Cal Poly's First Touchdown

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cal Poly's First Touchdown

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm
Speaking of questionable TD calls...

I couldn’t figure out how the play wasn’t whistled dead in the 4th qtr on that QB sneak. Don’t remember if it was their 3rd or 4th TD, but the guy went up the middle, was stood up and clearly stopped for a decent amount of time, and then kind of spun off the group and into the end zone.
You could tell everyone on the field was a little confused as to how they were signaling TD after making a pretty clear stop.

I don’t normally complain about the refs too much (even though they’re pretty damn bad at times), but that one was a head scratcher to me.
This was me on that play:

I thought he was clearly stood up. I don't remember what down that was, but I seem to remember they had at least a couple failed attempts prior. And then the BSC refs asserted themselves and did what they do best.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:15 pm

It was fourth down. It was their third TD.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm

I looked at the SWX feed on the DVR at noon, it doesnt show sh!t, I noticed the ref throwing his hat during the game and was surprised when he called a TD, but you cant tell what happens from the SWX feed

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.