TA and Ifanse... should they redshirt???

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: TA and Ifanse... should they redshirt???

Post by Rich K » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Play them both.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:01 pm

It's a decision that, if even considered, will be made with input from the individual players, doctors, families, etc. Last year Coach Choate let Logan Jones ultimately make that decision. We're talking about it like it's just the coaching staff making a call...and we don't have nearly the same amount of information they do. It is an interesting question though, but one I know I wouldn't make given the amount of information I have at my disposal. If it's clear they won't be productive in the next 3 months, I guess you shut them down. If 4-6 weeks gets them healthy enough, I think they're playing.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Troy is Choate's favorite player. He's not going to pull him off the field for the rest of the season. II is more likely just due to our depth (and having Troy available to bail us out 4-5 times per game).

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm

I assume TA is going to the NFL after next year regardless. Might as well play him. Giving him some games off so he's healthier come playoff time might be sensible, but shutting him down to redshirt him will be pointless. He's not a five-year guy.

I actually kind of like the idea of redshirting Ifanse depending on how serious his injury is.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:50 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:57 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:06 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:57 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:44 pm
I think most people would say you are crazy. But there are definitely pros and cons to both.

I think redshirting Ifanse would be an easier decision than TA because our stable is performing great so far... ANNNNDDD, this is the key compenent in my eyes: He has only played in 2 games thus far. Even if we got him back healthy for the playoffs and he didn't play another snap before then he could still play 2 games in the playoffs and redshirts. TA on the other hand has now played in 4 I believe. And even if he gets back to say... 75% by November, there is no way in hell he redshirts. Who knows how it will play out but after watching TA gimp around like an 80 year old after every offensive play on Saturday I'm sure the conversation is being had.
I assume you are trying to be funny, but TA was not gimping around like an 80 year old. In some critical situations on offense, TA was still our number one option in his current state. He also did a great job in coverage on defense.

One thing is clear, TA needs time to get healthy. He was playing because TA injured is still capable of making significant contributions to our team. Anybody else in that same state of health would be in street clothes.

If I am Choate, TA and Ifanse does not see the field till after the bye week. We should be deep enough to beat our next two opponents minus TA and Ifanse. Our team is capable of a deep playoff run this year and a healthy TA and Ifanse could be the difference between quarterfinal and Frisco.
Maybe an 80 year old man was a bit too old. Maybe 65. I'm not saying he can't still go out there, make some nice runs and punish some guys like he did to #4, but you can't deny that he was hobbling big time after each run.
No question he is hobbled. I was amazed that he played another play after his 20 yard run. I thought he was seriously hurt. Quite frankly, I thought it was one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen from a Bobcat player. But a hurt Troy at 75% health may still be one of the top running backs in the Big Sky. To compare him to a senior citizen (even in a joking manner) is really a stretch...
C'mon man. I'm obviously not saying he is playing or running like one. He doesn't look like a healthy 20 year old when he gets up off the ground though. Not even close. But yes I would take TA at 75% over just about everyone else in the conference. He seems like he is far from 75% though.
Of course I recognize you are joking, but comparing him to an 80 year old guy seems in bad taste, especially when you believe he was playing hurt at less than 75% health.
Why is that in bad taste?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm confused. This isn't the Game Day thread, is it?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:17 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:55 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
I think most people would say you are crazy. But there are definitely pros and cons to both.

I think redshirting Ifanse would be an easier decision than TA because our stable is performing great so far... ANNNNDDD, this is the key compenent in my eyes: He has only played in 2 games thus far. Even if we got him back healthy for the playoffs and he didn't play another snap before then he could still play 2 games in the playoffs and redshirts. TA on the other hand has now played in 4 I believe. And even if he gets back to say... 75% by November, there is no way in hell he redshirts. Who knows how it will play out but after watching TA gimp around like an 80 year old after every offensive play on Saturday I'm sure the conversation is being had.
I assume you are trying to be funny, but TA was not gimping around like an 80 year old. In some critical situations on offense, TA was still our number one option in his current state. He also did a great job in coverage on defense.

One thing is clear, TA needs time to get healthy. He was playing because TA injured is still capable of making significant contributions to our team. Anybody else in that same state of health would be in street clothes.

If I am Choate, TA and Ifanse does not see the field till after the bye week. We should be deep enough to beat our next two opponents minus TA and Ifanse. Our team is capable of a deep playoff run this year and a healthy TA and Ifanse could be the difference between quarterfinal and Frisco.
Maybe an 80 year old man was a bit too old. Maybe 65. I'm not saying he can't still go out there, make some nice runs and punish some guys like he did to #4, but you can't deny that he was hobbling big time after each run.
No question he is hobbled. I was amazed that he played another play after his 20 yard run. I thought he was seriously hurt. Quite frankly, I thought it was one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen from a Bobcat player. But a hurt Troy at 75% health may still be one of the top running backs in the Big Sky. To compare him to a senior citizen (even in a joking manner) is really a stretch...
C'mon man. I'm obviously not saying he is playing or running like one. He doesn't look like a healthy 20 year old when he gets up off the ground though. Not even close. But yes I would take TA at 75% over just about everyone else in the conference. He seems like he is far from 75% though.
Of course I recognize you are joking, but comparing him to an 80 year old guy seems in bad taste, especially when you believe he was playing hurt at less than 75% health.
The kid just left blood, sweat and tears on the field in one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen. After one play, I thought Andersen was done for the season the way he was dragging his leg after getting tackled. Then anonymous poster compares him to an 80 year old guy. I understand it was a joke, but in my opinion, it was in poor taste.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:17 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

