Superman?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

5yearfreshman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Superman?

Post by 5yearfreshman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:17 am

Anyone know the status of Troy and how his ankle has healed?

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Superman?

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm

5yearfreshman wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:17 am
When did he hurt his ankle?

2024 Resume dominance

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm
5yearfreshman wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:17 am
When did he hurt his ankle?
Ya, really? I we thinking he had an arm or shoulder injure, can't remember if any surgery?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Looks fine in the last picture.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Yea, it was his shoulder. That's why he didn't do all of spring ball. Normal in season wear. Since he is plug 'n play, he really doesn't need spring ball.

2024 Resume dominance

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Josh Hill also appears ready to roll this fall. I've heard he's going to give it a go. If so, he will bring much needed experience and talent at either the Will or Mike linebacker position.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:42 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Hawks86 wrote:

Josh Hill also appears ready to roll this fall. I've heard he's going to give it a go. If so, he will bring much needed experience and talent at either the Will or Mike linebacker position.
Great news \:D/

2024 Resume dominance

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 pm

I seem to remember Andersen tweaking his ankle or knee during the season, but I don't believe it required surgery.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:55 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 pm
I seem to remember Andersen tweaking his ankle or knee during the season, but I don't believe it required surgery.
Yup. Just cleaned up the shoulder.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

That is awesome news!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:13 pm

Yeah, I thought it was against Idaho, but it was Cal Poly.

From Skyline.

"BOZEMAN — Bobcat Stadium let out a collective concerned sigh as Troy Andersen strung a run toward the Cal Poly sideline, his left knee twisting as he was slowly taken to the turf by safety Kitu Humphrey.

Montana State’s prodigiously talented running quarterback gingerly jogged to the sideline, then into the team room for the last few minutes of the first half. True freshman Casey Bauman played his first college snaps to finish the first half.

Andersen returned to the game after halftime, still appearing hobbled and running the ball much less often than normal. MSU’s 28-14 halftime lead ballooned to 42-14 after a pair of forced fumbles led to two Isaiah Ifanse touchdowns."

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:53 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

So if it's questionable whether he's back to 90 to 100%, maybe they can roll without him for a few weeks and then work him in slowly so he's healthy at end of season? Maybe that's not how these things work.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:53 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

So if it's questionable whether he's back to 90 to 100%, maybe they can roll without him for a few weeks and then work him in slowly so he's healthy at end of season? Maybe that's not how these things work.
Could be like a Grant Collins situation last year. However, I believe the linebacker depth is much improved compared to last year so if Josh does have to rest...shouldn't be too big of a deal for a few games.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Right on. So let me throw this Q out there although it's probably in a different thread if I went hunting for it. Also hopefully not derailing the thread too much since it's related to Superman! What is your current projection for two deep at all three LB spots given what we know now.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:38 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:31 pm
Right on. So let me throw this Q out there although it's probably in a different thread if I went hunting for it. Also hopefully not derailing the thread too much since it's related to Superman! What is your current projection for two deep at all three LB spots given what we know now.
1st Team
Sam - Troy Andersen
Mike - Michael Jobman or Josh Hill
Will - Josh Hill or Michael Jobman

2nd Team
Sam - Daniel Hardy
Mike - Callahan O'Reilly or Nolan Askelson
Will - Chad Kanow or Tadan Gilman

Additional competition will come from Jory Choate (SLB/WLB), Blake Flovin (WLB/MLB), Walker Cozzie (WLB/MLB), and Jaharie Martin (MLB).

If Josh can't go, there will be healthy competition at the Will and Mike spots. Regardless, it will be a competitive bunch hungry for playing time. Also, a deep LB group usually means a deep special teams group...which is always a good thing.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:45 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:38 pm
catatac wrote:
1st Team
Sam - Troy Andersen

2nd Team
Sam - Daniel Hardy

Additional competition will come from Jory Choate (SLB/WLB), Blake Flovin (WLB/MLB), Walker Cozzie (WLB/MLB), and Jaharie Martin (MLB).

If Josh can't go, there will be healthy competition at the Will and Mike spots. Regardless, it will be a competitive bunch hungry for playing time. Also, a deep LB group usually means a deep special teams group...which is always a good thing.
Are you thinking no red shirt for Jaharie, even with the 4 game rule?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:00 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:45 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:38 pm
catatac wrote:
1st Team
Sam - Troy Andersen

2nd Team
Sam - Daniel Hardy

Are you thinking no red shirt for Jaharie, even with the 4 game rule?
I still think he redshirts...only because there is good depth in front of him. And I only think he really fits at Mike so he would have to be better than about five of the other Mike linebackers...which I don't believe he is as of yet. However, this will all get sorted out fairly quickly in fall camp.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:53 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Could be like a Grant Collins situation last year. However, I believe the linebacker depth is much improved compared to last year so if Josh does have to rest...shouldn't be too big of a deal for a few games.
You can say that again - I thought that was our weakest group on D last year. It looks a lot stronger and deeper this year plus we still have to see how Flovin stacks up.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:39 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

That makes me nervous. Going to give it ago. That doesn't inspire too much confidence. I hope he doesn't jeopardize his long term health.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:41 am

So why the picture of Casey Bauman?