Dylan Porter (transfer from Nevada) commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Dylan Porter (transfer from Nevada) commits

Post by bobcatfan123 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 pm

asstastic wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:57 pm
Question for everyone:

Isn’t it a coach’s job to try to recruit over players?

It seems all the discussion on this board lately has been about attrition and the coaches not having faith in people because they sign a drop down or mention they need another player.

Saying there will be attrition on the horizon is like saying the sun is gonna set behind the mountains tonight.

The right players will rise to the challenge.
I guess I could have stated that more positively. We have allot of potential at the lb spot. I'm hopeful that we get to watch our LB corps ball out. Might be my favorite position to watch.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:18 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 pm
asstastic wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:57 pm
Question for everyone:

Isn’t it a coach’s job to try to recruit over players?

It seems all the discussion on this board lately has been about attrition and the coaches not having faith in people because they sign a drop down or mention they need another player.

Saying there will be attrition on the horizon is like saying the sun is gonna set behind the mountains tonight.

The right players will rise to the challenge.
I guess I could have stated that more positively. We have allot of potential at the lb spot. I'm hopeful that we get to watch our LB corps ball out. Might be my favorite position to watch.
Not even directed at you a little bit. More at the entire board for the last year.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:20 pm

DP saw the field last year as a redfrosh vs. Portland State. He is a mechanical engineering major. Lots of football honors in high school but also shows very well as a wrestler.