The kid just left blood, sweat and tears on the field in one of the gutsiest performances I have ever seen. After one play, I thought Andersen was done for the season the way he was dragging his leg after getting tackled. Then anonymous poster compares him to an 80 year old guy. I understand it was a joke, but in my opinion, it was in poor taste.
I too, am offended for all the 80 year old's out there being compared to Troy Anderson!!! :wink:

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:08 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

I too, am offended for all the 80 year old's out there being compared to Troy Anderson!!! :wink:
I too, am offended that a year or two ago you promised to refer to Troy AndersEn as TA after multiple misspellings of his last name. Please take no offence (or defence for that matter) :wink:

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:16 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:08 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

I too, am offended that a year or two ago you promised to refer to Troy AndersEn as TA after multiple misspellings of his last name. Please take no offence (or defence for that matter) :wink:
Well played! Mr. AndersEn deserves all due respect and proper spellings! :lol:

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:24 pm

Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

So it's the "gimp around like an 80 year old man" part that got you? Isn't that just a way of explaining what his injury looked like?

I think you're taking it a little too seriously. And I'm curious, did you see Andersen shed tears on the field? Because I didn't, and my seats are very close to the bench.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Get through Poly and Sac State and they will have 14 days off....

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:55 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

So it's the "gimp around like an 80 year old man" part that got you? Isn't that just a way of explaining what his injury looked like?

I think you're taking it a little too seriously. And I'm curious, did you see Andersen shed tears on the field? Because I didn't, and my seats are very close to the bench.
Yeah, your probably right. It is no big deal. I didn’t see any tears. I made that part up. Sorry Gruden. Glad you interjected your opinion.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

It probably would have been in better taste and more acceptable had I said he looked like Superman would with some kryptonite in his back pocket.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Others have said it but it looks like we truly do have talented depth at LB and RB obviously. Not saying we could beat NDSU with that depth at this point, but we certainly should be able to beat CP and SAC without those two, and Alleyne (for a half), and Filer, and Tucker III, and Jones, and whoever else is bange up right now. Then we get a bye, and then start evaluating who is healthy and ready to start coming back. Really need our best players healthy for the last two games of the regular season, and the next four after that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Interestingly enough, Troy was limping around much worse in the 1st half compared to the 2nd half. I have no explanation for this. Can anybody explain this?

Even after taking that hit where he was flipped & knocked that NAU dink dafuq out, he seemed to get up more chipper than before.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:55 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Yeah, your probably right. It is no big deal. I didn’t see any tears. I made that part up. Sorry Gruden. Glad you interjected your opinion.
Sorry, I just think it's in poor taste to lie about a prominent student athlete crying on the field.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:08 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:40 pm
Interestingly enough, Troy was limping around much worse in the 1st half compared to the 2nd half. I have no explanation for this. Can anybody explain this?

Even after taking that hit where he was flipped & knocked that NAU dink dafuq out, he seemed to get up more chipper than before.
Yea, Jim Brown used to get up after every run just like TA. I think it's just to tease the other team into thinking "thank God he's done" then he runs one up the middle for 20 on the next play.
I think Troy does whatever he wants, and Choate just asks him what he's s playing today!

2024 Resume dominance

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:05 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Sorry, I just think it's in poor taste to lie about a prominent student athlete crying on the field.
This. If we're going to get offended at an exaggeration to describe how he limped we need to get offended that the same person offended said Troy cried. Seriously Catoholic, do you see that? You sound like a soroity girl whining because she doesn't get to go to the Mediterranean with her friends she has to go to the Bahamas with her family for spring break. See what I did? I didn't call you that. I COMPARED you to one, but in reality really over-exadurated the comparison( which was poor to begin with but it's the best I could do at 5am) where no one really believes that's what you are one. You are neither a girl or in a sorority. Soni don't see what you were crying about here. Now again here, I don't think you ever shed a tear and cried. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.( you really can't put this post in any type of pipe and smoke it so please don't take it to mean you might try that or even that you smoke a pipe with either tobacco or wacky tobacky so please don't get offended by that)

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:32 am

lutecat wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:05 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

This. If we're going to get offended at an exaggeration to describe how he limped we need to get offended that the same person offended said Troy cried. Seriously Catoholic, do you see that? You sound like a soroity girl whining because she doesn't get to go to the Mediterranean with her friends she has to go to the Bahamas with her family for spring break. See what I did? I didn't call you that. I COMPARED you to one, but in reality really over-exadurated the comparison( which was poor to begin with but it's the best I could do at 5am) where no one really believes that's what you are one. You are neither a girl or in a sorority. Soni don't see what you were crying about here. Now again here, I don't think you ever shed a tear and cried. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.( you really can't put this post in any type of pipe and smoke it so please don't take it to mean you might try that or even that you smoke a pipe with either tobacco or wacky tobacky so please don't get offended by that)
No kidding. Cataholic gets his panties in a twist at even the faintest hint of a slight against any MSU player. Good criminey man, quite whining and complaining. Very unbecoming and it's gets REAL old, all the threads mucked up with your crybaby crap. #growapair

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: