Uniforms 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Uniforms 2019

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Count me in with Catsrgood.

Regardless of whether we have used the word (or similar) in the past, it’s a useless term that brings down the level of conversation and makes the whole board look bad. This board is centered on a university football team. In general, we have conversations that are commensurate with that level of dialogue (unlike certain other fan forums).

You are free to use whatever language you want. You are not free to do so without ever being criticized.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:01 pm
Fair enough, looks like I’m outnumbered on that one...
I can honestly say I’ve never been accused of being a snowflake or easily offended person.

I think there is a difference between being offended by everything (which I wholeheartedly agree there is way too much of these days) and calling someone out for using a very dated and pretty much universally agreed upon term that is, at best, ignorant.

But maybe that’s just me...

Anyway, back to football
My comments are not really directed at you, it's everything about being offended by the wind blowing from the west. My only thing with you was that you were the one to call it out to start with, now now want to take your ball and go home. You can't start something and not expect a response. You are right about us dropping this though, we have qb's to analyze.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:20 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 pm
Count me in with Catsrgood.

Regardless of whether we have used the word (or similar) in the past, it’s a useless term that brings down the level of conversation and makes the whole board look bad. This board is centered on a university football team. In general, we have conversations that are commensurate with that level of dialogue (unlike certain other fan forums).

You are free to use whatever language you want. You are not free to do so without ever being criticized.
I agree with both of you 100%. There is a huge difference between being offended by almost everything (and I agree that many on the left are sometimes guilty of this), and believing that almost nothing should be considered offensive (and many on the right are sometimes guilty of this).

Back to the uniforms, I'd love to see throwbacks from 1976 or 1984 make an appearance for one home game this season. I also really like the Cats script logo for the helmets. I'd like to see some version of that in any color combination, as one of our regular helmet options, not just as a one time thing if we wore 1984 throwbacks for a game. I"m not a big fan of having a bunch of alternate uniforms in general, but I do like the idea of wearing throwbacks for one game every season.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Well they rolled out the same unis as last fall yesterday- although that means nothing.

On a side note, it is beyond me why MSU hasn’t leveraged its ties to Nike through Nico Harrison. On SacCat’s interview with Nico, he alluded to making MSU a Nike program.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:26 pm
Well they rolled out the same unis as last fall yesterday- although that means nothing.

On a side note, it is beyond me why MSU hasn’t leveraged its ties to Nike through Nico Harrison. On SacCat’s interview with Nico, he alluded to making MSU a Nike program.
Since the connection is clearly there, I would guess both sides are too far apart on the business side of things. It’s also my understanding there’s a C-suite dude at Nike with griz ties. Maybe he has some influence in Nike only being at one school and not both.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:44 pm

I like our tie to Under Armour. I think they make good stuff. Unless there is financial benefit I’m not sure why we would switch.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:00 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am
allcat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:47 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:30 pm
The old school Cats script & the cat logo with the US flag are the two best helmet decals in my opinion. I'm of the opinion our old school uniforms are badass too.

I actually like when we've gone spartan all white with our unis too under Choate.

Other than that I'm good with our unis, so long as we don't try to go gayass, try-hard Oregon or completely redesign our uniforms like the jizz did back in the 90s when they completely changed their school colors for marketing purposes.
Careful, your bigotry’s showing...
Yes never ever say anything even remotely controversial, unless it demeans a Conservative. You should be ashamed and move to Portland.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that most people that post here aren’t 12 years old. Find a different term to use to put something down besides “gayass”. It’s that simple. Using terms like that to put something/someone down show a very simple and immature mind. Has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal, as you seem to imply by saying move to Portland.

Dumb comments like that are going to be called out just the same as if someone were to say something dumb about the coaches or football team.
Someone’s feelings got hurt. Better shut the thread down.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:22 pm

A little surprised to see more people defending the guy using the phrase gayass than the one calling him out on it.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Thoughts and prayers.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:00 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am
allcat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:47 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:30 pm
The old school Cats script & the cat logo with the US flag are the two best helmet decals in my opinion. I'm of the opinion our old school uniforms are badass too.

I actually like when we've gone spartan all white with our unis too under Choate.

Other than that I'm good with our unis, so long as we don't try to go gayass, try-hard Oregon or completely redesign our uniforms like the jizz did back in the 90s when they completely changed their school colors for marketing purposes.
Careful, your bigotry’s showing...
Yes never ever say anything even remotely controversial, unless it demeans a Conservative. You should be ashamed and move to Portland.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that most people that post here aren’t 12 years old. Find a different term to use to put something down besides “gayass”. It’s that simple. Using terms like that to put something/someone down show a very simple and immature mind. Has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal, as you seem to imply by saying move to Portland.

Dumb comments like that are going to be called out just the same as if someone were to say something dumb about the coaches or football team.
Someone’s feelings got hurt. Better shut the thread down.
Na, I’m good. Just calling out ignorance. If you’re cool with that kind of talk, good for you, that’s your problem.

Feel free to look back at any of my prior posts, you won’t find any examples of me “getting my feelings hurt”. I’m calling it like I see it and I see that as an ignorant, childish term that I don’t think has any place here, plain and simple.
Clearly not everyone agrees, but I believe many do.

Carry on.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:44 pm
I like our tie to Under Armour. I think they make good stuff. Unless there is financial benefit I’m not sure why we would switch.
I think we have a deal with Under Armour through Universal Athletics who is a big booster.

2024 Resume dominance

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:51 am

Off topic but how about better looking fab gear. The men’s clothing the last two years sucks and my wife has gotten all the nice looking stuff.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 am

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:51 am
Off topic but how about better looking fab gear. The men’s clothing the last two years sucks and my wife has gotten all the nice looking stuff.
Is that like “warm ups”?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:46 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 am
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Is that like “warm ups”?
=D^

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:46 am
DriscollCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Is that like “warm ups”?
=D^
Haha, that must have been a clever remark, if I wasn’t honestly asking, 😄. I’m lost in this conversation, what the heck is fab gear?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Is that like “warm ups”?
=D^
Haha, that must have been a clever remark, if I wasn’t honestly asking, 😄. I’m lost in this conversation, what the heck is fab gear?
I got some facebook ads with some pretty good looking hoodies and t shirts. They must be licensing a lot more than they used to.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 am

DriscollCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Is that like “warm ups”?
=D^
I think @Bsmithmsu meant fan gear and hit the wrong button, but maybe fab gear is a thing?

Like @allcat said below they must be licensing more. I have found some pretty good stuff the last few years online, so it just depends where you are looking. I find a diamond in the rough now and again on the clearance rack at Scheel's in Billings too, but I try to avoid that overpriced joke of a store usually.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 am
DriscollCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Is that like “warm ups”?
=D^
I think @Bsmithmsu meant fan gear and hit the wrong button, but maybe fab gear is a thing?

Like @allcat said below they must be licensing more. I have found some pretty good stuff the last few years online, so it just depends where you are looking. I find a diamond in the rough now and again on the clearance rack at Scheel's in Billings too, but I try to avoid that overpriced joke of a store usually.
Oh, hahaha! Thank you for clarifying @BleedingBLue

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:38 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 am
DriscollCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Is that like “warm ups”?
=D^

Yes typo. Should have been fan gear. I have found a couple nice items here and there but the apparel is either pretty blah or appealing to the Missoula type moving into Bozeman. Also you can only wear dark blue so many days out of the week.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:37 pm

This got me to thinking about some of my fan gear. I’ve never had a problem getting MSU stuff. I have around 20 MSU hoodies alone with the oldest being 37 years old. I also have an original MSU 1984 National Champs jacket and one of the NC t-shirts they sold that year. I can’t see getting rid of any of it. 8)

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter