MSU response

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

MSU response

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:09 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: MSU response

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:14 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:09 am
I’m all for it. Guess we gotta adjust. My only question is I can always remember how much of spring ball gets canceled, how are we going to have full practices outside in February or even March?

Time to start an indoor facility campaign :D

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 am

First class! Inspiring!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:14 am
Hawks86 wrote:
I’m all for it. Guess we gotta adjust. My only question is I can always remember how much of spring ball gets canceled, how are we going to have full practices outside in February or even March?

Great time to start an indoor facility campaign. Obviously it wouldn't get built in time, but it's so inspiring to see the dedication and sacrifice these guys have towards bringing a season to the table. This kind of attitude is what makes people want to donate. The program creates incredible people.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:53 am

Awesome job by everyone. Gotta be difficult. Looking forward to a crazy spring!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:19 am

So no fall games, but an 8-game spring schedule of only BSC games. Does the 4-game red-shirt rule still apply? Asking for a friend. His name is Troy. :D

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:23 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am
Bozcat003 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:14 am
Hawks86 wrote:

Great time to start an indoor facility campaign. Obviously it wouldn't get built in time, but it's so inspiring to see the dedication and sacrifice these guys have towards bringing a season to the table. This kind of attitude is what makes people want to donate. The program creates incredible people.
There are far greater financial concerns at present than a fundraising campaign for an indoor practice facility.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:06 pm

You guys know this means the spring season isn't going to happen either right? The China virus isn't going anywhere and it's constantly going to be used as excuse to cancel everything for the next 18-24 months. It is already happening that way. This is all about control, not public health, and if the public doesn't start pushing back on this more and immediately, things will never be the same. My $0.02.

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcatstan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:33 pm

I totally agree. We need to quit living in fear and start living again. It's funny how quick we obey what the govt tells us to do and follow the rules of county health leaders that have ZERO degrees in medicine or science. Please public , let's get back to normal

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:13 pm

Great video by the football and athletic departments. All well spoken young men with a great message. Daniel Hardy was super impressive with his message to mask up and do your part. Very well spoken young man!

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:17 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:06 pm
You guys know this means the spring season isn't going to happen either right? The China virus isn't going anywhere and it's constantly going to be used as excuse to cancel everything for the next 18-24 months. It is already happening that way. This is all about control, not public health, and if the public doesn't start pushing back on this more and immediately, things will never be the same. My $0.02.
here, here..... i'm starting with seat belts.... my body, my choice.....

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:21 pm

hokeyfine wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:17 pm
msuhunter wrote:
And I’m gonna drink and drive...my body, my choice..,

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Well.... I have been adamantly against the spring ball idea... but I suppose that it’s better than nothing.

Those first games could be a little interesting with the weather, ha.... but on the flip side, potentially having a nice, later spring weather game for cat-griz could be pretty cool.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:37 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:55 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:21 pm
hokeyfine wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
So that's a terrible comparison. If you drink and drive you are risking other peoples' lives. How the eff does my not wearing a seat belt risk other peoples' lives?

Also, I agree with MSUHUNTER. I think teams and conferences that have cancelled the Fall season need to tell the players that they're planning on playing in the Spring, just to offer some false hope to keep them around. This is especially true if other teams decide to play this Fall. If I'm a Senior, I might want to play my last year of eligibility.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:25 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:55 pm
iaafan wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
So that's a terrible comparison. If you drink and drive you are risking other peoples' lives. How the eff does my not wearing a seat belt risk other peoples' lives?

Also, I agree with MSUHUNTER. I think teams and conferences that have cancelled the Fall season need to tell the players that they're planning on playing in the Spring, just to offer some false hope to keep them around. This is especially true if other teams decide to play this Fall. If I'm a Senior, I might want to play my last year of eligibility.
Agree with MSUhunter that spring ball is a long shot and the virus will still be around because people like MSUhunter have decided to politicize the issue rather than grow up and deal with a public health issue like the dudes in the video.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:54 am

catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:

How the eff does my not wearing a seat belt risk other peoples' lives?
1) you become a projectile in your vehicle possibly injuring/killing other passengers.
2) you can’t stay behind the wheel to keep your vehicle in control allowing it to collide with other vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists.

I certainly hope people complaining about coronavirus safety measures are also complaining about transportation safety measures.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:51 am

I tend to think Spring ball is a long shot also. Here’s to hoping we’ll have an efficient vaccine and we’ll be able to gather this spring without jeopardizing friends and family.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 am

onceacat wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:25 pm
catatac wrote:
iaafan wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

Agree with MSUhunter that spring ball is a long shot and the virus will still be around because people like MSUhunter have decided to politicize the issue rather than grow up and deal with a public health issue like the dudes in the video.
If you're too dense to see that the MSM and politicians - on both sides of the aisle - were the very first to politicize this issue and use it as yet another tool to screw us over, then I don't know what to tell you.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:05 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."