense against this would be to throw all the receivers to the ground.

Pretty dumb play call, though.
82 (TE) initiated contact with 8 (CB), 82 attempts to pull down 8 (offensive holding) and run through him, 8 keeps "clean hands" on 82 through play (within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage is legal), 82 loses balance - 8 disengaged - ball is thrown (in that order, which is important on the call).
The play looks fine to me, they're both engaged off the bat and they separate and the TE loses his balance. good no call imo, there were way more egregious penalties earlier in the game from both sides.
Sorry, but the TE doesn't lose his balance. He disengages to become a receiver, gets outside the DB and the DB holds on to him with his left hand, resulting in a pull down. That is 100% a penalty. Probably should have been called holding and not PI as the ball wasn't in there air yet.
wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but you're just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
Video proof is hard....even when the DB's jersey is clearly being ripped and then the TE trying to 'throw' the DB off...oh wait, doesn't matter, because the Griz won and THAT doesn't fit the narrative over in kittenville....
You might be the dumbest Griz fan in the history of the program. What an absolute stupid explanation. Didn’t know what you guys were talking about so I watched the video. This is called pass interference/holding 99 out of 100 times.
nah bruh, many cat posters agree it was the right call. but the overall state of denial and jealousy on this board is second to none and I'm loving every second of it.
Do you use the “bruh” comment during your daily conversations?. You do realize it makes you like you are 12.

I will admit to being jealous that you are in the national championship. Similar to how Gris fans were jealous a couple years ago when we played in Frisco. Heck, similar to how Gris fans were jealous when we played in multiple semifinals games over the past couple of years. The funny thing is though is that Cat fans many other things to be happy with, like enrollment twice as large as UM, major investments on campus that dwarfs UM and a more marketable degree. I am sure we will be okay even if the Gris win in Frisco.

I also was never insecure enough to go post on the Gris website when we were headed to Frisco…. Talk about little brother syndrome…..

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:35 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
The rule, not in these exact words as I don't have my rule book in front of me, is that an eligible receiver is a blocker until he is no longer a blocker, at which time he is making an attempt to become or has become a receiver. At that time, the defender is no longer allowed to maintain, or make new contact with th eligible receiver, otherwise it is deemed rerouting said receiver, holding, illegal contact, or defensive PI depending on where the ball is at the time of said contact. The fact the TE initiated contact first, while blocking, makes no difference.
So he can be a blocker until he decides not to be a blocker and because he's decided not to be a blocker its now pass interference? There was never an attempt to run a route, they disengaged and he fell down. For the love of god... It wasn't DPI. It was the dumbest play call on the planet, guessing House phoned it in for them.
I don't know why you're so angry about it. If you want, take it up with the NCAA rules committee. If a TE blocks to sell he's blocking, then disengages because it's actually a TE screen, are you saying it's ok for the defender to continue blocking/holding/restricting him because he blocked him to start? If you are, you're incorrect. That's a penalty. I'm not arguing it was a stupid call, but by the letter of the law, yes, a receiver can be a blocker, then disengage and no longer be a blocker, giving the DB the same contact rules against them as a receiver running a route straight off the line.
Where am I angry? I don't get the logic you're trying to use. The TE engages in a block, they disengage and he falls down. he wasn't pushed or pulled to the ground, never made an attempt to run a route, because he fell... not the defenders fault, and because in the TE's mind his was running a route its DPI?

Sorry, its not and it will never get called, which is why it wasn't.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:33 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:

The quarterback handed the ball off, and the “receiver” was masquerading as a blocker on the trick play. That will never be called a penalty.
Never? Then a good defense against this would be to throw all the receivers to the ground.

