The Official-unofficial BOBCAT-WIU game thread...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: The Official-unofficial BOBCAT-WIU game thread...

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 pm

utucats wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:39 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:35 pm
Unacceptable that our redshirt Freshman QB in his third start (2nd on the road) is still making mistakes. If he's not NFL-ready now will he ever be? :roll:
The only thing consistent is that BN will complain about our QB if he isn’t perfect. Did CB look great? Obviously not but, as you pointed out, he’s in his 3rd start.

BN wants Rovig and apparently the coaches aren’t near as smart as the kids with a keyboard.
It's funny because a month ago Rovig was the most unwanted man in Bozeman.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:41 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:37 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:34 pm
What happened on the interception return for a TD? I heard the touchdown call, no mention of flags on the radio broadcast when I got out of the car to do something. Get back in, no touchdown. I know it was a penalty, but what happened?
Holding. Not surprising once he crossed back into the middle of the field.
On the replay there was no holding "behind the play" as both Marks and his guy were both running together trailing 10 yards back of the play...but the call was made as a hold.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:41 pm

I usually like to watch a replay of the Cat games at least once but I believe I'll pass on this one.
That was butt ugly all the way around by both teams. So many mindless idiotic penalties.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm

utucats wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Unacceptable that our redshirt Freshman QB in his third start (2nd on the road) is still making mistakes. If he's not NFL-ready now will he ever be? :roll:
The only thing consistent is that BN will complain about our QB if he isn’t perfect. Did CB look great? Obviously not but, as you pointed out, he’s in his 3rd start.

BN wants Rovig and apparently the coaches aren’t near as smart as the kids with a keyboard.
I'm looking for Bauman's first 300 yard game next week against Norfolk. =D^

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Wow, it wasn't pretty, but good teams sometimes win ugly. It sounds to me like a little home cooking.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

remember the SCOOP!
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by remember the SCOOP! » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:46 pm

The Cardiac Cats never really left...always lurking in the shadows! I’ll take the win.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm

SonomaCat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:21 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:18 pm
Who is this Kasin guy they keep mentioning? Also, Coach Coat?
How did these guys get a broadcast gig? It makes ESPN look awful. Now to the 2 minute warning???
They're fine for a local broadcast with zero production value ... particularly given that only a few thousand people are watching.
Watching the Jacksonville State-EWU game right now. Much better commentators. Regarding the WIU broadcast, you would think that ESPN would have some criteria when allowing a production team to carry their ESPN brand.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:34 pm
What happened on the interception return for a TD? I heard the touchdown call, no mention of flags on the radio broadcast when I got out of the car to do something. Get back in, no touchdown. I know it was a penalty, but what happened?
I think I overheard one of the officials say number 7 on the holding call. Number 7 made the recovery on the touched ball the next time we punted so I guess he redeemed himself some. Lots of ugly in that game. As I said in another post I think I'll pass on watching the replay.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm

utucats wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Rovig is not the answer. You have a kid sitting on the bench that can make those passes and doesn’t get rattled or make mistakes. He was recruited by Coles though so will probably never see the field.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 pm

You would think we would know how to return kicks without getting flagged, we get at least one big example a game...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:59 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm
utucats wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Rovig is not the answer. You have a kid sitting on the bench that can make those passes and doesn’t get rattled or make mistakes. He was recruited by Coles though so will probably never see the field.
If you're referring to #14 I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got that's for sure.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:02 pm

The GB&U thread might hit 100 pages this week.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:59 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm
utucats wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

If you're referring to #14 I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got that's for sure.
[/quote

Yes, that is who I am referring. He is a gamer. Will find a way to make a play happen. He played in big games in high school and was a winner. That’s what Coles saw in him

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Well, it wasn't pretty, but we won!

WIU was better than I thought, but man, we sure played bad. But we won!

Defense was awesome. Logan Jones was awesome.

OL was just ok.

Bauman was terrible after the first series. He can/will get better, and win the job for a reason, but he was as really bad today.

Anyways, we played bad and still won. That's what good teams do. We saw the Griz do it for years. Let's all just be glad we won, and got out, injury free.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:09 pm

One of the most difficult games I’ve ever had to listen to. MSU needs to quit scheduling early non-conference games anywhere below the 45th parallel. :wink:

But that’s how I expected the game to go. WIU has a heritage of good football. They’re not great, but they’re consistently in the hunt. They smoked UM years ago in a playoff game. I think they’ve beat the Griz three straight, but have lost to MSU four straight.

WIU had won 12 straight home non-conference games and was 34-4 in home non-conference games since 1999.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:10 pm

There was a competition between 3 QB's for the job. Beltran didn't win. He didn't get 2nd. He got 3rd. I know the backup is always the most popular bc they're an unknown quantity, but trust the coaches. They're not going to keep a guy on the bench bc he got recruited by a former coach. That's just crazy talk. Be reasonable and logical here people. Please.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:12 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:10 pm
There was a competition between 3 QB's for the job. Beltran didn't win. He didn't get 2nd. He got 3rd. I know the backup is always the most popular bc they're an unknown quantity, but trust the coaches. They're not going to keep a guy on the bench bc he got recruited by a former coach. That's just crazy talk. Be reasonable and logical here people. Please.
You’re obviously wrong. The code has been cracked as every kid that wins in high school and plays in big games will light the world on fire in college. Surprised you didn’t know that.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 pm

EWU has 59 seconds to go 75 yards for the win 49 45 jxst on top

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:14 pm

JXST pic! all it takes now is victory formation

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Idaho hanging with Wyoming. Guess you just never know. #AGS