The Official-unofficial BOBCAT-Naw game thread...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial BOBCAT-Naw game thread...

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:44 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:03 pm
I love how everyone flips on our qb after 1 game. Remember he has only started 5 times and today was miserable weather. How about give him more than a week to week tryout.
I’m not flipping out on him. It’s just that The O started to really click when Jonsen started running the O. Rovig is fine, it’s just that Jonsen can pretty much make the same set of throws (maybe at 90% of a Rovig) plus he’s a great runner. He averaged 9 yards per carry. I just think he’s too dangerous to waste split out without a consistently great QB to get him the ball.
Jonsen did great in this game. This was his best game of his career to date! =D^

That said, he can't make the throws that Rovig can, that's why he isn't playing QB! 8)

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:21 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:44 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:03 pm
I love how everyone flips on our qb after 1 game. Remember he has only started 5 times and today was miserable weather. How about give him more than a week to week tryout.
I’m not flipping out on him. It’s just that The O started to really click when Jonsen started running the O. Rovig is fine, it’s just that Jonsen can pretty much make the same set of throws (maybe at 90% of a Rovig) plus he’s a great runner. He averaged 9 yards per carry. I just think he’s too dangerous to waste split out without a consistently great QB to get him the ball.
Jonsen did great in this game. This was his best game of his career to date! =D^

That said, he can't make the throws that Rovig can, that's why he isn't playing QB! 8)
Jonsen played with a passion today that we haven’t seen from him. He turned 2 yard gains into 5 yard gains.

Unfortunately, Jonsen cannot make passes that either Rovig or Bauman can. It was clear from Jonsens passes today.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Crowd was good today. Good turnout even though though weather did not cooperate. And the crowd was loud! Still lots of empty seats at second half kickoff, but given the lousy conditions, I was just glad people turned out and made a difference making noise today.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:06 am

Nice pitch, catch, and run! No ducks allowed! =D^

It's so satisfying to FINALLY have a passing game as part of the Offense! 8)

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:48 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 pm
Crowd was good today. Good turnout even though though weather did not cooperate. And the crowd was loud! Still lots of empty seats at second half kickoff, but given the lousy conditions, I was just glad people turned out and made a difference making noise today.
Agreed! It was wet, windy, and freezing, but the crowd showed up stronger than I expected to see. Kudos Bobcat Nation!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:04 pm
Going to enjoy reading this game thread tonight. I made a wise decision a few years back to not overreact on these things mid-game! Go Bobcats!
It’s my favorite Sunday morning tradition. Grab myself a cup of coffee and come read through it. I more or less stopped posting in them.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:46 am

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am
MSU01 wrote:
Going to enjoy reading this game thread tonight. I made a wise decision a few years back to not overreact on these things mid-game! Go Bobcats!
It’s my favorite Sunday morning tradition. Grab myself a cup of coffee and come read through it. I more or less stopped posting in them.
Ditto that! It's actually hilarious reading the post--game Sunday Morning Armchair Quarterback's analysis of the prior game when they have no idea what the play call was, what scheme the coaches had the kids in, etc...kind of like reading the various apologists for a kids piss poor performance being contradicted by a family member (or friend of the family) who wants their "star" to get more playtime...

I just hope that next week the officiating crew keeps an eye out for the damn crackback blocks the NCAA took away from option teams and they get out of Cali without a lot of knees blown out...enforce no blocks below the waist outside the tackles and no further than five yards off the line of scrimmage!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:53 am

Was it just me and my Bobcat bias, or was there a ton of holding that wasn't called in this game? Particularly on Sterk and Amandre?

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:55 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:53 am
Was it just me and my Bobcat bias, or was there a ton of holding that wasn't called in this game? Particularly on Sterk and Amandre?
Or the blitzing lb(Jobman?) in the end zone! Marks was held constantly as well. Do we get away with so much? I KNOW I'm bias but it seems we get a lot of borderline calls against us.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:57 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:55 am
91catAlum wrote:
Or the blitzing lb(Jobman?) in the end zone! Marks was held constantly as well. Do we get away with so much? I KNOW I'm bias but it seems we get a lot of borderline calls against us.
On the play Cookus was running for his life in the end zone, the NAU running back actually tackled our guy who was pursuing Cookus. I swear the NAU guy even wrapped up when he tackled him😂😂😂

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:57 pm
technoCat wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:55 am
91catAlum wrote:
On the play Cookus was running for his life in the end zone, the NAU running back actually tackled our guy who was pursuing Cookus. I swear the NAU guy even wrapped up when he tackled him😂😂😂
Clear as day haha!

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:08 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am
MSU01 wrote:
Ha ha ha, same here! I have probably been guilty of snap\anger posting in the past when things aren't going well but geez, some of the people (You know who you are) on here really need to step away from the computer during the game. :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:05 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:33 am