82 (TE) initiated contact with 8 (CB), 82 attempts to pull down 8 (offensive holding) and run through him, 8 keeps "clean hands" on 82 through play (within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage is legal), 82 loses balance - 8 disengaged - ball is thrown (in that order, which is important on the call).
The play looks fine to me, they're both engaged off the bat and they separate and the TE loses his balance. good no call imo, there were way more egregious penalties earlier in the game from both sides.
Sorry, but the TE doesn't lose his balance. He disengages to become a receiver, gets outside the DB and the DB holds on to him with his left hand, resulting in a pull down. That is 100% a penalty. Probably should have been called holding and not PI as the ball wasn't in there air yet.
wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but you're just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
Video proof is hard....even when the DB's jersey is clearly being ripped and then the TE trying to 'throw' the DB off...oh wait, doesn't matter, because the Griz won and THAT doesn't fit the narrative over in kittenville....
You might be the dumbest Griz fan in the history of the program. What an absolute stupid explanation. Didn’t know what you guys were talking about so I watched the video. This is called pass interference/holding 99 out of 100 times.
nah bruh, many cat posters agree it was the right call. but the overall state of denial and jealousy on this board is second to none and I'm loving every second of it.
Do you use the “bruh” comment during your daily conversations?. You do realize it makes you like you are 12.

I will admit to being jealous that you are in the national championship. Similar to how Gris fans were jealous a couple years ago when we played in Frisco. Heck, similar to how Gris fans were jealous when we played in multiple semifinals games over the past couple of years. The funny thing is though is that Cat fans many other things to be happy with, like enrollment twice as large as UM, major investments on campus that dwarfs UM and a more marketable degree. I am sure we will be okay even if the Gris win in Frisco.

I also was never insecure enough to go post on the Gris website when we were headed to Frisco…. Talk about little brother syndrome…..
bruh, thats wonderful that the investments and enrollment brings you great joy. Merry Grizmas bruh

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:13 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:11 pm
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

bruh, thats wonderful that the investments and enrollment brings you great joy. Merry Grizmas bruh
Thanks! Don’t be late for your shift at McDonalds!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:24 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:35 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Where am I angry? I don't get the logic you're trying to use. The TE engages in a block, they disengage and he falls down. he wasn't pushed or pulled to the ground, never made an attempt to run a route, because he fell... not the defenders fault, and because in the TE's mind his was running a route its DPI?

The bolded above makes you seem angry, unless you talk like that in your normal conversations all the time. It looks to me like the defender uses his left arm to continue pushing the TE to the ground after the disengagement. But that's just my opinion. It's fine you don't share the same view. I didn't watch the game, didn't see what else the refs missed, didn't miss etc. My commentary is on this one specific play, and the rule which would apply here. Once the TE disengages and it's clear it's now a pass play, he's a receiver by rule.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:30 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:24 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:35 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

The bolded above makes you seem angry, unless you talk like that in your normal conversations all the time. It looks to me like the defender uses his left arm to continue pushing the TE to the ground after the disengagement. But that's just my opinion. It's fine you don't share the same view. I didn't watch the game, didn't see what else the refs missed, didn't miss etc. My commentary is on this one specific play, and the rule which would apply here. Once the TE disengages and it's clear it's now a pass play, he's a receiver by rule.
This is where we disagree and I'll keep disagreeing. I agree once they disengage he's free to be a receiver, however he does not make a football move. They break and he immediately falls and I see nothing from the defender forcing him to the ground after the disengagement. And not angry, I just think it was the dumbest play imaginable to run, the griz D line was getting pushed around and was gassed, run it straight at them.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:09 pm

GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I'm just seriously dumbfounded that you're even posting here. Why have an argument with biased rivals? On their board??? You guys love to say "rent free", but this is the epitome. If you could just be happy with what your team is doing, you wouldn't be here. But you can't, because the Bobcats live in your head and they ain't paying rent. Pretty sure that's how that works.

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:09 pm
I'm just seriously dumbfounded that you're even posting here. Why have an argument with biased rivals? On their board???
Because the only thing BN loves more than Bobcat football is feeding the trolls. His intent is to get under someone's skin. And I bet the success rate here is 95% or greater. Definitely not a hobby I understand, but a very popular one for gris fans. I'd imagine we have some on our side of the fence but I have better things to do than visit egris.

