Big Sky Kickoff - R&R Cat Cast

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: Big Sky Kickoff - R&R Cat Cast

Post by RobertCats » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:11 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 pm
I imagine with Pluto and the Big Sky already announcing upgrades to Pluto for the year that this is about as far as that will go, at least this year. I don't think we'll have a chance to ask him ourselves unfortunately.
Seems to me that whatever broadcast service the Big Sky has chosen, the quality of the stream comes down to the weak link being who is producing the stream for the host team - we have seen a range of a couple cams with and very poor band-with to SWX for many of the bobcat games. Anyway, the issue to me seem to be the Big Sky setting some minimum standards that will assure some level of quality and consistency.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm

codecat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:11 pm
CelticCat wrote:
I imagine with Pluto and the Big Sky already announcing upgrades to Pluto for the year that this is about as far as that will go, at least this year. I don't think we'll have a chance to ask him ourselves unfortunately.
Seems to me that whatever broadcast service the Big Sky has chosen, the quality of the stream comes down to the weak link being who is producing the stream for the host team - we have seen a range of a couple cams with and very poor band-with to SWX for many of the bobcat games. Anyway, the issue to me seem to be the Big Sky setting some minimum standards that will assure some level of quality and consistency.

For sure, and I've been saying that for years. Getting the best bandwidth in the world doesn't matter if the host school doesn't put any effort into the production. There has to be some sort of standard here.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Yo, @Common Cat. Looking forward to hearing your behind the scenes report. I can only assume you got blackout drunk with @Colter_Nuanez and Bruce Barnum and are still healing up.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:05 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm
codecat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:11 pm
CelticCat wrote:

For sure, and I've been saying that for years. Getting the best bandwidth in the world doesn't matter if the host school doesn't put any effort into the production. There has to be some sort of standard here.
I was watching a Bobcat basketball game on Pluto last season that never ended, at least never ended on Pluto. The video hung up near the end of the game and then kept replaying the same 10-15 second play over and over. I just gave up and went on Twitter to find out the final score. Really frustrating.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:22 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Yo, @Common Cat. Looking forward to hearing your behind the scenes report. I can only assume you got blackout drunk with @Colter_Nuanez and Bruce Barnum and are still healing up.
I walked into the Lobby and Choate and Hauck were squaring off with a gentleman’s arm wrestling dual. Barnum was smoking a stogie taking bets and Hawkins was crying in the corner. That was the first night...

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:22 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm
I walked into the Lobby and Choate and Hauck were squaring off with a gentleman’s arm wrestling dual. Barnum was smoking a stogie taking bets and Hawkins was crying in the corner. That was the first night...
😂