Choate to Nevada

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Choate to Nevada

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:51 am

Bocephus wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:55 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:36 pm
autocat wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:28 pm
Reno over Bozeman, got it :(
Must like the live gaming :-k
...and probably a pay raise.
Pay raise with lower cost of living, and Power 5(4) aspirations. Good career move.
Not sure why you would ruin a good thread by inserting logic into it. #-o :)

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:09 am

Is the assumption that she will be replaced or is there a chance they just have existing staff and/or student assistants/interns take it on and allocate the money somewhere else?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:35 am

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:09 am
Is the assumption that she will be replaced or is there a chance they just have existing staff and/or student assistants/interns take it on and allocate the money somewhere else?
I would hope they locate a good qualified replacement. I don't believe they can have students or interns do the job. I guess we will see how much Vigen values the position.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:44 am

Okay, so far I count these MSU connections to the UNR football staff. Is there anyone I'm missing?

1. Choate
2. Ioane
3. Armstrong
4. Thomas
5. Price
6. Patera

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:10 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:44 am
Okay, so far I count these MSU connections to the UNR football staff. Is there anyone I'm missing?

1. Choate
2. Ioane
3. Armstrong
4. Thomas
5. Price
6. Patera
Matt Lubick is widely expected to be named Nevada's OC once he finishes his medical treatments. Didn't play or coach for MSU but a strong family connection obviously exists!

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:25 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:35 am
coloradocat wrote:
I would hope they locate a good qualified replacement. I don't believe they can have students or interns do the job. I guess we will see how much Vigen values the position.
Patera wasn't just doing Nutrition for the Football Team. She was responsible for all DI sports at MSU. This wouldn't be a Vigen only decision.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:52 pm

kcatz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:25 pm
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Patera wasn't just doing Nutrition for the Football Team. She was responsible for all DI sports at MSU. This wouldn't be a Vigen only decision.
I wrote Vigen because the reason the position exists is because Choate made it happen and hired Patera. If Vigen wants the position to continue to exist, he will be key to the decision.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
They probably always had interns help but I thought the inclusion on this announcement was interesting.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:13 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:42 pm
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
They probably always had interns help but I thought the inclusion on this announcement was interesting.

Yeah, I saw that on Twitter too. I think those positions are for the folks working the fueling stations and on the sidelines/court side with hydration, but I’m not certain of that. An educated and registered dietician/nutritionist position really couldn’t be replicated by a student volunteer.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:17 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:52 pm
kcatz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
I wrote Vigen because the reason the position exists is because Choate made it happen and hired Patera. If Vigen wants the position to continue to exist, he will be key to the decision.
Nutrition is more important than a lot of people realize. North Dakota State has Sanford Medical Center handle their athletes blood type and nutrition needs. Let’s them maximize athletes red blood cells, strength, and conditioning. Hopefully we spend the money and do it right with the correct person. Choate made a great move one he brought a nutritionist on staff

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:08 pm

kwcat wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:17 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:52 pm
kcatz wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Nutrition is more important than a lot of people realize. North Dakota State has Sanford Medical Center handle their athletes blood type and nutrition needs. Let’s them maximize athletes red blood cells, strength, and conditioning. Hopefully we spend the money and do it right with the correct person. Choate made a great move one he brought a nutritionist on staff
Multiple coaches outside of football have also talked about how crucial it has been to have the full-time nutritionist on staff. I have very little doubt that the position will be refilled, hopefully they can find a great candidate who can continue the great work Brittney did while she was here.