Unsung Heroes

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bpcats20
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 am

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by bpcats20 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:57 am

Kane Ioane- it is one thing to have players and another to put them in position to win and make the adjustments to keep it up. Around 30% 3rd down conversion rate against a top 20 Qb is not too bad.



FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 am

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:29 am
I’m going to go with KTII, Karl Tucker2. Dude has assumed many rolls on this club since getting here. He ran with heart vision and power on his few rushes. He was rewarded for his efforts with a td and his team showed their appreciation after his score. It definitely takes a lot of guys to pull off a win in a college game, from the scout team to the trainers, coaches and stars. It truly is a team game that requires buy in from everyone. Nice win fellas!
This is spot on, Karl Tucker has been that unsung hero, it's the little the things he has done since he has been here. For him to get a TD last night was extremely exciting.



Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:16 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am
Who did you see step up? The obvious ones get their recognition and it is deserved, but who quietly showed up to play?

1. Snell- blocked well

2. Krone cowboyed up.

3. Derek Marks plays big for a small DT.

4. Hosey can play!
Good Work SBC ~ this should be a weekly thread !


Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:33 am

Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am

Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

rivercat
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by rivercat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:58 am

bpcats20 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:57 am
Kane Ioane- it is one thing to have players and another to put them in position to win and make the adjustments to keep it up. Around 30% 3rd down conversion rate against a top 20 Qb is not too bad.
SEMO's third down efficiency was actually 3-15 or 20%. Great job defense


"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3469
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Wait until they work on a pass from Jonson or Troy when the other team sells out on the run! Might as well give it a shot.


201...Bobcats kicking booty

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by AFCAT » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:19 pm

The crowd and the student section. Great energy and cheering during the game. Let’s keep that up all year!


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
tdub
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by tdub » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:09 pm

So far mentioned: 11 different players, 2 coaches, and the fans. If that doesn’t scream “team effort”, nothing will. That is the best part of watching this Bobcat team.


Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2274
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: A completely different country from Bobcat Country

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am
Who did you see step up? The obvious ones get their recognition and it is deserved, but who quietly showed up to play?

1. Snell- blocked well

2. Krone cowboyed up.

3. Derek Marks plays big for a small DT.

4. Hosey can play!
If we're naming 4, I pick (going from left to right)

1. Zach Redd

2. Denver Krone

3. Lewis Kidd

4. Connor Wood

The running game was effective no matter who was out there. So either the Bobcats have 8 playmakers who can run or they have 5 linemen doing their jobs.

Nothing against Mitch Brott but he's the one who has gotten recognition in the conference and nationally which makes him less unsung than the others. Plus he had the big penalty.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

bobcatbob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.



bobcatbob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:19 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance in a game at some point. The kid is a gamer.



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.



User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.
I just want to know why Beltran hasn't moved to running back?


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2274
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: A completely different country from Bobcat Country

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.
I just want to know why Beltran hasn't moved to running back?
That's not the way we do it here. We move our running backs to QB, not the other way around.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.
I just want to know why Beltran hasn't moved to running back?
Because while he might have mobility for a QB, he doesn't seem to be mobile enough to be a RB. And he's about 180, which ain't big.

Are you related?



superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Considering this would be a good weekly post, especially after wins, let’s lay ground rules from here on out. Nominate up to two players, one offense and one defense. I’ll do my best to keep track and we will see how it turns out. We will recognize the top two on each side of the ball each week. We will post results on Monday night



FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:28 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am
Who did you see step up? The obvious ones get their recognition and it is deserved, but who quietly showed up to play?

1. Snell- blocked well

2. Krone cowboyed up.

3. Derek Marks plays big for a small DT.

4. Hosey can play!
If we're naming 4, I pick (going from left to right)

1. Zach Redd

2. Denver Krone

3. Lewis Kidd

4. Connor Wood

The running game was effective no matter who was out there. So either the Bobcats have 8 playmakers who can run or they have 5 linemen doing their jobs.

Nothing against Mitch Brott but he's the one who has gotten recognition in the conference and nationally which makes him less unsung than the others. Plus he had the big penalty.
I gotta admit Brott(along with the offense) kept his (team) calm most of the game, SEMO defense was taking some pretty cheap shots, lots of BS after the play's.



FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:28 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am
Who did you see step up? The obvious ones get their recognition and it is deserved, but who quietly showed up to play?

1. Snell- blocked well

2. Krone cowboyed up.

3. Derek Marks plays big for a small DT.

4. Hosey can play!
If we're naming 4, I pick (going from left to right)

1. Zach Redd

2. Denver Krone

3. Lewis Kidd

4. Connor Wood

The running game was effective no matter who was out there. So either the Bobcats have 8 playmakers who can run or they have 5 linemen doing their jobs.

Nothing against Mitch Brott but he's the one who has gotten recognition in the conference and nationally which makes him less unsung than the others. Plus he had the big penalty.
I gotta admit Brott(along with the offense) kept his (team) calm most of the game, SEMO defense was taking some pretty cheap shots, lots of BS after the play's.



Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:30 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:28 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.
I just want to know why Beltran hasn't moved to running back?
Because while he might have mobility for a QB, he doesn't seem to be mobile enough to be a RB. And he's about 180, which ain't big.

Are you related?
Heck 99 - Maybe you could enlighten us all with your Grudenesque knowledge? You seem to know ore than everyone else. Not sure why this guy can’t like Beltran.



Post Reply