Do We Need Another Washington DT

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Do We Need Another Washington DT

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Cuz there's one available...

https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 133760756/

I assume not, I hope Choate learned his lesson last time about taking a transfer who was previously dismissed for violation of team rules. But nothing would surprise me.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Do We Need Another Washington DT

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:40 pm

I assume not, I hope Choate learned his lesson last time about taking a transfer who was previously dismissed for violation of team rules. But nothing would surprise me.
Every situation is different. Hard to know why he was dismissed and what the situation was leading up to the dismissal. Choate and obviously Kane have strong ties to the current UW staff, and because of those ties I totally trust them.

The bigger question might be whether or not we have any available $$

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm
CelticCat wrote:

Every situation is different. Hard to know why he was dismissed and what the situation was leading up to the dismissal. Choate and obviously Kane have strong ties to the current UW staff, and because of those ties I totally trust them.

Well, if Dominic Brown isn’t showing up, then there is probably money available.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

oldmancat
New Recruit

Post by oldmancat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Dom Brown will be in Bozeman- mark it, dude...done deal.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Was that Patu kid committed to the Griz for a while? I feel like I remember that.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Fwiw, Choate does follow him on the good ol Twitter. Don't know when he started. He does not follow Choate.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Looking at the good ol' twitter, too, looks like there were three schools he was considering, Boise, WSU, and Utah. He ended up committing to Utah. Then a few months later UW comes knocking and decommits from Utah and 6 days later changes committment UW. All the schools involved in the finals steps of his recruiting have been great programs recently. Now, the fact that he was dismissed from the team, I agree, does not look good for him or really on MSU's program if Choate decides to bring him on board and he flops. However, there's the flip side that could change all of our opinions about the past and picking up players with questionable history. I guess we'll see what happens.

Side note: Looks like he was a running back in high school. Has some pretty quick feet. If he has those quick feet and moves at almost 300lbs he's be a force to be reckoned with.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:01 pm
Was that Patu kid committed to the Griz for a while? I feel like I remember that.
Looks like they had him out for a visit but he took the PWO option at UW.

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:42 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Well, if Dominic Brown isn’t showing up, then there is probably money available.
What is going on with Mr. Brown?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am

stevo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:42 am
AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Dom Brown? He was a corner signing out of California who decided to purse junior college instead of coming to MSU this fall. But hopefully people can put two and two together on what that means.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 am

stevo wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

This, but there may or may not be a change of plans.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:24 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 am
stevo wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

This, but there may or may not be a change of plans.

What's the newest news?? :D

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am
stevo wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Dom Brown? He was a corner signing out of California who decided to purse junior college instead of coming to MSU this fall. But hopefully people can put two and two together on what that means.
Perhaps I'm slow, but does that mean it's a grades issue?
Last edited by 91catAlum on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Why wouldn’t Choate try and bring these kids in? They are coming from a place he has been and a system he uses. We are fools if we don’t at least reach out to them and try and bring them in.

Punters are people too!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Why wouldn’t Choate try and bring these kids in? They are coming from a place he has been and a system he uses. We are fools if we don’t at least reach out to them and try and bring them in.
It depends on the reason he was dismissed from his team, don't you think?

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:02 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
yeah, the other UW kid that was released for violating team rules.
http://skylinesportsmt.com/former-msu-d ... ossession/

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:29 am

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm
GoCats18 wrote:

Well, considering that Choate came from there and knows the coaching staff very well, if it is for a serious thing I am sure they would tell him that and he wouldn’t spend a second of his time going after him. Being that someone said he followed him on Twitter, it makes me think that maybe it wasn’t a very serious thing and that Choate has an interest in pursuing him.

Punters are people too!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:29 am
91catAlum wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

Well, considering that Choate came from there and knows the coaching staff very well, if it is for a serious thing I am sure they would tell him that and he wouldn’t spend a second of his time going after him. Being that someone said he followed him on Twitter, it makes me think that maybe it wasn’t a very serious thing and that Choate has an interest in pursuing him.
Ya you could be right, it's interesting he follows him on Twitter. I just don't see Choate taking another risk on a transfer with possible character issues after the Hale/Gardenhire embarrassment. And rightfully so.
But it depends on what the issue was. I have no idea. But I know that talented guys don't get kicked off a team for minor issues.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:49 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:29 am
91catAlum wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

Ya you could be right, it's interesting he follows him on Twitter. I just don't see Choate taking another risk on a transfer with possible character issues after the Hale/Gardenhire embarrassment. And rightfully so.
But it depends on what the issue was. I have no idea. But I know that talented guys don't get kicked off a team for minor issues.
Do we even know when Choate started following him on Twitter? Was it a week ago or when the guy was still in high school?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:54 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:49 am
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 am

Do we even know when Choate started following him on Twitter? Was it a week ago or when the guy was still in high school?
Choate is wayyyyyy down on his follower list. Had to have been when he was in high school.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."