Preseason All Big Sky Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

codecat
Member # Retired

Re: Preseason All Big Sky Team

Post by codecat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:28 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am
RobertCats wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 am
Better representation than we had for last year's postseason all-conference nods, nice to see Konkol and Sterk getting respect. But I still don't get how Padmos keeps getting snubbed. Coffey is a good punter, but I would not trade Padmos for ANYONE in the conference, perhaps no one else in the FCS.
I agree on Padmos.
Me three - the young man seems to be able to match any situation needed.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:36 pm

codecat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:28 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am
RobertCats wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 am
Better representation than we had for last year's postseason all-conference nods, nice to see Konkol and Sterk getting respect. But I still don't get how Padmos keeps getting snubbed. Coffey is a good punter, but I would not trade Padmos for ANYONE in the conference, perhaps no one else in the FCS.
I agree on Padmos.
Me three - the young man seems to be able to match any situation needed.

You could probably argue that he was the mvp of last years Cat-griz game. I doubt the cats win, if not for his incredible punting, he pinned them deep like 3 times.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:52 am
so yes, I am biased... but there is not a running back in the league that I would rather have over Ifanse… (other then TA... ha). Seriously though, even with a pretty loaded backfield this year, I expect him to put up some very big numbers.

If he can stay healthy, I expect him to break the all time Bobcat career rushing yards record. Guy is legit!
I’ll call it right now. He won’t have as big of a year as last unless TA is standing close to him as QB. And that’s from someone who thinks Ifanse is a beast. Defenses couldn’t key him last year due to TA. Take that away and Ifanse will be less productive.
That’s true on one hand, but you have to consider that last year defenses were crowding the line knowing either Andersen or Ifanse we’re running it. This year they’ll have to account for the passing game, which will open things up for Ifanse.

You also need to take into account that Ifanse got to know the system better as the season rolled along. He only had 15 yards in his first two games. He had 691 in his last six games. 366 his first six, which included the Wagner game when he ran for 146.
Yeah I can't wait to see some legit play action with Ifanse (Or dump off passes) this season. He was getting yards going against PILES of players last year. If the passing game comes around there will be much larger openings and less players to get through into the second level (and we have seen what he does to DB's at the second level :) ).
This??!

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm
RobertCats wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
so yes, I am biased... but there is not a running back in the league that I would rather have over Ifanse… (other then TA... ha). Seriously though, even with a pretty loaded backfield this year, I expect him to put up some very big numbers.

If he can stay healthy, I expect him to break the all time Bobcat career rushing yards record. Guy is legit!
I’ll call it right now. He won’t have as big of a year as last unless TA is standing close to him as QB. And that’s from someone who thinks Ifanse is a beast. Defenses couldn’t key him last year due to TA. Take that away and Ifanse will be less productive.
That’s true on one hand, but you have to consider that last year defenses were crowding the line knowing either Andersen or Ifanse we’re running it. This year they’ll have to account for the passing game, which will open things up for Ifanse.

You also need to take into account that Ifanse got to know the system better as the season rolled along. He only had 15 yards in his first two games. He had 691 in his last six games. 366 his first six, which included the Wagner game when he ran for 146.
Yeah I can't wait to see some legit play action with Ifanse (Or dump off passes) this season. He was getting yards going against PILES of players last year. If the passing game comes around there will be much larger openings and less players to get through into the second level (and we have seen what he does to DB's at the second level :) ).
This??!

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D^ =D^
Yep :)

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:27 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:54 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

True, but when TA is standing back there we are facing a stacked box 100% of the time. Now I get one of those guys in the box is taken away if they are spying Troy but I would love to see a team having to respect our passing game and give Ifanse a chance to run against a Nickel defense. We do not have that passing threat yet, but all I'm saying is that it might not have as much of an impact as you think if we are able to move the ball through the air and back those safeties off the LOS.
That’s the big IF though isn’t it. I haven’t seen a passing game there in 3 years and I don’t think Rovig is about to give you one. Not from what I’ve seen (and heard).

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:27 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

True, but when TA is standing back there we are facing a stacked box 100% of the time. Now I get one of those guys in the box is taken away if they are spying Troy but I would love to see a team having to respect our passing game and give Ifanse a chance to run against a Nickel defense. We do not have that passing threat yet, but all I'm saying is that it might not have as much of an impact as you think if we are able to move the ball through the air and back those safeties off the LOS.
That’s the big IF though isn’t it. I haven’t seen a passing game there in 3 years and I don’t think Rovig is about to give you one. Not from what I’ve seen (and heard).
I don’t think it’s that big of an if. Murray and Andersen weren’t playing because they were better passers than Rovig and Bauman. Despite having below average passing ability, they still weren’t the worst passers in the league. Andersen was 8th last year and Murray was 9th the year before in passer efficiency. If they can do that, then it’s not a big stretch to think Rovig or Bauman can be around 5th or 6th. Their accuracy alone is probably enough to keep defenses honest.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:44 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

I don’t think it’s that big of an if. Murray and Andersen weren’t playing because they were better passers than Rovig and Bauman. Despite having below average passing ability, they still weren’t the worst passers in the league. Andersen was 8th last year and Murray was 9th the year before in passer efficiency. If they can do that, then it’s not a big stretch to think Rovig or Bauman can be around 5th or 6th. Their accuracy alone is probably enough to keep defenses honest.
Yea you may be right. Maybe any jump up is a good jump. Will be interesting to see it unfold. I don’t think it will be shocking at all to see TA at QB again.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Yea you may be right. Maybe any jump up is a good jump. Will be interesting to see it unfold. I don’t think it will be shocking at all to see TA at QB again.
He might be taking some snaps and he might even pass the ball out of that set, but only as a "trick" play.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:06 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

He might be taking some snaps and he might even pass the ball out of that set, but only as a "trick" play.
The only reasonable way Andersen ends up starting at QB is if Rovig and Bauman get hurt. I have a hard time imagining that they’re both going to be that ineffective. I think Andersen is going to be very good at LB and it’ll be difficult to play him more than 3-4 snaps per game on offense. I also think MSU will be using Jonsen at QB more than it did last year. And the run game will spell Ifanse with Jones more than Andersen.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 pm

What do you know about Rovig or what have heard about him?

You're a fool, you know nothing, go give hauck a pedicure!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Rovig was 6-9-1, 161 yards and a TD in the second half vs SDSU. Played well vs Wagner. 23-34-0, 310 yards and 3 touchdowns. That doesn’t mean he’s going to be great, but it’s promising.

toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:34 pm
Rovig was 6-9-1, 161 yards and a TD in the second half vs SDSU. Played well vs Wagner. 23-34-0, 310 yards and 3 touchdowns. That doesn’t mean he’s going to be great, but it’s promising.
You’ve got to figure that had he been able to finish the season he wouldn’t have gotten worse. Anywhere near 10 yards per pass is pretty pretty good.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Second team defense at SDSU and Wagner....well you may as well use MT Tech as they’d give them a run for their money. I have my reasons for Rovig doubts. It’s not just me either. We will see how it plays out. Maybe he has upped his game considerably. Not impossible.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:55 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:08 am
vike_king wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am
Wow, they aren't convinced that Troy Anderson will be concentrating on defense this year.
??

They aren't going to put a guy who hasn't played on defense on the 1st Team. Had to put him *somewhere*, and with his role on offense (he will have one), FB makes the most sense. I'm actually surprised at how well thought out it was.
Hero Sports had Troy as first team All American on defense in their preseason team:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2 ... -team-ajaj

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Second team defense at SDSU and Wagner....well you may as well use MT Tech as they’d give them a run for their money. I have my reasons for Rovig doubts. It’s not just me either. We will see how it plays out. Maybe he has upped his game considerably. Not impossible.
The SDSU starters were still in during the third quarter, which is when he did most of that. Two drives. 5-7-0 137 yards and a touchdown.

He’s not going to put up those numbers for an entire season (if he did MSU would runaway with the league), but he doesn’t have to in order to make MSU a top 3 team.

He was 8-14-0, 134 yards and no touchdowns in the spring game.

toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Second team defense at SDSU
100% false.
Just like how you've "seen and heard" that Rovig won't be any good.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 am
Lots to break down here, but SHOCKED that Jahque Alleyne isn't on the list... Big snub in my mind.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
100% false.
Meh. I know enough of what I’ve seen. And well those other doubters are MSU football fans. And probably a lot more connected than you. You can get pissy with them instead.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
100% false.
Meh. I know enough of what I’ve seen. And well those other doubters are MSU football fans. And probably a lot more connected than you. You can get pissy with them instead.
You don't know whether Rovig will be any good, and neither do I. And neither do your friends regardless of who they root for.
A person interested in an honest discussion doesn't make things up and exaggerate facts like you do.
Then you get called on it, and either play the "poor me" card or talk about your connections.
You're just trolling, plain and simple.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm

RobertCats wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

This??!

Oh YeaH! Ifanse will do that again and again, I can't wait for this season to start. Let's skip right to the end of August.