Cat griz tickets

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cowgirlcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Cat griz tickets

Post by cowgirlcat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:34 am

Maybe I’m missing it somewhere, but I can’t seem to find the day tickets for Cat-Griz go on sale.

Thanks in advance

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cat griz tickets

Post by wbtfg » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 am

cowgirlcat wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:34 am
Maybe I’m missing it somewhere, but I can’t seem to find the day tickets for Cat-Griz go on sale.

Thanks in advance
I’m not sure they will.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:16 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 am
cowgirlcat wrote:

Thanks in advance
I’m not sure they will.
Tickets are offered to Bobcat Club and Alumni first through a lottery. Anything left would be sold to the general public. Alumni just had the lottery drawing last week. Not sure any will be left for general ticket sales.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:53 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:16 am
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 am
cowgirlcat wrote:

Thanks in advance
I’m not sure they will.
Tickets are offered to Bobcat Club and Alumni first through a lottery. Anything left would be sold to the general public. Alumni just had the lottery drawing last week. Not sure any will be left for general ticket sales.
Then that could mean another 19497+ at BOBCAT Stadium... We looked into tickets but the price was astounding. Will enjoy the game at the watch party in Spokane...

GOOOOOO BOBCATS!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

cowgirlcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cowgirlcat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 am

Wow! Glad I have season tickets, was going to try to get some for some friends but they might be outta luck!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:48 am

cowgirlcat wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 am
Wow! Glad I have season tickets, was going to try to get some for some friends but they might be outta luck!!
There are always people looking to sell.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:49 am

There will be re-sellers on Stubhub and Seatgeek offering tickets. Right now there are a number of tickets with the lowest price at $200 each. One person is asking $800+ for a ticket...

https://www.stubhub.com/montana-state-b ... =price+asc

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Has the Alumni contacted the winners of the lottery yet? I put in for it and haven't heard anything.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:37 pm

HiLineCat wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Has the Alumni contacted the winners of the lottery yet? I put in for it and haven't heard anything.
I was contacted so I would assume they have.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:49 am
There will be re-sellers on Stubhub and Seatgeek offering tickets. Right now there are a number of tickets with the lowest price at $200 each. One person is asking $800+ for a ticket...

Those are the "if someone is dumb enough to pay this much for my ticket I'll just watch at home" prices.

As with any second hand ticket market if you want to go to Cat/Griz and can't get first hand tickets just be willing to wait. The longer you wait the cheaper you can find tickets. I know a lot of people from here in Bozeman that for years would go to Missoula for Cat/Griz without a ticket. They'd hang out on by the bridge just as the game kicked off and then get a cheap ticket from someone that was desperate to just get it sold so they could get in to the game. Same thing can be seen happening here in Bozeman. We aren't big enough to have the "professional" scalpers really. A large percentage of the people selling tickets outside the stadium on gameday are people that are going to the game but happen to have an extra ticket or two they are hoping to make some money off of. They don't want to miss the game either, so just wait em out.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:17 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Those are the "if someone is dumb enough to pay this much for my ticket I'll just watch at home" prices.

As with any second hand ticket market if you want to go to Cat/Griz and can't get first hand tickets just be willing to wait. The longer you wait the cheaper you can find tickets. I know a lot of people from here in Bozeman that for years would go to Missoula for Cat/Griz without a ticket. They'd hang out on by the bridge just as the game kicked off and then get a cheap ticket from someone that was desperate to just get it sold so they could get in to the game. Same thing can be seen happening here in Bozeman. We aren't big enough to have the "professional" scalpers really. A large percentage of the people selling tickets outside the stadium on gameday are people that are going to the game but happen to have an extra ticket or two they are hoping to make some money off of. They don't want to miss the game either, so just wait em out.
Great advice! Especially if the roads/weather are/is bad...
Last edited by The MICKSTER on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:43 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Yep you can literally do this every single year. Don't ever be scared of missing out and paying those stupid prices. I know if you don't have tickets it can be scary waiting that long. But they'll be there like always

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:32 pm

If you are a single 25 year old, then the "wait'em out" game works fine. If you're a family of 4 driving from out of town and you wanna make sure you all sit together, then that's not really a good solution. Just FYI; not sure of your particular situation.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:57 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:32 pm
If you are a single 25 year old, then the "wait'em out" game works fine. If you're a family of 4 driving from out of town and you wanna make sure you all sit together, then that's not really a good solution. Just FYI; not sure of your particular situation.
I can completely understand that. As someone above mentioned it can be scary to do but it can still happen. I wouldn't say waiting until kickoff in that case is a good idea, but you can still find a group often times an hour before the game. But the general advice of waiting is still valid, even if you want to get them online prior to travel. As it is now, the early online tickets are trying to fish for people willing to overpay. As we get closer those people that paid $80 a ticket with the dreams of making a ton of money off of them start to worry they will eat the tickets and will lower prices down near face value online.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:03 am

The year we broke the streak, I was waiting along the fence in wa/griz and someone came by and offered me a $20 ticket. He had bought it for $10. Strange things can happen.

Another year is the zoo, it was freezing cold. Roads were the worst they've ever been. One of the years DM played. I was on my way over the divide and a buddy called me and asked if I knew anyone that wanted tickets. His roommate's uncle had bought her tickets and it was too cold for her and her boyfriend to want to go so I bought the tickets at face value of $60. He came up and used the other one since I had a place he could stay. Also that game, I will always remember a little old lady that we passed on the way in at game time saying, "4 free tickets for grizzly fans".