Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am

Sweet Caroline replaced YMCA a few years back for the song that the most annoying people in a stadium like to sing along with. Don't Stop Believing is in the process of overtaking it.

I'd add that people aren't going to a concert. They're not sitting there waiting to see what the next song is, they're just catching the music while they're (hopefully) preoccupied watching a good football game and/or hanging out with their friends. Hopefully every song that's played just gets people bobbing their head or singing along or just generally fired up. I've played a lot of music at a lot of high school games, and for the most part, you see adults getting into just about anything the kids like as long as it's not angry rap or screamo metal.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:38 am

Volbeat - 'The Devil's Bleeding Crown' for a 3rd down song

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 pm
Hells Bells on Third downs.
+1

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 am

Cledus wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:16 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:10 pm
...and please...no more Neal Diamond or Cotton Eyed Joe!
Neil Diamond is right up there with Springsteen..... Or should I say right DOWN there. Both make my skin crawl.
I like Neil Diamond, but I'm with you on Springsteen. I'd rather have a football shoved up my ass sideways than listen to Springsteen.
YES, same here. Not on the football part but not a fan of The Boss.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:53 am

Think this may have been used some last year, but even so it is a great one probably for a timeout...would make a great soundtrack for a highlight type video, heck maybe it already was and that's where I know it from. :lol:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:58 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 pm
Pitbull "Don't Stop the Party" ...

"The Boys are Back" by the Dropkick Murphy's

"Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose" by T Powell

I too am one on the retire "Sweet Caroline" bandwagon! It's time... :)
LOVE the second one!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:10 am

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:12 am

Csquared
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Csquared » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 am

BABY SHARK!!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:17 am

Always though this would be a good runout song... not for us because our current one ROCKS!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:48 am

Dropkick Boys - The Boys Are Back a must have.

After victories, The Winner Takes It All by ABBA. Ok showing my age here......

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:52 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 am
Before the player introductions ---> Metallica (Ecstasy of Gold).
+1

Also, in the early 2000's when we were finally getting good, we would sometimes play Hell's Bells on 3rd downs (which I will put in my 2 cents that we should definitely be using that), but also would sometimes play the opening riff to GnR's Welcome to the Jungle, which was a great song to get people fired up and yelling on 3rd downs. Would love to see that too.

GO CATS GO!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Went down the youtube rabbit hole and came out with zero suggestions. Words of advice. Don't click on the snake bite video!

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm
Please keep Joker and The Thief for Kickoff. Such a great beginning to get fired up!

Can you elaborate as to why Hells Bells is no longer played on 3rd down? It was the perfect song for our incredible Defenses of the past. 2019s Defense could be legendary!

I really like the idea of a griz fan cam during the Cat/griz game. Switching from CEJ to Rick Astley. That would be epically hysterical!
Joker and the Thief is here to stay! Great question about third down song... the last two years, we've really made it a priority to let our defense choose the song(s) that get them the most fired up... it's just a balance to get the crowd hyped, but also make sure the guys actually getting these stops feel JACKED, and sometimes that's a particular song over crowd noise. Hope that helps...

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:54 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm
Please keep Joker and The Thief for Kickoff. Such a great beginning to get fired up!

Can you elaborate as to why Hells Bells is no longer played on 3rd down? It was the perfect song for our incredible Defenses of the past. 2019s Defense could be legendary!

I really like the idea of a griz fan cam during the Cat/griz game. Switching from CEJ to Rick Astley. That would be epically hysterical!
Joker and the Thief is here to stay! Great question about third down song... the last two years, we've really made it a priority to let our defense choose the song(s) that get them the most fired up... it's just a balance to get the crowd hyped, but also make sure the guys actually getting these stops feel JACKED, and sometimes that's a particular song over crowd noise. Hope that helps...

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

Are you trying to tell me that the PLAYERS get to dictate the music played before the fans?! This seems like a crazy idea to me....

SwaggerMcNulty
New Recruit

Post by SwaggerMcNulty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away https://youtu.be/Mr_uHJPUlO8

Turnovers.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 am
Some of you are getting really, really old. You just don't know it yet. Hells Bells? Hate to break it to you, but that's what? Thirty years old for Christ's sake! Play what the college kids listen to instead of worrying about what a bunch of middle aged people want to hear! None of the stadiums I went to last year not at MSU played sweet caroline except the ones in the Carolinas...geeezzzz...get into the 21st Century is all I'd like to hear blasting all across MSU and bugging the transplants upset about the noise shed! And increase the charge on the cannon after scores so it doesn't sound like a popcorn fart. Or eliminate because Charge One is embarrassing. Just crank it up for whatever you play and the kids will be there. Or you can keep is down so it sounds like an Old Folks Home. (Besides, the old folks are hard of hearing anyway...)
Hells bells will be 39 years old this October.

I think you make a good point and we really need to incorporate newer music and sort of change with the times. However I do think there are some songs that are exceptions to that. For example, “Mony Mony” was released 14 years before I was born but it was an essential part of many sports, and still continues to be. I always enjoyed it despite the fact that it was not a part of pop culture for me outside of sports (for the most part).

There is a certain vibe that you are shooting for in different moments of games and I think there is a very small fraction of songs that capture the right feel. Some songs take on a whole new life when paired correctly with sports.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 pm

There's not anybody who doesn't know and love Hells Bells at games.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 pm
And I may be mistaken here but isn't the reason they started doing Hells Bells on 3rd down was to remind people to ring the cowbells?

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:23 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 pm
Well.....I do, except I like For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica so much better in that situation.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable