Fall camp 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Fall camp 2019

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fall camp 2019

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:26 am

Really good read!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:31 am

Agreed...we are really lucky to have Choate as our head guy. He isn't going to cut any corners, and he's going to develop physically and mentally tough young men. To dip into the football bag of clichés, he's definitely a process over results type of guy. Hopefully the fans recognize the foundation and culture this process is building.

mongoo99
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mongoo99 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:47 am

Speaking of fall camp 2019, I assume it starts August 5. Anyone know of a different date?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am

mongoo99 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:47 am
Speaking of fall camp 2019, I assume it starts August 5. Anyone know of a different date?
I read somewhere it starts August 1 or 2 but I can't seem to find it now.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am
mongoo99 wrote:
Thought report date was by 3 Aug and started Monday

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 am
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am
mongoo99 wrote:
Thought report date was by 3 Aug and started Monday
First practice is August 2 at 3:45.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:43 am

mongoo99 wrote:
Says in the first article it starts this Friday.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am

I just love this guy and I'm so glad he's in Bozeman. We've all seen faster turnarounds, but this one is steady and, in my opinion, sustainable. Fast turnarounds usually happen because the coach is such a genius schematically that he doesn't even have to change the culture. Then that guy leaves and the program takes a step back. Maybe Choate doesn't have that schematic brilliance, but I think that's the best thing for MSU football. He had to overhaul everything, change the culture, get the right people, and the results are starting to really show.

I also think he's a head coach or nothing. He could do a lot of things, I'm sure, but I think the best use of his skills and abilities at this stage of his life and career are as a head coach. He could be a defensive coordinator and get a pay raise, and he might jump at that opportunity someday, but I think (and hope) he'll stick around until he gets an opportunity as a head coach. And I don't think he gets the opportunity to be a head coach at a bigger program until he completes this turnaround and competes for a couple national championships.

If I were him, I wouldn't waste my time with any move unless it was to a Power 5 program, and I wouldn't do it for anything but a head coaching position. He just has too much to offer. Right now I don't think anybody at that level is rolling the dice on him but you better believe he's on some schools' radars. Fortunately for us, he will have set this program on the right trajectory. It's a great time to be a Bobcat!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am
I just love this guy and I'm so glad he's in Bozeman. We've all seen faster turnarounds, but this one is steady and, in my opinion, sustainable. Fast turnarounds usually happen because the coach is such a genius schematically that he doesn't even have to change the culture. Then that guy leaves and the program takes a step back. Maybe Choate doesn't have that schematic brilliance, but I think that's the best thing for MSU football. He had to overhaul everything, change the culture, get the right people, and the results are starting to really show.

I also think he's a head coach or nothing. He could do a lot of things, I'm sure, but I think the best use of his skills and abilities at this stage of his life and career are as a head coach. He could be a defensive coordinator and get a pay raise, and he might jump at that opportunity someday, but I think (and hope) he'll stick around until he gets an opportunity as a head coach. And I don't think he gets the opportunity to be a head coach at a bigger program until he completes this turnaround and competes for a couple national championships.

If I were him, I wouldn't waste my time with any move unless it was to a Power 5 program, and I wouldn't do it for anything but a head coaching position. He just has too much to offer. Right now I don't think anybody at that level is rolling the dice on him but you better believe he's on some schools' radars. Fortunately for us, he will have set this program on the right trajectory. It's a great time to be a Bobcat!
I agree 100%.
I was here supporting Choate during the hiring process (full disclosure, I've known him for a while), and thought that he was the best candidate. Just about everything I've seen since then confirms for me that he is/was the man for the job.

These articles may be overly positive, but I believe that we are all learning more about the man, what drives him to coach, how he coaches, and more importantly how he develops men. I'm very happy he is the HC of the Bobcats.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:34 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am
Wow, quite a glowing report.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:

I agree 100%.
I was here supporting Choate during the hiring process (full disclosure, I've known him for a while), and thought that he was the best candidate. Just about everything I've seen since then confirms for me that he is/was the man for the job.

These articles may be overly positive, but I believe that we are all learning more about the man, what drives him to coach, how he coaches, and more importantly how he develops men. I'm very happy he is the HC of the Bobcats.
Got to golf and visit with a couple of past grizz coach's this summer, if they had more pull , Coach Choate would have been at um,
glad the powers that be, missed on that one. They like the Cats now EXCEPT for the Cat griz game.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:18 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am
HelenaCat95 wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

I agree 100%.

Got to golf and visit with a couple of past grizz coach's this summer, if they had more pull , Coach Choate would have been at um,
glad the powers that be, missed on that one. They like the Cats now EXCEPT for the Cat griz game.
Stitt happens.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:25 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:18 pm
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 am
HelenaCat95 wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

I agree 100%.

Stitt happens.
LOL~ No Stitt

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm

I see the roster has been updated with some of the incoming freshman. Any word on who didn’t show up? :|

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:34 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm
I see the roster has been updated with some of the incoming freshman. Any word on who didn’t show up? :|
At this point the roster won’t have everyone on it since schools are limited to 95 players on the roster. That doesn’t mean that they didn’t show up. I think everyone will show up. They almost always do. They aren’t holding out for a bigger contract.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Just did a quick look and their are lots of signing day guys not yet on the online roster. I assume it's still a work in progress.

Caturday
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Caturday » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Not sure it means a whole lot since we know how well they keep the roster updated, but I see Jabbari is still listed on the team. Anyone know if he is actually going to be able to play? A healthy Jabbari would sure help give a big target to our new QB.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Caturday wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:52 pm
Not sure it means a whole lot since we know how well they keep the roster updated, but I see Jabbari is still listed on the team. Anyone know if he is actually going to be able to play? A healthy Jabbari would sure help give a big target to our new QB.
Nobody knows yet. Hasn’t been ruled out.