Greg Filer back

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Greg Filer back

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 pm

From Gazette:

Filer was a preseason All-Big Sky Conference selection but was injured in fall camp and hasn’t played in a game yet this season.

“I think having him back and giving us some depth in the secondary will be huge,” Choate said. “Any time that you can get a guy that’s as good player as Greg back, it’s going to take (him) a little while to get into the flow of the game, but we’re excited to have him back in the mix.”

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Greg Filer back

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:15 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 pm
From Gazette:

Filer was a preseason All-Big Sky Conference selection but was injured in fall camp and hasn’t played in a game yet this season.

“I think having him back and giving us some depth in the secondary will be huge,” Choate said. “Any time that you can get a guy that’s as good player as Greg back, it’s going to take (him) a little while to get into the flow of the game, but we’re excited to have him back in the mix.”
Yep, that was awesome to hear. Sounds like he thinks it will take Filer some time to knock the rust off, catch up on the schemes, etc... but that he can get plugged in right away and play man, which I think could be huge against Sac.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Greg Filer back

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 pm

one thing that has been nice with Filer being out (looking at the glass half full), is that these last 6 games there have been a handful of young CB's getting a lot of game experience... which will only help going forward.

Glad to have Filer back! Once he gets settled back in, that is a huge addition to the defense. Go Cats!

FTG- GO CATS GO!