Edit - spelling

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:13 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:

Ah yes, the classic " you work at McDonalds" insult. FYI my "McDonalds career" pays me 6 figures and supports a family of 5. But that's very high brow of you to make fun of people that actually do have to work jobs like that to make ends meet. You should be proud of that insult. It's very intellectual and effective. And it totally pertains to the discussion at hand. touché

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:44 pm

Most of the guys in Bobcat Nation are knowledgeable fans who are fun to talk football with, but the couple of guys who engage in name calling and insults seem pretty insecure and butt hurt without significant football knowledge. They are not the norm. Thank you.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:45 pm

D-Wreck wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I'm just seriously dumbfounded that you're even posting here. Why have an argument with biased rivals? On their board???
Because the only thing BN loves more than Bobcat football is feeding the trolls. His intent is to get under someone's skin. And I bet the success rate here is 95% or greater. Definitely not a hobby I understand, but a very popular one for gris fans. I'd imagine we have some on our side of the fence but I have better things to do than visit egris.

Edit - spelling
I get it, I'm just here to remind them that it's no different from the student section adding ESG-GCG to the fight song every week of the season. I think it's hilarious because it gets under their skin, but they think it's because they live rent free in our heads. The more it bugs them the more I like it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:27 pm
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Ah yes, the classic " you work at McDonalds" insult. FYI my "McDonalds career" pays me 6 figures and supports a family of 5. But that's very high brow of you to make fun of people that actually do have to work jobs like that to make ends meet. You should be proud of that insult. It's very intellectual and effective. And it totally pertains to the discussion at hand. touché
I just figured your liberal arts degree made you qualified for that occupation…. Didn’t know you could flip burgers and make $100,000+. Congrats!

Oh by the way, you forgot to comment on all the wonderful things going on at MSU!! Sure we will be okay if the Gris somehow win in Frisco. Must have been difficult times for you though when the Cats were in Frisco. Not much to feel good about with UM enrollment and layoffs and downsizing.

But thanks little brother for stopping over to gloat!! Has to be and empty life and a touch depressing when you have to post at BN to feel good about your success….

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:55 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:44 pm
Most of the guys in Bobcat Nation are knowledgeable fans who are fun to talk football with, but the couple of guys who engage in name calling and insults seem pretty insecure and butt hurt without significant football knowledge. They are not the norm. Thank you.
I’m sure you say the same about the majority of people who post on eGriz.

MT Logger
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MT Logger » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:48 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

I just figured your liberal arts degree made you qualified for that occupation…. Didn’t know you could flip burgers and make $100,000+. Congrats!

Oh by the way, you forgot to comment on all the wonderful things going on at MSU!! Sure we will be okay if the Gris somehow win in Frisco. Must have been difficult times for you though when the Cats were in Frisco. Not much to feel good about with UM enrollment and layoffs and downsizing.

But thanks little brother for stopping over to gloat!! Has to be and empty life and a touch depressing when you have to post at BN to feel good about your success….
Not to nitpick, but I think both schools have seen increased enrollment the last couple of years. I believe MSU had a record high enrollment this fall, and I think UM had their biggest increase since since 2009 if I'm not mistaken. Seems they are recovering from some tough years and MSU is continuing its rapid growth.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:22 pm

Yes, it’s pretty clear that when guys in here start calling other guys “dummy” and “idiot” and start talking about “McDonald’s” and “worthless” degrees, they want to talk about anything OTHER THAN football. We wish them good health and a stronger sense of self-esteem in 2024. Merry Christmas.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:33 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Sure you do. You are coming on here trolling like a high school kid and you want us to believe you have a job.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:56 pm

Yeah, but bruh? 🤣

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:02 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I'm just seriously dumbfounded that you're even posting here. Why have an argument with biased rivals? On their board??? You guys love to say "rent free", but this is the epitome. If you could just be happy with what your team is doing, you wouldn't be here. But you can't, because the Bobcats live in your head and they ain't paying rent. Pretty sure that's how that works.
Because, if the opposite were true (i.e. the Cats are going to the chipper), you're going to tell me Cat fans wouldn't be ALL OVER talking smack? And, besides, it's fun. Grew up a Griz, grad of UM, and kitties are the rival.